Roll20

For any and all pen and paper RPG discussions and games.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
IBJamon wrote:I'm a Human mage
My bad. Fixed, and I'll be sure to picture him a lot taller now.
DallenMalna wrote:Well how about after I watch this upcoming game and have a (slightly) better idea of how it works Ill make a character as best I can and have ya'll help me polish out the flaws....does that sound good?
Whatever you feel comfortable with. We can also help you get started on filling out the char sheet.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
DallenMalna
Are you human?: Yes!
That sounds fine...How would I go about that I cant seem to find the correct sheet on role 20....and based on your sheets ill need help to figure it out.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Most of us use http://www.myth-weavers.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; to host the character sheets. Their 2.0e sheet isn't as good as the 3.5, but it's a convenient place to store various char sheets online. Most of us use it for both the 3.5 campaign on the forums as well as the 2.0 campaign on roll20.net.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

DallenMalna
I've been at this for hours now...How in the name of Captain Falcon do you edit the dang sheet? I can't even access it.

Edit: Ooookay I figured it out never mind...
DallenMalna
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.p ... tid=712220" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What I have so far. Ummm basically he's not especially strong but he's smart. He uses terrain and happenstance to cover up his weaknesses, I don't see him being especially skilled with any particular weapon but rather hangs back and picks off stragglers, to be honest he'd be a bit more useful in social situations or as a strategist (or whatever) than direct combat, but he's pretty nimble if it ever comes down to that. He dislikes killing even animals and monsters but will if he has to. And then he will do so without remorse, at least initially. A bit out of tune with the rest of the world since he has been imprisoned most of his life, but he quickly adapts to any given situation monitoring all the people to see how he can play it to his and his friends favor.

Also I don't know if rouge/mage is an actual class but basically I see him knowing a few spells that are not for direct combat but could turn a situation in his favor. But if that's impossible I'll think of something else.
Also I feel I should explain that he didn't do anything to be put in this prison, he has no clue why he was there, only that he has been since as long as he can remember, he thinks it may have to do with his parents, like he's paying off a blood debt. But this may be the work of an over active mind trapped in isolation and is based little more than the whispering of guards. Some of whom he befriended during his "stay". These were the ones he was sure not to kill on his way out.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
I'm pretty sure multi-classing is acceptable for 2.0, but I believe it comes at an experience cost. Otherwise, you might want to consider a bard. The class is a bit of a jack of all trades.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

DallenMalna
But he doth not sing...
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Bards don't always have to be singers - especially if you take a woodwind or brass instrument. ;) But in my campaigns, I've generally allowed bards to be entertainers of all sorts, including storytellers, street magicians and jugglers.

However, this isn't my campaign. I'll let ArcticFox make the determination on that. :wink: But if I recall correctly, half elves can multiclass as a rogue / mage, but at a cost of either experience, or a maximum level of one (or both) of the classes.
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Sstavix is right about bards. They're entertainers, and sort of the means by which stories are told, legends passed down, etc. Think of a Gleeman from the Wheel of Time if you've ever read those.

I would strongly discourage a new player from multi-classing. Having to learn 2 character classes at once while managing the rules for how to do, while also learning the game system AND any special rules associated with being a half-elf is taking on an awful lot at the beginning.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
DallenMalna
I'm sorry I didn't know i was picking such complicated things...A Bard sounds good if he could be a story teller, he is kinda dramatic so it makes sense.Are half elves complicated as well?
Last edited by DallenMalna on Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Not really. They have a couple of special abilities but nothing too exotic.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
DallenMalna
So are yall still on the 28th? what time?
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
We typically start at 9:30 Eastern. The only potential snag this time is that my mom is in the hospital and, depending on when she gets out, it may affect my availability. I will keep everyone posted.
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
DallenMalna
Absolutly.. I might be a little late myself but as a spectator that hardly matters in the grand scheme
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Yeah, all things considered, I don't know if I'll be able to make it. I hope the best for your mother.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.