Last Game You Beat

Great for talking hardware, hype, and games outside traditional genres.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
Orodrist
CCGR addict
Location: Surrounded by blood and bathed in fire on a frozen lake
STALKER Call of Pripyat did that first <_<
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do - Robert A Heinlein

Courage ~ Discipline ~ Fidelity ~ Honor ~ Hospitality ~ Industriousness ~ Perseverance ~ Self Reliance ~
Kendrik
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse - Episode 1: The Penal Zone

...long title for an amazing game. I adore (adore, ADORE) Telltale Games. Classic adventure game overloaded with humor (though not all of it would get a G-rating). Such awesomeness.

So worth having Playstation Plus for... and I didn't even know I'd be getting it when I signed up.

Oh, and I now have episodes 2-5 to play.

But I did 100% (all the trophies) episode 1. :D

Two games that I've hit 100% on in two days. Woot.
Wolfgang
Gamer
Gamer
Just played the fourth in the above series (free on steam).

Though, I pretty much agree with what Kenny said. I'm probably going to buy the rest of seasons 1 and 2 as they're on sale.

Funny game, nothing excessively gruesome or foul for the most part. Not exceedingly difficult but lots of funny dialog.
"Love is immortal... Too bad you aren't." Magoichi Saika (Samurai Warriors 2)
Orodrist
CCGR addict
Location: Surrounded by blood and bathed in fire on a frozen lake
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves.

Excellent game all around, barring a couple innocuous glitches.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do - Robert A Heinlein

Courage ~ Discipline ~ Fidelity ~ Honor ~ Hospitality ~ Industriousness ~ Perseverance ~ Self Reliance ~
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
F.E.A.R.

Wow. Just, wow. What an experience. None of it's individual aspects are amazing, not even great, but combined they make for a very powerful experience.

The bad: The combat gets exceedingly repetitive after a short time. It almost becomes a drudge to encounter some enemies. Further, the limitation of only being able to carry three weapons turns into a huge hassle, namely because there is hardly enough ammo to successfully combat Replicants. Finally, the horror element wasn't emphasized enough for my tastes, though it did get progressively darker as the game went on.

There's also a fair amount of glitches. I saw ceiling tiles go through people, bullets would randomly glitch through objects, and my bullets would sometimes whizz through enemies. In addition, some elements of the game seem exaggerated simply because they want them to be. For example, I had no idea that a shotgun blast to the chest at 6 feet could cause someone to explode into chunks no bigger than a football! Or that shooting someone in the neck with a shotgun would cause their head to pop of every time! Then there's the fact that enemies seem to bleed more blood than the human body actually has and still be walking. Yuck.

The good: Atmosphere. Ho-ly Crap. This game does atmosphere almost as good as Silent Hill, and surprisingly enough, doesn't rely too much on "jump" scenes. Granted, having a Replicant Assassin and a dead body come flying out a window when you least expect it makes you jump, but hallucinating things to the point of doing them in the real world without noticing it speaks more for "better" horror.

The story, while not fantastic, drives the game along and keeps you guessing for a while. I must admit, I didn't see certain parts of the end coming. For those considering this game, stay after the credits. There's a phone call which has MGS-esque information.
Spoiler:
For example, your mother is, in fact, Alma and you are part of Project Origin as a prototype.

All in all, a very fun, very scary game. I sadly can't recommend it to everyone due to loads of blood, gore, language, and even some partial nudity, but if you're looking for an action-packed j-horror-inspired game, look no further than F.E.A.R..

EDIT:

Aaaaannnndddd I just beat Sam & Max 104: Abe Lincoln Must Die! Wacky fun.
M_Unlimited
Halo 3... Loved it
@Cheryl: Thanks for a wonderful community. It is a pleasure and honor to be a part of it.

Image ssss

Pheonix
Forum Moderator
Halo: Reach on Legendary.

