Is any form of music an acceptable form a Worship?

This is the place for mature and civil discussions. Not for the faint of heart or weak in faith.
ZanySauce
Gamer
Gamer
I will not take place in this debate.
Blaze116
Noob
Noob
I believe any genre of music can be used for the glory of God. Though I may be ripped apart for it, yes. I listen to both christian metal and rap. I listen to it daily. My argument for it is simple. God can use anything for good. Some people claim all metal is satanic. I disagree. While i dont deny the existence of music used for evil, There is a massive outreach in music to people who need to hear the gospel and wont accept it except in the hard delivery of rap or rock. It is all in the lyric. I do not believe hard Christian music to be worldly simply because there are worldly non christian bands that exist. Jesus did not come for the healthy but the sick. He broke boundaries that appalled the highly religious and he interacted with sinners. Likewise i believe that Christian metal and rap, often frowned upon , is reaching out to people and breaking boundaries in a similar way. If you wish to test my opinion, check out

Hindsight- Wolves at the gate
Pieces- Red
Ill Keep On- NF
The Father's Bargain- Wolves at the gate
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
Music is an art form. Like any art form, it can be used to express both good and bad things. Like anything else, use your discretion and good judgment when choosing what kind of music to listen to.

Personally, I enjoy songs that may not necessarily have a spiritual message, but one can be found in them anyway. Take for example the song "Go the Distance" from Disney's Hercules, sung by Michael Bolton:
I have often dreamed of a far off place
Where a hero's welcome would be waiting for me
Where the crowds will cheer when they see my face
And a voice keeps saying, this is where I'm meant to be

I'll be there someday, I can go the distance
I will find my way if I can be strong
I know every mile, will be worth my while
When I go the distance, I'll be right where I belong

Down an unknown road to embrace my fate
Though that road may wander, it will lead me to you
And a thousand years would be worth the wait
It might take a lifetime but somehow I'll see it through

And I won't look back, I can go the distance
And I'll stay on track, no, I won't accept defeat
It's an uphill slope but I won't lose hope
'Til I go the distance, and my journey is complete

But to look beyond the glory is the hardest part
For a hero's strength is measured by his heart

Like a shooting star, I will go the distance
I will search the world, I will face its harms
I don't care how far, I can go the distance
'Til I find my hero's welcome, waiting in your arms

I will search the world, I will face its harms
'Til I find my hero's welcome, waiting in your arms
Now read the lyrics again, but imagine it's being sung by someone who has found Jesus and looks forward to being with Him in Heaven.

Let that sink in.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
Blaze116
Noob
Noob
Thats really cool. Been awhile since I watched Hercules but i totally see your point.
project312
Noob
Noob
I don't think we should just use any genre of music to praise God, since some of them do have bad qualities. A lot of the modern "Christian" music today is just made into the popular genres to fit into pop culture, and be more accepted by the world by being of the world.

Any form of worship is not necessarily acceptable worship. Does anyone remember the story of Aaron's sons when they tried offering some contemporary incense before the LORD. They were burned up and Aaron wasn't even allowed to mourn. I know that we have freedom in Christ if we are in the Spirit (then we are no longer under the law), but I think we should be careful how we use that freedom.

Take the example of binaural beats. Binaural beats occur when two frequencies are both played over each other, and it creates an auditory illusion; a imaginary third frequency. This seems like it can produce effects similar to being high. As Christians we should be sober.

Binaural beats seem to mainly be in electronic genres and possibly pop.