Modesty Mods

Great for talking hardware, hype, and games outside traditional genres.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
Berzee
Noob
Noob
Are you human?: Yes!
---------
UPDATE (November 17, 2014)
http://modestymods.com now includes these games:

Arcanum
Deus Ex
Fallout 3
Hearthstone (new)
Heroes of Might and Magic V (new)
King's Bounty
No One Lives Forever
Risen
Sid Meier's Pirates! (2004 remake) (new)
Skyrim
Wizardry VI: Bane of the Cosmic Forge (new)

(Not sure what game I'll work on next; maybe the mostly-finished Wizardry 6 mod I've been sitting on for over a year now. ^_^)
---------

Hello all!

The day I realized it was totally possible to mod immodesty out of a lot of games, was a fine day. =) I'm not a very good modder, but I have managed to cobble together some tweaks for a few games so that I can play them without undue awkwardness, and I've found a few similar mods by other people scattered across the internet.

Feel free to discuss in this post the notion of modesty mods in general, as well as linking to promising mods or suggesting games that need them. I will add any useful links to my website and together we will be unstoppable!
Last edited by Berzee on Fri May 09, 2014 3:30 pm, edited 8 times in total.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Welcome Berzee! What a great contribution to the Christian gaming community! I know King's Bounty needed some modding. :) I'll be happy to link to your site and help spread the word.
Berzee
Noob
Noob
Thanks! That would be awesome. I'll try to get some of my other mods up there too, and keep the lists updated as I get submissions.

I warn you, the mods made by myself are kind of rush jobs, because I am unskilled and also wanted to keep playing the games. =P So, for example, some King's Bounty units just have invisible torsos. ;)
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
hehe well you gotta start somewhere :)

http://www.christcenteredgamer.com/inde ... g?start=40
Nate DaZombie
VIP Member
VIP Member
Welcome to the site! What you're doing is pretty awesome. I loved Jade Empire, Skyrim, and Deus Ex (which, unfortunately, I had to play on the PS2).

I'd like to see a Duke Nukem Forever mod. Not because it needs it (which it does) but because it would make the game even less playable. Without the women, nobody would like that game (assuming some people actually do, which I doubt). And I'm sure plenty of fighting games enthusiasts would love some mods too.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
I always thought it would be funny to replace the pentagrams with smiley faces
JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
This is AWESOME!!!!
I will look forward to what you make a mod for next. :)
Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

1 Corinthians 13; remember it always.
Blue
VIP Member
VIP Member
That's very cool!

I'd love for more games to be modded. I'll be sure to bookmark your website and check it out every once and a while. :)
Berzee
Noob
Noob
My modesty mod for Skyrim is up on Steam Workshop now. That was an annoying process, but hopefully it will be worth it. =P

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... /?id=19338

Thanks for all the enthusiastic responses; I'm glad others enjoy the idea as much as I do. :D
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Dewd you rock. O_o You're like...a gaming hero. One I've always wanted to exist. <3

I've considered modding games, but never really knew how. I'd likely tackle Daggerfall if I did though.
Berzee
Noob
Noob
Thanks :D The positive reception fills me with hope for collecting an actually decent catalogue of mods in the future.
Chozon1 wrote:I'd likely tackle Daggerfall if I did though.
DUDE, I know!
When I was like 10, my cousin came over to visit and I had just gotten this game, and I loaded it up to show him my cool new game. First thing I did was inspect my inventory and see if I could swap out items...removed pants from paper doll...augh, mine eyes. X_X I haven't played it since, but I might now that we have the power to change things. =P

In all this excitement, I also dug up my old Arcanum mod and put it here.
I've considered modding games, but never really knew how.
I don't really either ;) just lots of googling. The hardest part of that the method and the difficulty varies wildly from game to game. King's Bounty was mostly erasing textures so people were invisible from the neck down, while Skyrim has the relatively easy Creation Kit now so I was able to make a tiny mod that just swaps one outfit for another. Arcanum has a whole labyrinth of tools to download and mess with, crazy file formats, et cetera. It's kind of fun to see how differently different people put their games together. =)

^------ (transparent attempt to interest other people in making these kind of mods so that I have less work to do ;) )
Last edited by Berzee on Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Orodrist
CCGR addict
Location: Surrounded by blood and bathed in fire on a frozen lake
....woooowwwww....

/FL immunity
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do - Robert A Heinlein

Courage ~ Discipline ~ Fidelity ~ Honor ~ Hospitality ~ Industriousness ~ Perseverance ~ Self Reliance ~
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Berzee wrote:Thanks :D The positive reception fills me with hope for collecting an actually decent catalogue of mods in the future.
Chozon1 wrote:I'd likely tackle Daggerfall if I did though.
DUDE, I know!
When I was like 10, my cousin came over to visit and I had just gotten this game, and I loaded it up to show him my cool new game. First thing I did was inspect my inventory and see if I could swap out items...removed pants from paper doll...augh, mine eyes. X_X I haven't played it since, but I might now that we have the power to change things. =P

In all this excitement, I also dug up my old Arcanum mod and put it here.
I've considered modding games, but never really knew how.
I don't really either ;) just lots of googling. The hardest part of that the method and the difficulty varies wildly from game to game. King's Bounty was mostly erasing textures so people were invisible from the neck down, while Skyrim has the relatively easy Creation Kit now so I was able to make a tiny mod that just swaps one outfit for another. Arcanum has a whole labyrinth of tools to download and mess with, crazy file formats, et cetera. It's kind of fun to see how differently different people put their games together. =)

^------ (transparent attempt to interest other people in making these kind of mods so that I have less work to do ;) )
Nice. XD I never got Daggerfall since I wanted to avoid the nudity. Always bothered me since that game is gigantic.

I'll have to look up modding. It'd be nice to have an established community for mod-mods.
Berzee
Noob
Noob
Happily, I hadn't deleted my old Deus Ex mod like I thought I had! It is here:

Direct Download: https://rapidshare.com/files/2439049030 ... sty_mod.7z
Page about it: http://jake.brasee.com/modestymods/deus_ex.php
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Cool. ^_^ That game is surprisingly clean.