Bambalam
OI! I have a Tumblr. You could follow it if you want,

New member? Want to get those first 15 posts? This should help.
Kendrik
CCGR addict
Borderlands

My brother and I just finished playthrough one. We've done all of the known missions. O.o Aside from a few Claptraps (I guess those could count as missions, though :P ), we've totally cleared it. Gonna grab those tomorrow (it's 3AM now... couldn't stop once the end was so close!). Also level up in the process. I believe I'm seven Achievements away from completion, too. O.o

Such an awesome game... and it won't be getting retired to the shelf any time soon, either. After all, we have a second playthrough to do (higher levels AND BETTER LOOT!!!!11!) and a level cap to hit. Definitely gonna be picking up GOTY Edition at some point in the future since that's the cheapest way to get all the DLC.

I'd say the game is short, but it's not exactly true. We've probably put a solid 20 hours (and I'm guessing that's erring on the side of understatement) into it already.

Yeah. Beating it is not the same as being done with it. I guarantee we'll be playing late into the evening again tomorrow.

...just not until 3AM again. :P
tyuru
Noob
Noob
Spyro the Dragon. Old-school ps1 games FTW. Me and my brother have probably beaten the game 20 times each and I still love it.
SpartanOmega
Gamer
Gamer
Location: since you see this post.... I'm probably at my computer.
Kendrik wrote:Borderlands

My brother and I just finished playthrough one. We've done all of the known missions. O.o Aside from a few Claptraps (I guess those could count as missions, though :P ), we've totally cleared it. Gonna grab those tomorrow (it's 3AM now... couldn't stop once the end was so close!). Also level up in the process. I believe I'm seven Achievements away from completion, too. O.o

Such an awesome game... and it won't be getting retired to the shelf any time soon, either. After all, we have a second playthrough to do (higher levels AND BETTER LOOT!!!!11!) and a level cap to hit. Definitely gonna be picking up GOTY Edition at some point in the future since that's the cheapest way to get all the DLC.

I'd say the game is short, but it's not exactly true. We've probably put a solid 20 hours (and I'm guessing that's erring on the side of understatement) into it already.

Yeah. Beating it is not the same as being done with it. I guarantee we'll be playing late into the evening again tomorrow.

...just not until 3AM again. :P
I'm sorry, but I feel no love for Borderlands. It was mildly fun playing co-op, but overall it was one of the biggest disappointments in recent years for me.

I loved the way they originally intended to go with the game, but once they changed that... I just couldn't like it.
"Always tell of God's love. If necessary, use words"- St. Francis

Kudos: 35
Kendrik
CCGR addict
SpartanOmega wrote:I'm sorry, but I feel no love for Borderlands. It was mildly fun playing co-op, but overall it was one of the biggest disappointments in recent years for me.

I loved the way they originally intended to go with the game, but once they changed that... I just couldn't like it.
I'm sorry, but how you feel about a game doesn't affect me in the slightest. :P
IBJamon
Site Admin
Site Admin
Borderlands, and I am also not even close to done with it. I just picked up all of the DLC the other day. :)

I have observed that this game is more polarizing than many FPS I have seen. It's interesting. I think if you are an RPG lover this game hits home more than if you are a FPS lover.

IBJamon
Bruce_Campbell
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Borderlands sounds like something I need to pick up. I think I'll wait for the GotY edition. Kenny and I tend to like the same types of games (except I'm not big on fighters), so I trust his opinion. Also, I like FPS's but love RPGs.

I finished Episode 3 of Sam and Max: The Devil's Playhouse late last night. So far, I've enjoyed every episode; particularly the beginning of Episode 3. I just started Episode 4 and it looks to be the best of the bunch.
A vegan atheist walks into a bar. Bartender says "Hey, are you a vegan atheist? Just kidding, you've mentioned it like eight times already."
Strider
CCGR addict
The Darkness

Creepy, disturbing, and incredibly foul-mouthed. Also, a very well made game. The gunplay is weak, but honestly, who needs guns when you have the Darkness and all its awesome powers? The story wasn't too shabby either.

8.0/10
Government is another way of saying "better than you."
Bruce_Campbell
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Finished all the episodes of Sam and Max: The Devil's Playhouse. I'd say that episodes 1 and 5 were the weakest of the bunch, but it was all well worth playing.
A vegan atheist walks into a bar. Bartender says "Hey, are you a vegan atheist? Just kidding, you've mentioned it like eight times already."