What was the last game you played?

Great for talking hardware, hype, and games outside traditional genres.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
Kendrik
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Played a few matches with a Tribe of Judah friend.

Worst experience of my fighting game life.

I played on the DualShock... after training a lot on stick. Nothing works. At all. Worst ever. I understand all of your previous rage, Jester. Seriously. I can never go back to pad at this point. I just want to break things. It's really that bad.
Keero
u mad? y u mad tho? Also, Dark is really, really, good at MVC2 when I played him last year. :p

Team Fortress 2

For our TFTuesday.

Killing Floor

Played some with Wolfgang, and then showed my two brothers the ropes on Beginner, this was with the new x-mas content.

Guild Wars Trilogy

Doing Factions/EOTN content. Got my heroes some better skills, now I can almost capture an elite skill that'll let me spam abilities FOREVER for nasty AOE DPS. Go go Moebius Strike!
Kendrik
CCGR addict
Keero wrote:u mad? y u mad tho? Also, Dark is really, really, good at MVC2 when I played him last year. :p
My initial guess was that he and I weren't far apart in skill. I just got done with an eight game set with him... and though we went 4:4, he's definitely the better player.

Which was the last game I played.

And DCUOnline beta before that.

And will play it again soon.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Minecraft to test the server
Kendrik
CCGR addict
Sam & Max: The Devil's Playground - Episode 1: The Penal Zone

Gosh. I think I love this game. Naturally, I've made little progress in the story... but I've clicked on everything there is to click on. I've also laughed a lot. Like... a lot. I'm so gonna become a Telltale fanboy someday.

So glad I got Playstation Plus in time to get this as a part of the subscription. \m/

...beforethat...

DC Universe Online beta

Yeah. Not so much a fan. It's got a lot of cool going for it. Putting together a character is pretty neat, but a bit limited, too. Then the game actually starts, and mashy mechanics get stale fairly quick. Leveling up improves things, offering options, but, at least for the first few hours, mashing melee is pretty effective. Even trying to overlook that, the overall feel seems a bit repetitive and even tired. It's kinda fun, but definitely not on my pre-order list... especially not if they're gonna charge a full-priced subscription fee on top of retail cost.

Sorry, Deep, I won't be joining you in that mission. :P
Drewsov
CCGR addict
Had to stop playing Final Fantasy 13, because of disc problems.

So I hopped over to Halo Reach. Decided to knock it out on Legendary... which is easier than anticipated, because I'm not playing it with three guys. xD
http://exculpate.wordpress.com - Updated 2.10.12

You were telling him about Buddha, you were telling him about Mohammed in the same breath. You never mentioned one time the Man who came and died a criminal’s death...
Orodrist
CCGR addict
Location: Surrounded by blood and bathed in fire on a frozen lake
Left 4 Dead 2

So much better when I'm in an empty house so I can turn the gore on, even if I'd argue it's overdone.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do - Robert A Heinlein

Courage ~ Discipline ~ Fidelity ~ Honor ~ Hospitality ~ Industriousness ~ Perseverance ~ Self Reliance ~
Bruce_Campbell
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
FF9. Picked it up after a long hiatus, and finally killed that secret boss that was giving me trouble.

Before that, Kirby's Epic Yarn.
A vegan atheist walks into a bar. Bartender says "Hey, are you a vegan atheist? Just kidding, you've mentioned it like eight times already."
Wolfgang
Gamer
Gamer
Killing Floor. I will get Santa eventually. He shall not escape me.
"Love is immortal... Too bad you aren't." Magoichi Saika (Samurai Warriors 2)
Bruce_Campbell
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Kirby's Epic Yarn. Finished the main game (it's hard not to finish, since it's impossible to die). Now I'm trying to collect all the treasures and finish the side quests, many of which are surprisingly difficult...
A vegan atheist walks into a bar. Bartender says "Hey, are you a vegan atheist? Just kidding, you've mentioned it like eight times already."
Spartan_117
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Halo Reach

I've decided my favorite level in the series that is not in Halo CE is Nightfall. It feels like Truth and Reconciliation without feeling too similar.
Wolfgang
Gamer
Gamer
Xenosaga Episode 2

And I'm starting to recall some of the issues I had with the game. More major issues than just the change in style and horrible changes in voice acting. The combat system is horribly broken. Certain character's get a huge advantage over others, and while not a huge issue in a single player game, you're just making it harder on yourself if you don't use the more effective characters. In particular the one who seems to be the main character (kind of hard to tell) they made into the absolute worst combatant. They also made the horrible decision to make healing items (and spells) only have a chance of working. So you have to waste several turns trying to heal poison, rather than just one.
"Love is immortal... Too bad you aren't." Magoichi Saika (Samurai Warriors 2)
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
DDO.

Which was fun. I found a stupid long quest...I played perhaps an hour, to an hour and a half and didna finish it...it's a quest where you get a quest, where you get a quest. I also finished an annoying one that required killing 200 kobolds at once.

Fun times. Ranked up, and almost ranked up again...I got about 4000 off the long one, and I'm not even finished. XD

Not to mention I found a sword likened to Cloud's Buster sword that does massive damage. And earned another 100 or so platinum coins.
Pheonix
Forum Moderator
Rockband 3.

My guitar magically started working again. Dead End Friends is super fun...
OI! I have a Tumblr. You could follow it if you want,

New member? Want to get those first 15 posts? This should help.
Spartan_117
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Gears of War 2

Online runs sooo much better since they added dedicated servers.