Wargame Miniatures

For any and all pen and paper RPG discussions and games.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Salamanders are my chapter of choice. ^_^ I don't have a 40K army (Warmachine), but I've been giving serious thought to jumping into 40K and getting some Salamanders.
kiujazi
Vulkan Lives brother.

I never played Warmachine, but a friend of mine did before putting all his stuff on ebay. How does it compare to other table top games?

I wish that Games Workshop would release some Salamander specific models like they have other chapters, but I doubt they will. But yeah Salamanders are super fun to run and their color scheme is so nice looking. Thankfully ebay usually has plenty of space marines up at good prices.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Oddly, I've never played it. I have around 250 points of models (which is a lot for Warmachine; the normal sized game is 75) painted and ready, but I've never found a game. Currently, it is simply a nice collection. XD
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
kiujazi wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:44 pm I wish that Games Workshop would release some Salamander specific models like they have other chapters, but I doubt they will. But yeah Salamanders are super fun to run and their color scheme is so nice looking. Thankfully ebay usually has plenty of space marines up at good prices.

Forge World is your answer, my friend.

Plenty of models and upgrade bits for Salamanders, good for 30k as well as 40k.

There's also a mini of Vulkan himself 8)
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
kiujazi
ArcticFox wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:09 pm nders"]Forge World is your answer, my friend.[/url]

Plenty of models and upgrade bits for Salamanders, good for 30k as well as 40k.

There's also a mini of Vulkan himself 8)
-cries, pulls out wallet-

Man the fact that their Vulkan looks so much better than the GW one is ridiculous. The prices are actually really good as well.

WHAT BIZARRO WORLD DID I ENTER!?
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
kiujazi wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:14 pm -cries, pulls out wallet-

Man the fact that their Vulkan looks so much better than the GW one is ridiculous. The prices are actually really good as well.

WHAT BIZARRO WORLD DID I ENTER!?
Lately GW really seems to be making an effort to be more consumer friendly. I've bought a few FW items over the years for my Black Templars and I like it. With things being more reasonably priced I may have to do more.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
So.

For Christmas I received a small Tyranid force for Warhammer 40K. No painting is done yet, but so far I've managed to glue my Trygon's body on upside down...

...with plastic glue...

...inside of a ball and socket joint. Which is basically irrevocable without fire or blade. :P Which has lead me to not only building my first large 40K monster model, but doing my first conversion all in one go. XD An unexpected side effect of assembling a model whilst fueled by the heady brew of exhaustion combined with excitement.

In essentia, the butt plate which is now the neck plate (reserve your comments, please) would not fit properly with the head plate. So, after some thinking and bouncing ideas off my mom, I sculpted a longer neck for it out of modeling epoxy and braced it with some spare sprue.

Can't figure out how to embed a Google drive photo. So here's the link.

A little fidgeting with a paintbrush for a vaguely similar skeletal pattern, and voila. In all honesty...I would not have attempted it intentionally. But now that it's done, I'm rather pleased with it. It's definitely my model now...

You can also see where I've magnetized the arms, so I can field it as a Trygon/Trygon Prime or a Mawloc. You can't see the magnets under the tail that will affix it to the base (as I cannot seem to base without smearing the basing material all over my carefully painted model), nor the ones that hold the differing jaws on. (you can see the tail piece, which is also magnetized.)

On the whole, I'm thrilled. It's ready for painting, but I'm assembling my Genestealers so I can prime them all in one go (and so I can test my spray primer on a genestealer before potentially ruining my Trygon. :O).
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Noooooice dude! Good work finding an out-of-the-box solution!

Looking forward to seeing more of your new army!
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Thank you. ^_^

I'm assembling the last four genestealers tonight, so I'm hoping to begin painting them in the next couple of days. The weekend at the latest, if all goes according to plan.

Didn't end up going with the flourescent paint, mostly due to costs. I found some pearlescent stuff from Testors Acrylic that I'm going to try, so I can give them a more insectoid shell.

I just realized I have to find some 25mm bases to fix my Spacehulk Genestealers for tabletop, though. -_-
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Too bad you don't live nearby. I have a bucketload of 'em.
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Neat! Can't wait to see the final product!
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
ArcticFox wrote: Too bad you don't live nearby. I have a bucketload of 'em.
I think I'ma fudge it. Somewhere around my house I have an acrylic rod, which I think is around an inch in diameter. If it isn't less than 25mm (and if I can find it) I'll just cut some rounds and call it done. :D Otherwise, Amazon isn't bad.
ccgr wrote:Neat! Can't wait to see the final product!
I'm excited about painting these. ^_^ I hope they look as good in reality as they do in my head.
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
So I guess this is a good place for it...

When my wife and I got sealed this Spring, I wanted to give her a gift that had a lot of meaning, so I built/painted this for her:

That took me about a year.
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
THAT IS AWESOME. Nice job!
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Thanks!
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens