Weight Loss Motivation

Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
vertigoat
Noob
Noob

Weight Loss Motivation

Postby vertigoat » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:09 am

Hey Christians,

I have a problem where I just can't seem to stay motivated to lose weight. Everyone in my family has weighed +300 pounds for as long as I can remember. I weigh 423 pounds. I feel like I always see photos of fit people and I just want to be like them without making the effort. I feel like this is god punishing me - I feel like I'm not strong enough. Do you guys have any advice to help get me motivated?

ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!

Re: Weight Loss Motivation

Postby ccgr » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:51 am

Will pray for you. The best advice I can give is to log what you eat. If you stick to it, you'll hold yourself accountable and may skip eating that piece fo candy since it's not worth the hassle of logging it! :)

ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!

Re: Weight Loss Motivation

Postby ArcticFox » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:54 pm

Hey Christians,

I have a problem where I just can't seem to stay motivated to lose weight. Everyone in my family has weighed +300 pounds for as long as I can remember. I weigh 423 pounds. I feel like I always see photos of fit people and I just want to be like them without making the effort. I feel like this is god punishing me - I feel like I'm not strong enough. Do you guys have any advice to help get me motivated?
God isn't punishing you.

I know how you feel and have also struggled for a long time. The best approach to weight loss differs from person to person so I could tell you what's been working for me but it may or may not help you. What I can say is that your best friend here is education. Read everything you can find about how the human body manages calories (especially different types of calories. How you metabolize calories from sugars is very different from how you metabolize calories from fats or proteins). Learn all you can about how to manipulate your body's chemistry to achieve what your goals are.

Here are some suggestions to get you started, based on what I"ve found helpful. They may not help you, but at least you'll be on a path to findingyour own best solution:

- Read up on the Mono diet, and check out YouTube for videos by Pen Jilette. He was successful with it.
- Learn about Wim Hof and his methods for hacking the body to use latent brown fat through cold exposure
- Read up on insulin resistance to learn how your body works with calories from carbs

And keep us posted.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens

Return to “CCG Weight-loss Challenge”