How can we know there is a God?

This is the place for mature and civil discussions. Not for the faint of heart or weak in faith.
JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
Are you human?: Yes!
Hi Laz, long time no see! :)

Yeah, ccgr pretty much summed it up.

I understand what you're talking about Laz,
though when I first asked Arch if he would give me the tour via PM,
it was mainly because I didn't intend to answer or challenge anything, I wanted to know what it was that he didn't like, and look into it.
However if it was a public thread, I would feel responsible to give an answer to the things that Arch would point out.
Which would have really hindered the element of time and researching thoroughly, as I would feel pressed to post something.
It probably would have been rather inconvenient for everyone too. XD
Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

1 Corinthians 13; remember it always.
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
ccgr wrote:Faith (or lack thereof) has to be acquired on your own,, if it's not yours it's not genuine. While I like the openness of these forums, JOJ or I personally don't want to be responsible for people leaving their faith. In fact, we want to build people up and bring Christians together instead of tearing them or their faith apart. Can you blame us?

If a couple of questions would tear apart someone's faith, it wasn't really that strong to begin with, though. I mean, that's your whole point--to build them up to where they're stronger--but good feelings and whatnot are only useful to a point. At some point, Christians have to start asking themselves the tricky questions.
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
Sstavix
CCGR addict
ChickenSoup wrote:
ccgr wrote:Faith (or lack thereof) has to be acquired on your own,, if it's not yours it's not genuine. While I like the openness of these forums, JOJ or I personally don't want to be responsible for people leaving their faith. In fact, we want to build people up and bring Christians together instead of tearing them or their faith apart. Can you blame us?

If a couple of questions would tear apart someone's faith, it wasn't really that strong to begin with, though. I mean, that's your whole point--to build them up to where they're stronger--but good feelings and whatnot are only useful to a point. At some point, Christians have to start asking themselves the tricky questions.
Indeed! All Christians (and really, all people of faith) should expect to have their beliefs tested at least once in their life. It's pretty much a given - look at the trials of Job. He kind of set the precedence there. So it's good to be edified and educated in what you believe, and why.
JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
Haha, agreed and agreed.
A few words alone wouldn't tear apart someone's faith,
however I would hate to be a part of it.

I want to help people walk through the testing, (as little as my help would be.)
not add to it. There are more than enough other places and people that will bring about the testing.

I believe that's what ccgr was saying.
Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

1 Corinthians 13; remember it always.