Pyramid in the center of the earth proof of extraterrestrials?

This is the place for mature and civil discussions. Not for the faint of heart or weak in faith.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
From the video: "You're looking at the exact center of the surface of Earth. How do I know that? Well it's real simple. All you have to do is take the longest Longitudinal line and the longest Latitudinal line, and what you'll find is there is something that is absolutely incredible that's right at the center of Earth's surface. Do you know what that is? It's right here..."

He's referring to the Great Pyramid at Giza in Egypt.

:facepalm:

There is no longest latitude line. They all run from the geographic North Pole at 90 degrees to the geographic South pole at 90 degrees and are all the same length. Furthermore, the longest longitude line is the Equator at 0 degrees which runs several hundred miles to the south of Egypt. When guys like this make videos like that I can't tell if they're being dishonest or if they just don't think about it.

Then he goes on to cite the typical logic that the extremely impressive precision of the structure prove conclusively that it's aliens, well, because basically human beings are too stupid to have been able to do it.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
Bruce_Campbell
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
...not to mention the fact that where the lines are located / how they are labelled is more or less arbitrary.
A vegan atheist walks into a bar. Bartender says "Hey, are you a vegan atheist? Just kidding, you've mentioned it like eight times already."
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Yep, that's a good point. It reminds me of one of these vids I saw a few months ago where a guy claimed to have intercepted a radio broadcast from another star system. His proof that the broadcast was from an intelligent source: It was an ASCII message in English.

For those unfamiliar, ASCII is the name of a standardized encoding used to represent various characters of text as numbers. For example, the letter 'A' is 65.

Soooo basically this alien race would not only have to be able to write a message in English, but also knows ASCII... I mean wow... ASCII is meant to be universal, but not THAT universal...
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens