D&D or other Tabletop RPG characters

For any and all pen and paper RPG discussions and games.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
JozanBrinter
Noob
Noob
Lets hear about the awesome characters you guys have made for RPGs.
A lot of us DMs could use some inspiration for new NPCs or even new PCs.
Ideas for what to include: Descriptions of what they look like, maybe stats, backstory, quirks, flaws, cool items, or anything that makes them unique.
JozanBrinter
Noob
Noob
One of my favorite characters is a Cleric of Loki posing as a cleric of Odin, traveling the world and spreading mischief while pretending to be helping.
he wears white robes similar to the ones from assassins creed Black Flag, but far simpler, and carries a mace at his side. He has pure white hair even though he is only 28.

The thing that makes him a bit different from any other cleric is that he has a feat which allows him to use both positive and negative energy as he needs, healing and hurting at a whim. He fights by dancing through his opponents using Inflict wounds to destroy them, and healing his allies with channel energies.
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
Some of the most memorable characters from a campaign can be those developed by both the DM and the player. I remember one character I had created for the game I was running. She was a young girl named Penny, a stick-thin, blonde waif who was on the run from an evil cult in the city where the party was operating. She had a tragic backstory of abuse and neglect, and the reason why she turned to this cult was because of its emphasis on darkness and loss (Shar, for those familiar with the Forgotten Realms). However, after witnessing one ritual human sacrifice, she grew horrified and fled.

The agents of the evil cult were attempting to find her, and the party's role was to protect her. Now, the plan was to have this character get into the hearts of my players and become a beloved and trusted, adopted daughter of the group, only to have her brutally murdered by the evil cultists while the players were away.

This plan backfired terribly. :lol: The party proved to be entirely too successful at protecting her, and when they completed a side adventure which led to them gaining ownership of a small tavern in the wealthiest part of town, they turned the tavern over to Penny - and even repaired the two magical constructs that had been programmed to guard the tavern and its legitimate owner. (The players had to defeat them earlier, but given their wealth and connections, I ruled that such repairs were, indeed, possible.) So the evil cultists wouldn't have had a chance at all at slaughtering poor little Penny.

Eventually, she grew her financial and espionage contacts to such an extent (including offering a haven to some neutral dopplegangers operating in the city) that she effectively became the spymaster for the city. She became a significant source of information (e.g. adventure hooks) for my players, as well as a decent fence for some of the loot they obtained.

Waif girl done good! :wink:
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
I had a character once in high school named Vokos Warren, a 43rd Level Magic-User who managed to acquire a spell that no PC was ever meant to have... Phezult's Sleep of Ages, which was part of an adventure in the old 1st Edition Forgotten Realms boxed set. The spell essentially put everyone into a sort of suspended animation slumber within a certain radius of he object upon which the spell was cast- a jeweled bracelet. Vokos acquired this spell and cast it, storing the item in a Bag of Holding so that it wouldn't have an effect until he took it out. Then he brought it to his stronghold in a mountain and took out the bracelet. At his level, everyone within 2 miles was affected. Essentially he created a dead zone around his home as his primary defense. The bracelet remained in his home, mounted on a stand. He was immune, of course, being the caster.

...I need to convert this character to 5th Edition and use him in my campaign... :twisted:
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
That_Helpful_Guy
Saw this post and figured I might as well take a shot at it.

Crukas Darkeyes was a GMC (Game Master Character) in a game I started running then handed over to a player to run. He was a 1st-Level Gargoyle Spiritwalker in a homebrew system. Well, I talked with the GM pro tempore and wanted to switch characters and play a Dryad something or other. He agreed. The Dryad appeared and blasted Crukas with nature magic, turning him into a tree. Well, the Dryad died, leaving me with a sentient tree. Due to the nature of his abilities, Crukas was really powerful for a tree. He manifested himself to the party, so they had an invisible, incorporeal spellcaster who was trapped in a tree with part of his spirit on another plane. Of course, that was in the same campaign as that horrid NPC who could magically break the fourth wall and retcon things to keep from dying... Story for another time, methinks.