Last Game You Beat

Great for talking hardware, hype, and games outside traditional genres.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
Nelson Tethers: Puzzle Agent.

Very disappointing ending.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Act 1 of Broken Age - great adventure game, glad I backed it!
CHGames2014
Noob
Noob
I have beat minecraft multiple times today.
Mario is Mario.
Peach is Peach.
Luigi is Luigi.
BUT LINK IS NOT ZELDA!
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
How do you beat Minecraft? by killing the dragon?
Minecrafty
Noob
Noob
I beat FinalFantasy3 without the ActionReplay, which I consider a miracle.
So (insert meaning of life and REALLY important stuffs here) and that's what I'm all about!

Life is about the Journey!
Syphrice
Noob
Noob
Arc the Lad 3
TDog9631
The last game I beat was LoZ: The Minish Cap. That was in May 2013. Yeah.
To be quite honest I don't play AND finish single-player games. I just prefer MP games like Minecraft, Dota, assorted free MMOs, BF3 every now and then. I very nearly beat the original Splinter Cell and had about 11 hrs in Batman: Arkham Asylum before I got stuck at a point where the controls make it gosh darn near impossible to solve a puzzle that allows you to continue.
Steam: bE.(Insert witty name) Origin: TDog9631 Battle.net:TDog9631#1737
Emwok
CCGR addict
Pokémon X.

Still lots of post-game content to be explored, but I'm going to have my friend hold my Pokémon and restart after I'm done to get another legendary. :D
Spoiler:

LAVA89
TDog9631 wrote:had about 11 hrs in Batman: Arkham Asylum before I got stuck at a point where the controls make it gosh darn near impossible to solve a puzzle that allows you to continue.
Oh really? What part is this? And what controls are you using? (keyboard, 360 controller, etc)

If you need any help with the game, feel free to PM me or post about it, I got all of the achievements for both Arkham games.
TDog9631
It's right after you save the doctors by stealthily knocking out all of the thugs. Then there's the secret door with the joker gas lock that needs to be deciphered. The things is, the decrypter thingy is a pain to use with M/K and to save room on my hard drive I uninstalled it, only to get a controller a couple weeks later. I'm probably going to go at it again over spring break. WITH a controller this time.
LAVA89
TDog9631 wrote:It's right after you save the doctors by stealthily knocking out all of the thugs. Then there's the secret door with the joker gas lock that needs to be deciphered. The things is, the decrypter thingy is a pain to use with M/K and to save room on my hard drive I uninstalled it, only to get a controller a couple weeks later. I'm probably going to go at it again over spring break. WITH a controller this time.
YES, a controller is a must for that game. I stopped playing with Mouse / Keyboard when it got to be a pain to crawl AND take enemies out and such, since you're holding down ctrl the whole time while pressing WASD and doing other stuff, so your hand is really stretched out just to play the game. In fact, now I play any 3rd person action or platformer game with a controller as well (i.e. Sonic Generations, Splinter Cell and Transformers: War for Cybertron).

What kind of controller did you get?
TDog9631
I went cheap and got an adapter for my PS2 controller, then I use x360ce to trick the games into thinking I'm using XBox. The only problem is, my bros still use my PS2 and apparently they have to play Co-Op in EVERYTHING. So I need to get another Dualshock sometime.
LAVA89
TDog9631 wrote:I went cheap and got an adapter for my PS2 controller, then I use x360ce to trick the games into thinking I'm using XBox. The only problem is, my bros still use my PS2 and apparently they have to play Co-Op in EVERYTHING. So I need to get another Dualshock sometime.
Ah ok, that's a good idea about x360ce, because I was going to tell you that Batman Arkham only really works with 360 controllers (natively at least, as XPadder helps), but it looks like you found a good substitute.
TDog9631
LAVA89 wrote:
TDog9631 wrote:I went cheap and got an adapter for my PS2 controller, then I use x360ce to trick the games into thinking I'm using XBox. The only problem is, my bros still use my PS2 and apparently they have to play Co-Op in EVERYTHING. So I need to get another Dualshock sometime.
Ah ok, that's a good idea about x360ce, because I was going to tell you that Batman Arkham only really works with 360 controllers (natively at least, as XPadder helps), but it looks like you found a good substitute.
Yeah I can't use the stick to navigate the menus (they're reversed) but once I'm in game I found a fix somewhere that re-inverts the stick so that they work in-game at least.
Pheonix
Forum Moderator
Crysis 3

Pleasantly surprised by this one.
OI! I have a Tumblr. You could follow it if you want,

New member? Want to get those first 15 posts? This should help.