Shell we get this puppy started?

For any and all pen and paper RPG discussions and games.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
fathom123
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Are you human?: Yes!
Deepfreeze32 wrote:
ccgr wrote:DF32 - you have to fill in the ()'s for craft and profession
I thought about that, but I'm not sure if I'd even use that skill so I left it blank.
You did put a rank into profession. If you want, you can reassign that skill point before you start if you didn't intend to do that.
Jeremiah 20:9-But if I say, "I will not mention him or speak any more in his name," his word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
reassigned, thanks
fathom123
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
ccgr wrote:reassigned, thanks

If you want profession [bounty hunter] you're more than welcome to take it. I wrote the previous posts to clear up any confusion that DF32 may have about his sheet specifically.
Jeremiah 20:9-But if I say, "I will not mention him or speak any more in his name," his word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
ooops undid it
Truthseeker
Gamer
Gamer
I saw the post saying the game is closed to new players. I'd just like to express my interest should a vacancy emerge or should Fathom reconsider the player limit.
Brokan Mok

O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek . . . to be understood, as to understand.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
I'm not opposed to "meeting" a new character some ways down our journey.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
agreed
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
Me neither, though I get a sinking feeling my character will meet an untimely end, seeing as he has practically no strength. XD
fathom123
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
So far there are 5 players. I'm trying not to get myself spread too thin as a GM. I really want to create an epic tale that involves the individual story lines of all the players involved. With that said, I can't take on anyone else at the moment or I will end up getting overwhelmed with the game content.

Let me review what my next couple of moves will be, then I will consider taking on new players.

Truthseeker, please make a character sheet. Give me an idea of what kind of character you want to play including back story and personality.

If I can fit him (or her) into the story, then I will take you on as well. It's just a matter of juggling all the details involved.

@DF32-Just stay out of melee and you will do fine. Clothies/rogues are not good direct confrontational types. Rogues are great, if the focus is on a tankish style of character, then they can flank and backstab all day. You just provide the artillery/support during an encounter and you will do amazing.

If this game really gets going, I may consider using facebook as a medium as well. If it's acceptable to all players involved, perhaps a live session via skype or other methods if you are interested.
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
I'd like to sound off as being intensely opposed to using Facebook in any capacity related to this endeavor.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Aww, come on. I'll add you as a friend. I post these very inspirational pictures with bumper sticker philosophy and notices for changes to facebook policy on my statuses, so I think you'd totally like to see what I have to say.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

Truthseeker
Gamer
Gamer
Thanks for giving me the chance to show you what I had in mind. I created a character based on the "druidic avenger" variant that d20srd.org has under variant rules for classes. Its pretty straightforward and in my opinion simplifies things because he doesn't get an animal companion.

The backstory is in the other notes section. I tried to fit it in a little bit with what I've read from the game thread. I'm willing to change anything to make it fit in with the story.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.p ... tid=418384
Brokan Mok

O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek . . . to be understood, as to understand.
fathom123
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Cool,

TS I think you will be fine to join in when the party begins it's quest in the woods. You can be one of the branded if you choose (this will give you a tie to the main story line) though you may pass and operate as a companion to the party (which means you have your own thing going on not tied to the branded quest line).

Is it just me or do we have a bunch of loaners in the party all working and operating together? We have three chaotic neutural individuals, one lawful neutural and two lawful good.

Well, let's all get along and have fun.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
I'm chaotic good, didn't consider myself a loner, just shy.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Yeah, we're loners now. But like the avengers, when someone dies, we'll come together. (and Arctic and I have Ironman and Captain America covered)

Also, are Variant rules allowed in the campaign? I stayed clear of them, but never bothered to ask.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.