What was the last game you played?

Great for talking hardware, hype, and games outside traditional genres.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Eh...the community will be bad no matter what. I can deal with it.
blacksinow
Deepfreeze32 wrote:I've also heard Dragon Age 2 is actually pretty great. I still need to beat Dragon Age: Origins though...

I've been playing a lot lately.

Minecraft, Sniper Elite V2, Warframe, and my personal favorite of the lot...

Europa Universalis IV. Muslim countries are hard though, I went into a multiplayer game with two friends, we chose Mamluk Sultanate (Me), Ottoman Empire, and Timurid Dynasty. We were struggling to hold our own against Europe and other Muslim empires. Especially Venice. Screw Venice, lol. Ended up getting into a hard war with Qara Qoyunlu and Hedjaz that ended up having issues when the Timurids had rebels rise up and start besieging cities.

I considered it a success though, I took most of the Hedjaz region including Medina. Sadly, didn't get Mecca. I was hemorrhaging money during that war, so I had to get a lot of support from both the Ottomans and the Timurids. Support which I repaid by sending armies to help quash Timurid rebellions.

Still, 99% warscore at the end. Feels good.

This game is too much fun. XD
What I love so much about Dragon Age 2 is the way it works mechanically. Magic is actually fun to cast and I've had little trouble in casting spells, BUT there are a few nagging points that I need to touch on. The armor is only for Hawke, where as you upgrade the armor of your companions by buying components. With that said, it's insanely fun and it's nice that it doesn't focus on the versus darkspawn plot like Mass Effect focuses on the reapers (obvious reasons ofcourse, but still a nice touch). With Dragon Age 2 comes a choice, being a mage and having to deal with your mage-killing templar-loving and jealous brother or templar-hating mage sister. If you're a mage you get the brother, warrior or rogue gets the mage sister.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Warlock 2 - it's fun when I don't get my butt kicked
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Moar DOTA.

In a stunning twist, I totally wiffed a game (like...10 deaths, 1 kill, 2 assists), and didn't get railed at. I need to play bot-matches more often. <3

Still haven't found a character I really love, though.
TDog9631
Chozon1 wrote:Moar DOTA.

In a stunning twist, I totally wiffed a game (like...10 deaths, 1 kill, 2 assists), and didn't get railed at. I need to play bot-matches more often. <3

You played LoL, right? What characters did you play in that game? Almost every champ I have played in LoL has comparable abilities to one hero in DOTA at least. I could probably give you a few suggestions with that in mind.
Steam: bE.(Insert witty name) Origin: TDog9631 Battle.net:TDog9631#1737
storm
Gamer
Gamer
the very last was runescape but I am playing minecraft more now than it
I love minecraft alot even though still learning so much but as my favorite saying goes
hey it's Lego's with attitude who wouldn't like that
=]
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
16 Rejoice always, 17 pray without ceasing, 18 in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. (NKJV)
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” Greg King
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
TDog9631 wrote:
Chozon1 wrote:Moar DOTA.

You played LoL, right? What characters did you play in that game? Almost every champ I have played in LoL has comparable abilities to one hero in DOTA at least. I could probably give you a few suggestions with that in mind.
I didn't really have an epic character in LoL either. XD I mostly played as Kayle, or Ashe.

Pretty sure Drow Archer is an Ashe clone (or vice versa, depending on which came first).
TDog9631
You're exactly right. Ashe and Drown are extremely simimlar. Both have the slowing Q (Drow's is more powerful) but Drow has a skillshot silence instead of a skillshot Arrow. There isn't anyone like Kayle that I can think of (Well done Riot, some originality!) but Abaddon has shield and heal plus an ult that is as awesome as Kayle's, even if it does only work on himself.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
I'm actually digging Tidehunter at the moment. I might actually try and go play a PvP match with him later. XD
TDog9631
Chozon1 wrote:I'm actually digging Tidehunter at the moment. I might actually try and go play a PvP match with him later. XD
Tidehunter IS fun. Buying refresher orb makes him so OP, the other team will quake in their boots.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
I'll have to try that. XD
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Final Fantasy Four Heroes of Light - enjoying it so far, different battle system but fun!
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Oddworld: Abe's Oddyssey.

I sort of promised myself I wasn't going to buy anything at the GOG summer sale, since the Steam summer sale is rumored for next week, but when I saw this for $1.50...

It's difficult, and sort of overly complex. I'm not used to the sort of timed movement yet, and I'm dead'ing a lot because of it.

But it's still awesome, and I'm pretty thrilled to cross a classic off my list. <3
Explobe
Noob
Noob
I love Minecraft. I play on Minecraft everyday
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee.

*sings*

Rage quiiiiits!!! Oh so many Rage Quiiiits!!!

Usually, when I repeatedly fail at a game, I may get grumpy, but I get over it because, you know, I can legitimately see what I did wrong, how to fix it, and really, sometimes I just need to up my game. I'll admit to it.

But this...this is hard because it's bulky and awkward to control, and has checkpoints that seem to flip a coin as to whether they decide to work. Save five Mudokons from a very difficult portion, then hit a checkpoint, save it, and die shortly after? Stinks to be you son; you gotta do it alllllll over again. *evil laugh* But then hit a checkpoint, save it, then accidentally leave an elevator in the wrong spot, meaning you literally cannot progress? Here you go man, I'll save every pixel for you. Because I love you. <3

There's also the fact that the game doesn't control fluidly. This is helpful when you need to measure steps before a trap, but not at all helpful when you need to run, turn, then jump. Because the latency makes you run a step past, walk two back, then get shot because you can't do that before the Squig blasts you.

And heaven forbid you need to turn and jump with any rapidity, because you may as well lay on the ground and play dead. In real life, not the game. It would be as helpful.

In short, the game is hard unintentionally, and because of (if it's possible to plead this of so ancient and venerable a title) bad design. It's like they couldn't decide if they wanted to make a puzzle adventure or a platformer, and ended up with some strange halfling race in between. If I did not like Oddworld so much, and have the gumption to beat the game, I'd probably...well, I don't know. Because it's a download, I can't return or trade it.

CURSE YOU DIGITAL ECONOMY.