ROA: Part 2. Among the Ashes of a New World.

DollFaceKilla
Are you human?: Not likely
Will you two stop it?! There are much greater things going on in this world than the rivalry between the two of you. Why would you have him kill an innocent to prove that he is not being controlled? Either you have a skewed sense of justice, Kratimos or you are just a jerk. I will not allow this priest to be killed to prove anything!
ROA: Livia

"A man who won't die for something is not fit to live." ~Martin Luther King Jr.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
"This is not about a rivalry," Kratimos did not take his eyes off Guy. "That priest is a servant of the illithid. No wonder you won't let him be killed."

Kratimos drew his sword and spoke very softly.
"If you won't, I'm going to do it myself."
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
DollFaceKilla
Are you human?: Not likely
Livia stands there dumbfounded. Will you listen to yourself? You barged in here with your weapon drawn. YOU have NO idea what happened before you rippled in here. Maybe you should get your facts straight, Wolf Boy, before you start killing people because you think you know what is going on. BACK OFF! I WILL NOT LET YOU HARM HIM! Livia moves in front of Kratimos to block his way. She draws her morning star, preparing to fight if needed. Harming innocents is not the answer to solving problems. Know what you are talking about before you commit an act of evil.
ROA: Livia

"A man who won't die for something is not fit to live." ~Martin Luther King Jr.
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
"I quite agree, friend," says Trip, smiling at the other half elf. He steps forward to stand next to her, also separating Kratimos from the priest. He looks at the fighter.

"We know who the enemy is - this undead king that has been making our lives miserable for the past few years. We should not be so ready to fight one another - or any potential allies - while a greater threat looms. In fact, our quest is likely to make for strange alliances."

He glances back at the mind flayer. "I could cast a spell, but I suspect I will discover that everyone here is still alive. For now, let's all assume that we have a common interest in focusing on the real danger to our world."

"Besides, I am convinced that this meek priest is, indeed, innocent. Or, at least, not evil."
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Guy's weapon is bared again.

"I will not murder. Least of all to satisfy your bloodlust."

((If Kratimos makes a move against the Priest, Guy will strike.))
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Paladins can sense evil correct? What do you sense Guy?
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Keeping his eyes locked on Kratimos, Guy opens himself, allowing his senses to reveal any evil around him...
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Kratimos smiled and resheathed his sword.

"Alright, that's good enough evidence for now." His shoulders relaxed and he let out a soft laugh. Comparatively soft."You're going to have to tell me the story about you and the flayer. For a Paladin, you do have a tendency to travel with monsters."
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Seeing the escalation disappear, Trip visibly relaxes. He smiles at the paladin. "I'm sure it is quite a story. I do like a good story. Perhaps we should take some time to talk and get to know each other better...."
fathom123
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
((Awesome RP everyone!))

The mindflayer lets his guard down and relaxes along with his human allies.

**I am Rhel, Lycan, Priest of the Star Father. Servant to the stars and the vast distance that looms in the realm above**

He places his right hand on his chest and offers a slight bow.

**The priest is an innocent man, and no servant of mine. Please, allow me to explain how we came to be in your midst.**

((Feel free to read through Guy's info to get an understanding of what has happened to him, this will be what Rhel explains to the party.))

The party, on edge but winding down, takes some time to catch up. The priest of St Cuthbert, relaxes along with everyone else after realizing his life is not in peril.

((Everyone advance to Level 6. Congratulations! Moving forward, I do want to take a different approach and award XP to each person individually based on your choices.))
Jeremiah 20:9-But if I say, "I will not mention him or speak any more in his name," his word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot.