Minecraft - Does God Still Love Griefers?

Great for talking hardware, hype, and games outside traditional genres.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
Bruce_Campbell
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
RKDN wrote:When Christ commanded that we should forgive one another 'seventy times seven', it was in response to a scenario in which one disciple were to forgive another disciple. In essence, fellow Believers are to offer unrestricted and unlimited forgiveness to one another.

Christ did not, however, indicate how many times we are to forgive NON-Believers. Earlier in the lesson, he said to 'turn the other cheek.' The human body has a very finite and limited number of cheeks to be turned.

A fellow Christian should be forgiven always. Others? You may give then a second chance, and then thats it. At least that is my interpretation. It would have been very simple for Christ to say, "oh you should always forgive people over and over again without limit" but he did not say that.

He also did not say that forgiveness must be given with trust: you can forgive, but you are not required to forget.

The great thing about minecraft, is that you can always rebuild - and when you have a good community on your server, you aren't alone in having to do so. I look forward to joining soon. I am not going to make 15 hasty and pointless posts just to gain access, so you may not see me online for some time. That is fine. Patience is the best appetizer.

Bob (aka RKDN, aka Arcadian)
This kind of thing is why non-Christians like myself don't always feel welcome by the church. Thanks for the one freebie, by the way.
A vegan atheist walks into a bar. Bartender says "Hey, are you a vegan atheist? Just kidding, you've mentioned it like eight times already."
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
RKDN wrote:When Christ commanded that we should forgive one another 'seventy times seven', it was in response to a scenario in which one disciple were to forgive another disciple. In essence, fellow Believers are to offer unrestricted and unlimited forgiveness to one another.

Christ did not, however, indicate how many times we are to forgive NON-Believers. Earlier in the lesson, he said to 'turn the other cheek.' The human body has a very finite and limited number of cheeks to be turned.
Welcome to the site, Bob.

But I have to disagree with you very strongly here. Bruce is right to point out this is exactly the kind of thinking that drives a wedge between Christians and those they interact with. It's a sort of contradiction because ideally fellow Christians would require forgiveness less often than those who don't follow Christ's teachings.

The verse you referenced is Matthew 18:22, but if you go on and read the rest of the chapter, Jesus sets up an analogy of a master who forgave the debt of a servant, but then the servant went out and refused to forgive the debt of another man who asked it of him, and so the master became angry and forced the servant to repay him after all.

Nowhere in that parable does it suggest that the rules are different for some than for others.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
Epicness23
Noob
Noob
The prayer of the lord states: "forgive us our sins as we forgive those who sin against us."
This means that we should forgive infinitely, however, it is very clear that trust is not required after the said forgiveness. Bob is wrong; Ihasgaming and all the others are to be forgiven, but it's more logical that we should really just walk away from them. Or in this case: ban them.

P.S. I don't mean ban Bruce, I mean ban those who deserve it.
Minecraft name: randomredhead12
My motto in sports: It's not about winning or losing, its about the stupidity to try
Bmanhill
Sure, of course he does.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
my that's a popular avatar
Emwok
CCGR addict
Lol!! I think I've seen at least one other person with that one....
Spoiler:

ChickenSoup
CCGR addict

A fellow Christian should be forgiven always. Others? You may give then a second chance, and then thats it. At least that is my interpretation. It would have been very simple for Christ to say, "oh you should always forgive people over and over again without limit" but he did not say that.
I do not associate with this man
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
I guess he forgot these verses...

Mat 6:14 "If you forgive those who sin against you, your heavenly Father will forgive you.

Mat 6:15 But if you refuse to forgive others, your Father will not forgive your sins.
Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

1 Corinthians 13; remember it always.
lego_world
Noob
Noob
So forgive griefers... and hackers and people.
KingMerek_
Noob
Noob
Yup I think he dose (that doesn't mean I want to play with them) let's hope that they change and stop grefing :)