Wargame Miniatures

For any and all pen and paper RPG discussions and games.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
I like the older model better though. It looks more tanky, I think.

Either way, I like it, and the paint job is awesome. Black as its own color is tricky (at least for me), and you've done a great job. ^_^
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
Thank you!
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Just for fun I thought I'd share a pic of my Warhammer 40K bitz box. This is the accumulated spare parts and accessories from 27 years of playing 40K.

"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Dang. I'm jealous. XD

Can you guesstimate many models you think you could get out of that?
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
I dunno... The bottom compartment holds the mostly complete leftover models so I could probably wring a couple dozen out of that. The problem I run into is not having quite enough of any one type to make a complete unit. For instance, I'd like to put together another close combat Crusader squad but I only have 5 or 6 chainsword arms... so I'd need a couple more depending on what other weapon options I put in that unit, like a power fist or meltagun.
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Still cool. ^_^ You could always say the missing appendages were battle damage. >_>

Keeping track of stuff would be an issue though. XD I know you can buy bitz, but is there a way you could buy the specific ones you need?

I wish my Warmachine stuff came with extra bits. I guess it doesn't make sense though, since you can't change weapons.
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
There are a few small companies out on the Web that sell bitz, like Bits and Kits or Bitzbox.

You can also find them on eBay pretty often.
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
So I painted up a Tactical Squad of Dark Angels.

I'm not keeping them, but I painted them to sell on eBay. Here's a link if anyone's interested.

This squad represents the 3rs Tactical Squad, 6th Company of the Dark Angels Chapter.

10% of what I make in my eBay sales goes to a local Christian run pregnancy center.
Last edited by ArcticFox on Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Nice! Those look amazing! I love the forest green.
Wintercross
Heh, the old shoulder mounted Las-cannons, looks great.
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
If you're talking about the Dark Angels squad, that's actually a missile launcher :wink:
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
So I've been upgrading and mechanizing my Black Templars to prepare for a VERY large 40K game coming up in a couple of weeks, and I want to be able to field 5,000 points.

Not all of my units are ready to go, so I've been upgrading the paint job and adding equipment. Trying to do all of this on a budget and, since I think it's fun, I like to take used models and rehabilitate them. In this case, I have a Tactical Squad that was once a Crusader Squad and the very first Black Templars unit I ever painted, back in 2006 or so. I needed a transport for them, so I acquired this Rhino on eBay:

The extra Space Marines I gave to my daughter, who is now working on her own Ultramarines army :D

Then I repainted the Rhino, added some details and parts, then updated the paint scheme and bases on the old unit. Now, they're Black Templars Tactical Squad II of the XVI Crusade.

—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Looking sharp! Still envy your skills on working with such tiny figures!
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Thanks!

All you need is a fine tip brush, some good glasses and a decent light. :D
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
ArcticFox wrote:Thanks!

All you need is a fine tip brush, some good glasses and a decent light. :D
I have all those things...my models still look bad. -_-

That said, great work! ^_^ They look awesome. And dang, 5k? That's going to be huge. XD