ROA: Part 2. Among the Ashes of a New World.

Sstavix
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
Crimson / GM / Kratimos
Spoiler:
"I've been told that Underport is located beneath Agronon, and that the best way to it is by headed south from the crossroads in the great big cemetery where we met," he nods to Kratimos. "So by heading back the way we came, we should be able to find our way there."

He looks to Volstaid. "Unless there's a portal to the Underport that we may be able to use... is that a possibility?"
fathom123
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Kratimos/Winthrop/Crimson
Spoiler:
"I suppose the magi can form a rift that can take you where you would need to go. Underport, where would I be able to find this place?" He looks over to Crimson.
Jeremiah 20:9-But if I say, "I will not mention him or speak any more in his name," his word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot.
fathom123
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Guy/Livia
Spoiler:
Rhell goes into a deep trance. All three, Livia, Guy and Rhell are in a room sitting at a table. A light shines form above illuminating the table and all around is shadowed. There, Rhell shows Livia their journey as though she were there alongside Rhell and Guy.

((Dolley you my read Arctic's posts. Arctic, if Livia allows her mind to be scanned then you will be allowed to read hers))
Jeremiah 20:9-But if I say, "I will not mention him or speak any more in his name," his word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Kratimos/Winthrop/GM
Spoiler:
Not exactly knowing where she currently is, Crimson grabs a napkin and a pen and sketches out a map of the area and points out where the Underport lies. She hands over her map. I've seen my fair share of treasure maps so if you use my example that should get in the right spot.
DollFaceKilla
Are you human?: Not likely
Guy/GM
Spoiler:
Livia opens her mind to Rhell, timid but trusting Guy that Rhell won't damage her, and allows them to see her journey.
ROA: Livia

"A man who won't die for something is not fit to live." ~Martin Luther King Jr.
fathom123
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Kratimos/Crimson/Winthrop

Spoiler:
Volstaid replies to Crimson's crudely drawn map, "I believe that is the port of thieves, home of the priesthood of Olidammara. I am familiar with this place and I think our mages should be able to open a rift there if you wish." He smiles and takes a large bite of some kind of meat sitting on his plate.
fathom123
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Guy/Livia
Spoiler:
As Livia opens her mind to Rhel, the images of her past flow into focus starting form when the party is divided two years ago. Guy, in an instant understands exactly what has transpired.

((Arctic, feel free to read Dolly's posts))
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
GM/Crimson/Winthrop
Spoiler:
"Sounds good," Kratimos says as he straps on his armor and gear. He pulls Volstaid aside,
"How best do I return here? For Anna."
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Kratimos/GM/Winthrop
Spoiler:
That's the place Volstaid. A rift would be much appreciated, thank you again for your help and hospitality.
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
GM/Livia
Spoiler:
Guy shakes off the daze. So much to take in all at once, and he still has no idea how he got here.

Livia... do you know how I came to be here? I've only been awake for a few minutes.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
DollFaceKilla
Guy/GM
Spoiler:
I have no idea. I was about to walk away when all I could think of was you.... I think we have your friend Rhell there for that.

fathom123
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Crimson/Kratimos/Winthrop
Spoiler:
Volstaid whispers to the Hestic to his right. They rush out of the room and return shortly with a piece of paper which he quickly gives to Volstaid.

"My greatest of gifts to you sir. This is our most precious possession we can offer to you. We Hestic are very protective of our home and not easily trusting but you are messenger of the Stewards as we are so our trust is with you more than others. This," he hands the parchment to Kratimos, "This is a map with instructions to our home, please protect it with your lives for there are forces that would delight if they got their hands on it."

After this, the party finishes their meal and readies themselves to leave. Anna Loretta stays with the party as they make their way to the room where the seers are gathered before their mirrors.

"Find for these the right place for them to enter." After a moment, the mirror goes blurry and the image of Underport comes into view. The temple of the Wandering Rogue is clearly seen with their jester priests in front collecting their bounties (this their word for tithes and offerings, Winthrop is familiar with this) from pirates and rogues who worship the King of Laughter. The image blurs once again and a more derilicht district comes into view, then one building. The Temple of St Cuthbert. A rundown shack of a building located in the poorest of neighborhoods. Then quickly an image comes into view. A creature with tentacles hanging from it's face. Then the image of a man and a woman....Guy?! There, the image comes into focus and the party sees the creature with it's hand on the heads of Guy and Livia. All involved seem to be in come kind of trance. The priest of the temple is in the corner, cowering at the sight.

Crimson immediately notices the party and exclaims "There! They are our friends, bring us there quickly!"

Volstaid looks at the party. "That is no ordinary creature, it is a Illithid, a Mindflayer. A powerful psychic, are you sure..."

"Hurry, please!" Kratimos blurts out, without realizing he's saying the words. Powerful emotion fills him as he recalls the last time he saw Guy, those many years ago.

Volstaid summons his mages and the party makes their way into the summoning room.

"There's no time for lengthy goodbyes, we'll see you all soon. I'm sure of it!" Volstaid slaps Winthrop on his back.

The mages chant and a rift in reality forms, a bright light pours in. Kratimos draws his weapon and rushes through followed by Crimson and Winthrop.
Guy/Livia/Kratimos/Crimson/Winthrop
Spoiler:
A humming begins to fill the air. Guy and Livia come out of their trance when suddenly a rift in reality itself begins to form and out charges Kratimos. Sword and shield in hand, he rushes forward toward Rhell. The Lycan swings with brute force at the creature who goes immediately on guard forming a psychic barrier around itself, Guy, and Livia unsure of this present threat. Following Kratimos, Crimson charges into the room, crossbow at the ready and a new party member, unknown to the pair.

Rhell lifts his hand and with a massive force throws the lycan against the wall, knocking the wind from him.

**BY THE HAND OF THE STAR LORD, I WILL DIE BEFORE YOU HARM MY FRIENDS!** The creature screams in their minds.

((By the way, when you see ** before and after something, it means what is being said is said psychically and not audibly. A voice in your mind, not creating any actual sound. I hope you all don't mind, I took a bit of a creative approach to this to move things along a bit. If that's not cool, we'll work it out and make any amendments as necessary.))
Sstavix
CCGR addict
((Do we still need spoiler tags? Looks like we're all together... some of us for the first time.... :) ))
Spoiler:
"Someone call for a rescue?" bellows Winthrop. As they emerge from the portal, he brandishes his holy symbol and speaks soothing words and blesses everyone in the area.

Initiative roll (to see when the bless spell goes off. Incidentally, that will provide +1 to attack rolls and +1 to will saves vs. fear for the next five minutes).

[dice]0[/dice]
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Spoiler:
As happy as Crimson is to see her friends, it looks like the greetings will have to wait. She loads up her crossbow takes aim and fires.

Initiative

[dice]0[/dice]

Attack

[dice]1[/dice]
DollFaceKilla
Livia stands up unsure of why Kratimos and Crimson are charging into the room and ready to fight. She also has no idea who the man is with them but he seems to be part of their group.STOP! HE IS NOT THE ENEMY! yells Livia. Please, Kratimos, Crimson. Don't harm him.