Tales Around The Hearth

fathom123
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Are you human?: Yes!
New job?! What are you doing if you don't mind me asking?
Jeremiah 20:9-But if I say, "I will not mention him or speak any more in his name," his word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
I'm loving it and looking forward to coming adventures (and using my new sword, shield, and armor!).

Hope your back starts feeling better. If there's any way I could help, just ask. I'd be happy to get your family a pizza or something delivered if that could help simplify things for you guys.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
I landed a part time remote admin gig, the hours are good and I get a new laptop to play with and a reasonable boss.
fathom123
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Tim, you're a good man and I'm grateful for your kindness. My wife has been taking such good care of me and I don't know what I would do without that wonderful blessing from the Lord! She made me Eggs Benedict yesterday for breakfast and refers to me as her little cripple. I'm a lucky man.

CCGR-Sweet! Sounds like an awesome set up!
Jeremiah 20:9-But if I say, "I will not mention him or speak any more in his name," his word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Eggs Benedict, my my! Being taken care of by a good woman is a blessing words cannot describe, no?
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
I've read pages 1-7 on the back stories, will try to tackle the rest tomorrow.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Cool. I keep checking to see if you or Sstavix posted any updates :P
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

fathom123
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Wow, we're at 24 pages already...on part 2. On the other part we did 36. This game is 60 pages long so far! Pretty cool.

Remember everyone, you guys can only read each others story lines. Guy's (ArcticFox) and Livia's (DollFaceKiller) are still off limits and Arctic and Dolly shouldn't be reading anyone's unless they are united with the rest (assuming that happens?).
Sstavix
CCGR addict
ArchAngel wrote:Cool. I keep checking to see if you or Sstavix posted any updates :P
Life has been crazy here and there are a lot of pages to read. :P My son broke his arm - again (the right one this time), with tax returns in it's time to pay bills and other taxes, the pipes in the kitchen have backed up (I need to crawl under the house and see if anything is broken), work has suddenly picked up (especially with one person leaving and the new hire bailing the day before she is supposed to start)... and today my wife lost our debit card. Sigh.... I'm hoping to get more caught up tonight....

Oh, and I have been enjoying the game so far. Thanks for running it!
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Wow, I'm sorry to hear that! Didn't mean to put pressure on you, just expressing my excitement for the game.

Hope your son heals quickly and all the other fun stuff gets taken care of. If there is anything I can do to help, don't hesitate.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Never a dull moment at your house Sstavix? ;) Hope things settle down and I'll keep your family in my prayers
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Dull moments seem to be banned from the household. I just wish there were fewer of them that involved trips to the emergency room or crawling underneath the house.

Edit: I'm freezing and wet... but I'm happy to report that there are no broken pipes under the house! That means the clog is somewhere in the pipes, rather than some sort of mechanical failure. Time to buy an augur (better than the piece of junk I have) and get digging. Woo hoo, more tools!

Unfortunately, there's a lot of standing water under the house (hence the cold and wet aspects). I'll have to work on that later this summer... after things dry out a bit.

Brr....
fathom123
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
I'm thinking of creating my own cosmology which would include different "gods." I want to write stories based in my world and in doing so I want to cleave the D&D mythos from it. Any thoughts?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
I don't have issue with it. Let me know what deities are available, and I can retcon my character.

Hopefully I'll have an option of something easier than "Olidammara." I have to look that one up every time I have to spell it. :lol:
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
I love the idea. I'm in very much favor of a custom world, and what good mythology is without it's own compelling pantheon?
Pew Pew Pew. Science.