Wargame Miniatures

For any and all pen and paper RPG discussions and games.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
Yeah then you really COULD do the Battle of Trafalgar!
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
Thamerwaste
Noob
Noob
ArcticFox wrote:Yeah then you really COULD do the Battle of Trafalgar!

First I need to win the lottery. :lol:

Expensive hobby indeed.

I should try making my own miniatures. Since I generally have no-one to play with, it would be more for diorama purposes anyway.
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
When it comes to cost, eBay is your friend there. I like to buy old, used minis and refurbish them. It's more labor intensive, but if it's a hobby you enjoy anyway that isn't a problem.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
Thamerwaste
Noob
Noob
ArcticFox wrote:When it comes to cost, eBay is your friend there. I like to buy old, used minis and refurbish them. It's more labor intensive, but if it's a hobby you enjoy anyway that isn't a problem.

Not much in the way of things I'd want on the NZ equivalent of EBay, but there are some interesting things.
http://www.trademe.co.nz/gaming/war-gam ... 377986.htm

There are a few sets of items that look interesting for WW2 gaming, will have to keep an eye on the category.
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
I'd be very surprised if Battlefront corporate HQ doesn't have some sort of hosted events or tournaments. If it isn't too far away, you should consider looking into that. They may even do free demo games and such, like Games Workshop does.
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
Thamerwaste
Noob
Noob
ArcticFox wrote:I'd be very surprised if Battlefront corporate HQ doesn't have some sort of hosted events or tournaments. If it isn't too far away, you should consider looking into that. They may even do free demo games and such, like Games Workshop does.

It's pretty much the opposite end of the country. 600 miles roughly. So not going there any time soon...

The closest local club is many miles away too.
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Ouch... That bites.
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Haven't updated here in a while. Truthfully, I haven't finished a whole lot other than some quick unit building/painting for Kings of War. When those are ready for photographing I'll post.

In the meantime, here's a project I started after getting a copy of the Angel Giraldez book "Painting MIniatures from A to Z" which has some amazing stuff. I decided to try out some of what I learned on a Seraph model, which is a Pan Oceania TAG for Infinity. The model is about 3 1/2" tall and represents a remote operated warrior robot.

Front View:

Right Side:

Left Side:

This is the first time I've used my airbrush on an actual miniature. I think it turned out alright, and I feel very encouraged to keep at it.
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
The downside: Now it doesn't match the rest of my Infinity army... To repaint or not to repaint...
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Love it. ^_^ You did a great job highlighting with the airbrush! :O
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Wow! Nice work. It looks like a gundam.
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Thanks! I can't really take any credit for anything other than being able to follow directions, but I am very pleased at how it turned out. Giraldez is my Jedi Master now. :mrgreen:
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
kiujazi
[Obligatory "For the Emperor" and "Blood for the blood god"]

No for real though, I recently just got into a few table top games (I want to say...maybe November of '16.) The Marvel/DC Knights game, Warhammer Age of Sigmar and 40K.

Ended up running Space Marines (Salamanders at that) and Chaos for 40K , and Order of Death (along with Sigmarines) for Age of Sigmar.

Eventually my dice won't hate me though and my units will live for more than one turn.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Salamanders though, right? It's not a true victory for them unless all but one Marine dies in glorious battle. :D
kiujazi
Yeah man, seems a lot of people don't run Salamanders (or Marines in general) where I live so I figured it'd be something different enough.

That being said, with my rolls only one or two Salamanders end up living by the end of the game, and it's usually never my terminators. I like to keep my games canon with the 40K lore.