Grown. Men. Another ArcticFox rant

For any and all pen and paper RPG discussions and games.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
No I just came up with the idea this morning... But maybe I will.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
And the results...

Some of the guys have made peace. One guy has decided he's too good to game with the group, and another guy has become obsessive over the collapse of the campaign and, even though the dust has settled and things have calmed down, he wants to revisit the whole thing.

Was my approach successful? Yes, and no.

No, in the sense that I feel like there were still some issues that didn't get aired out, and the focus centered on the louder drama.

Yes, in the sense that everybody has, for the most part, laid their cards on the table. For better or worse, things are out there and people are reacting according to their personalities. The majority of the group is fine, and looking forward to the next campaign. Those who aren't fine... well they never were going to be so at least that's out there now, and the expectations can be put to rest.

For my part, I've learned that sometimes trying to be a mediator for everybody only makes things worse, because it's just another form of trying to please everybody. That, as most of us have learned, isn't possible. By forcing the issue I extracted myself from being in the middle of all the griping and whining and my own stress level has decreased. One or two guys still have a badly skewered understanding of what's going on, but I've learned that it's not a problem I should be worrying about fixing. They are, after all, grown men and will either figure it out on their own or they won't.

In the meantime, this nonsense won't be gumming up the fun anymore, so overall yes, I'm glad I did it.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Glad it's all in the open now and mostly successful