Last Game You Beat

Great for talking hardware, hype, and games outside traditional genres.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
airpa
VIP Member
VIP Member
Assassin's Creed: Directors Cut

Amazing game. I loved it! I played it on full graphics on PC and was blown away. I hope Darth buys the second one. :D
Pheonix
Forum Moderator
Crysis and The Beatles: Rock Band
OI! I have a Tumblr. You could follow it if you want,

New member? Want to get those first 15 posts? This should help.
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
F.E.A.R.: Extraction Point

This game is to F.E.A.R. as Half-Life 2: Episode 1 is to Half-Life 2

That's really all there is to it. XD
Wolfgang
Gamer
Gamer
Fallout 3. Pretty short actually, wasn't expecting the end so soon. Then again since it's GOTY edition I still have Broken Steel and most of the other addons to go through.
"Love is immortal... Too bad you aren't." Magoichi Saika (Samurai Warriors 2)
SpartanOmega
Gamer
Gamer
Location: since you see this post.... I'm probably at my computer.
Wolfgang wrote:Fallout 3. Pretty short actually, wasn't expecting the end so soon. Then again since it's GOTY edition I still have Broken Steel and most of the other addons to go through.

Didn't do many sidequests? I clocked a little over 80 hours, so I didn't think it was short.
"Always tell of God's love. If necessary, use words"- St. Francis

Kudos: 35
Wolfgang
Gamer
Gamer
Well, I did side quests and have racked up bout 80 hours myself (though a chunk of those are addons), I just meant the main quest was short. If I went straight through it you could get it done pretty quickly. Though, you'd have to be somewhat optimized to be able to get through some of the more combat intensive portions.
GarthVader
VIP Member
VIP Member
I, too, was rather shocked at the brevity of the Main Quest for Fallout 3. Still, I think the side quests really are the meat of the game.
Bruce_Campbell
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
You know, I never thought about how short the main quest was in Fallout 3... but then I put it off for a long time doing side quests.
A vegan atheist walks into a bar. Bartender says "Hey, are you a vegan atheist? Just kidding, you've mentioned it like eight times already."
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
minecraft

blew stuff up, maaan
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
Drewsov
CCGR addict
Limbo

Just.... wow. Such an amazing game. It's probably as close to perfect as I've ever seen a game, and its difficulty curve is polished but just difficult enough to give the most seasoned of gamers pause.

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Awesome game, but stupid cliffhanger ending. xD
http://exculpate.wordpress.com - Updated 2.10.12

You were telling him about Buddha, you were telling him about Mohammed in the same breath. You never mentioned one time the Man who came and died a criminal’s death...
Wolfgang
Gamer
Gamer
Overlord

Took a long break from this one cause I got distracted by fifty different games (steam sales, Halo Reach, etc.). Finally got around to beating it though.
Spoiler:
The ending is kind of weird as it is revealed at the last second that you are one of the heroes that defeated the old Overlord and you have been going around killing your old companions (who had left you for dead) and were corrupted by the old overlord (who possessed some wizard). The old Overlord/wizard makes a big deal about this throughout the final act, but it really has no impact since there wasn't much of a buildup and it comes out of nowhere (your companions do not even recognize you). There is also a confusing bit about your minions betraying you and both your potential mistresses being the old Overlord's daughters... but it doesn't really come to much as your chosen mistress will help you anyway and your minions are easy to recover.

All in all it's just poorly executed. If it was properly set up and a bit more thought out it might have given the game an interesting story. As is it's still playable for those of you who just want to be evil.
Wolfgang
Gamer
Gamer
Overlord II

Did about 30 hours in two days. I need to go move around some to make sure my body hasn't atrophied too much. It's interesting that there's a mix of villain and hero in this story. On one hand you're blatantly destroying things and dominating/killing people... on the other you're destroying a corrupt empire. First game is like that too, taking down a bunch of corrupt heroes with the occasional mandatory act of evil. It also makes an assumption about which mistress you chose in the first game though I suppose Velvet probably couldn't fill the same role (of course why anyone would have picked Rose is beyond me). Still, fun game, despite a number of flaws (mostly with AI and pathfinding) it is what it is: a game about running around, wrecking havoc, and taking over the world.

Assassin's Creed

Ugh. This was a chore.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Kaptain Brawe: A Brawe New World - got my youtube video up..a whopping 2 minutes long!
Wolfgang
Gamer
Gamer
Sam and Max: Reality 2.0

Pretty entertaining, especially since they added some new dialog for most of the recurring items.
Nix
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Not likely
Dragon Age: Origins

Good game, I thoroughly enjoyed the adventure and going through the story. My main beef with the game, however, was the main character. I didn't care about him whatsoever. I feel more for Shepherd from Mass Effect than I do for the main in Origins. They have no personality, and again it's the whole "silent protagonist" thing which is soooo shallow to me.

It's not a huge downer considering the epic adventure, I guess... but the characters are what drive games for me so I was disappointed the main guy (or gal) sucked so bad. However, some of the other characters were downright awesome (Sten and Morrigan were exceptionally deep). Plus... <3 my dog.

"Kissaki Kai is not like fighting an opponent, it is an execution."