Refurbishing an old Land Raider

For any and all pen and paper RPG discussions and games.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
++++Begin Transmission++++

To: Crusade Marshal Fritz VonRichtofen of the XVI Crusade
Re: Land Raider Hull #98717512358721-A

My Lord Marshal,

As discussed in the meeting on the Strategium of the Gladius Imperator last week, we have completed our initial report on the repairs and upgrades to the Land Raider hull #98717512358721-A acquired as part of the capture of the Manufactorum on Coriolis V, along with our allies of the Blood Angels' 4th Company. (Please see the attached hololith.)

The damage was extensive, owing to the collapse of the ceiling in this section of the storage motor pool. In the attached hololith, you can see that we had already removed the doors from the sides and upper assault hatch. The lascannon sponsons sustained heavy damage and the sponson on the right side had lost the entire outboard unit. This particular hull is a MkIIIb Land Raider, and was being outfitted with the standard twin-linked lascannons on each side and the twin-linked heavy bolter on its turret. We understand that this hull may be converted to a Crusader pattern Land Raider and so we focused our attention on the main hull repairs and standard equipment, so that when a final decision is reached on this hull's final configuration we can install the appropriate parts as needed.

For now, we have installed new hatch doors and removed the weapon sponsons and turret. We have also added a communications dish, a hunter-killer missile launcher, a new cupola hatch at the forward position and icons to commemorate our glorious Chapter. (See the attached hololith below.)

All of these systems have been successfully tested and the Machine Spirit has accepted them. We have also verified that there is no scrap code in the Machine Spirit despite this hull originally being intended for use by the traitorous Thousand Sons. They had, in turn captured the hull from our allies the Dark Angels, and had not yet corrupted the original Machine Spirit.

We have applied a base coat of anti-corrosive black paint and are continuing repairs to the hull. (See attached hololith below.)

If it is your wish that the hull be upgraded to a Crusader pattern Land Raider, we will stand by for the necessary parts. Below is an inventory of the parts we would need:
  • Hurricane bolters (2)
    Twin-Linked Assault Cannon
    Multi-Melta
    Assault frag launchers (2)
If, instead, you would prefer that we restore this hull to its original MkIIIb configuration, we will begin immediately. We have already rebuilt the Twin-Linked Lascannon sponson units and the Twin-Linked Heavy Bolter unit is serviceable.

++++End Transmission++++
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
I love this. <3
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Hehe thanks. I'm leaning toward just repairing it as a base Land Raider and getting a separate Crusader. There's time now since the Apocalypse game I was gonna be in tomorrow is being postponed.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Nice. Can't have too many melta's, right?
ArcticFox
CCGR addict

My Lord Marshal,

Per your instructions I have proceeded to restore Land Raider hull #98717512358721-A to its original Mk IIIb configuration. I have proceeded to repair and test the weapons systems. Please see attached hololith. Both Twin-Linked Lascannon units are functional and ready for installation, as is the Twin-Linked Heavy Bolter.

I have also put in a requisition for a new searchlight, which I will install once it arrives.

++++End Transmission++++
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
broken image :(
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
ccgr wrote:broken image :(
Weird, it works for me...
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Me too. Maybe there was just a hiccup at that moment.
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
I can see it now, nice work!
ArcticFox
CCGR addict

My Lord Marshal,

It is our great pleasure to report that the repairs on Hull #98717512358721-A have been completed and the Land Raider - designated "Faith's Tempest" is now ready for battle and has been added to the inventory of the XVI Crusade. This vehicle will be assigned to Terminator Assault Squad 7 when it has been formally deployed.

As a standard Land Raider MkIIIb it is armed with Twin-Linked Lascannons on both sides, and a Twin-Linked Heavy Bolter on the turret. We also added a Hunter-Killer missile launcher at the top. The communications dish, smoke launchers and searchlight are all fully functional, and the machine spirit has accepted all of these systems and is eager to destroy the enemies of the XVI Crusade.

(Please see attached hololiths.)

Left Side View

Right Front Quarter View

For the Emperor!
++++End Transmission++++
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Wow. Nice work!
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Thanks!

As I use the tank in games, I will gradually add weathering, dirt, battle damage, etc. to it to represent its service in the XVI Crusade. It may look pristine and new now, but let's see how it does in its first trial by fire...
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
Wintercross
Looks great!

Kind of makes me want to stop slacking off and finish my land raider crusader lol
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Wintercross wrote:Looks great!
Thanks!
Wintercross wrote: Kind of makes me want to stop slacking off and finish my land raider crusader lol
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Awesome. ^_^