The Blood in the Badlands Campaign

For any and all pen and paper RPG discussions and games.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
I mentioned a couple of times in other threads that my friends and I were doing a big Warhammer Fantasy Battles campaign. In it, I played my Bretonnians. The campaign went on - literally - for a couple of years but at last we completed it on the 1st of January.

Only now have I recovered enough to tell the tale.

The badlands were fought over for the sake of obtaining possession of a magical flying fortress, filled with relics of immense magical power and value. All the nations of the Old World wanted to possess it, and so the campaign reached its climax at the very gates of the fortress.

Because I had controlled the largest territory in the Badlands, I got to start the game in possession of the fortress.

To win, I had to possess it at the end of the game.

The Enemies of Bretonnia were many. There were Wood Elves

Dark Elves,

Warriors of Chaos,

And the Empire (Not pictured.)

The battle raged on for hours. The Wood Elves struck hard at the Southern wall of the Bretonnian fortress. A Bretonnian dragon flew out to meet them but was struck down by the elite Asrai warriors. The Dark Elves advanced slowly, clashing with Warriors of Chaos to the North and East even as the Empire struck the Warriors of Chaos in their left flank. Bretonnian magic lashed out as best it could against the superior magical abilities of the enemy.

The Warriors of Chaos reached the walls first, and their general met Lord Guy deLyonesse in personal combat. Lord Guy was slain, falling bravely in defense of his King and Country. The Grail Knights rallied and denied the Chaos forces possession of the north tower. The Wood Elves pressed hard, the Dark Elves pressed harder, and began breaching the southern walls and towers. Murderous bolt thrower fire slew many brave knights in the southeast tower and Bretonnian lives ended in breathtaking numbers, yet the Banner of Bretonnia still flew over the fortress 4 hours into the game.

The Wood Elves and Dark Elves began attacking each other, fighting for one of the towers ad Bretonna threw its full weight of numbers against the Warriors of Chaos, desperately holding them back. Eventually, the Dark Elves gained the upper hand over their Woodland cousins and held the southeastern tower, and took their turn to strike the northern tower to consolidate their hold and end the battle victorious.

But Bretonnia wasn't finished yet. Peasant Men-at-arms flooded the tower and died in ghastly numbers as they struggled against the elite Dark Elf Black Guard to stop them from gaining the tower battlements.

Chaos. Fury. Death. It was a massive charnel house of close combat fighting.

Until at last, the battle was over. The fortress grew quiet...

And the Banner of Bretonnia flew proudly over its ramparts.

Guy deLyonesse was slain in the battle, and his son, a D&D character in our online D&D game run by Fathom has not yet heard, but already Lord Guy is hailed as the Guardian of Bretonnia and his sister, Repanse deLyonesse, holds the house of Lyonesse in trust until Guy the Younger can return home and reclaim it.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Bada**. That needs a soundtrack to it.
Might I select from my private reserve, a Dune vintage?

I love the tie-ins you did to Fathom's game.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great music selection! Was funny listening to it as I was getting kneaded by my cat.
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Excellent choice of music, I must say. Small world though: In my head, the music playing during the battle was Inama Nushif, from the same soundtrack:

... because this music is sad, a little desperate, and soul-crushingly beautiful... and is the perfect soundtrack to a titanic battle.

... and since I can't really brag about it in front of the other players (I don't want to be a jerk) I'll just do this:

BRETONNIA VICTA
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Good music, the video reminds me how glad I am to be done having kids ;)
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Another great one from that soundtrack. :)
(Man, Dune is such a great story.)

Bretonnia Victa!
May the honor of the son surpass that of the father.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Epic! XD

That just sounds like the most fun ever.