Minecraft 1.13 Update News/Snapshots

All Minecraft posts go here

What do you think of the Aquatic Update aka 1.13?

It's wonderful!
50%
It's pretty good.
25%
It's ok.
No votes
I don't like it that much.
No votes
I really don't like it.
No votes
Where's that village update?
25%

Total votes: 8

uss defiant
Noob
Noob

Re: Minecraft 1.13 Update News/Snapshots

Postby uss defiant » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:53 pm

im excited to see it, our current server has not updated yet, i have made an under ground glass house , waiting in excitement he he

JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin
Are you human?: Yes!

Postby JesusIsLord713 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:46 pm

That's awesome USS! Your surroundings will get a lot better when the update comes out. :D Unfortunately I think just new ocean chunks generated in 1.14 will actually contain the new ocean features. Current already loaded chunks will stay the same. Though maybe I'm wrong and it will automatically generate the new ocean content where your underwater house is.

Anyway Minecraft wiki now has the contents of the chests in shipwrecks, so I'm going to share them with you.

There are three different tiers of chests in shipwrecks, each one containing different types of loot.

The first type, called supply chests, contain these items:

Paper, in stacks of 1-12. 57.4% chance to show up.
Wheat, in stacks of 8-21. 52.3% chance to show up.
Carrot, in stacks of 4-8. 52.3% chance to show up.
Poisonous potato, in stacks of 2-6. 52.3% chance to show up.
Regular potato, in stacks of 2-6. 52.3% chance to show up.
Coal, in stacks of 2-8. 46.7% chance to show up.
Rotten flesh, in stacks of 5-24. 40.6% chance to show up.
Gunpowder, in stacks of 1-5. 26.4% chance to show up.
All 4 pieces of leather armor come in stacks of 1 and have a 26.4% chance to show up. All 4 pieces of armor are enchanted as well. All enchantments are equally probable, and any level of the enchantment is equally probable.
Pumpkin (note that in 1.14 there is now an uncarved and carved version of the pumpkin. This is the uncarved version of the pumpkin), in stacks of 1-3. 18.4% chance to show up.
TNT, in stacks of 1-2. 9.6% chance to show up.

Another type of chest is the map chest, its contents are:

Buried treasure map, in stacks of 1. Guaranteed to show up (100%). This map is very similar to ocean monument and woodland mansion treasure maps, as it leads you to buried treasure.
Paper, in stacks of 1-10. 89.4% chance to show up.
Feather, in stacks of 1-5. 60% chance to show up.
Book, in stacks of 1-5. 34.5% chance to show up.
Compass, in stacks of 1. 7.7% chance to show up.
Empty map, in stacks of 1. 7.7% chance to show up.

Now the last type of chest is the treasure chest. This type of chest contains the rarest materials.

Iron ingot, in stacks of 1-5. 98.4% chance to show up.
Iron nugget, in stacks of 1-10. 96.8% chance to show up.
Emerald, in stacks of 1-5. 75.2% chance to show up.
Lapis Lazuli, in stacks of 1-10. 63.5% chance to show up.
Gold nugget, in stacks of 1-10. 37.3% chance to show up.
Gold ingot, in stacks of 1-5. 26.7% chance to show up.
Bottle o' enchanting, in stacks of 1. 14.1% chance to show up.
Diamond, in stacks of 1. 14.1% chance to show up.

That's it for shipwrecks! The chest contents are alright in my opinion and are good if you need to stock up on various materials. Also Minecraft wiki has posted the percentage chances of buried treasure items so I'll make another post later saying what the percentage chances are in buried treasure.
I love playing Mario games! :D :D :D :D :D They are so awesome!!!

1.12 is here!

A former admin of Prism!!!

JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin

Postby JesusIsLord713 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:51 am

Alright guys we finally have a couple new snapshots after a couple of weeks. So here we go! :D

In snapshot 18w14a, additions/changes include:

4 new advancements have been added. They are "Fishy Business", "Tactical fishing", "A Throwaway Joke", and "Very Very Frightening".

In order to get "Fishy Business" you have to catch a fish. Any type of fish will do but you have to catch it with a fishing rod.
To get "Tactical fishing" you have to catch a fish without using a fishing rod. So basically you have to kill a fish mob and get its drops.
To get "A Throwaway Joke" (weird title by the way) you have to throw a trident at something. I'd imagine throwing it at a mob will get the job done but maybe throwing it at a block will work too.
To get "Very Very Frightening" you have to strike a villager with lightning. So you have to strike a villager with a trident enchanted with channeling in order for the villager to get struck by lightning. The villager will not die and turn into a witch instead when struck by lightning (villagers turning into witches by getting struck by lightning is not a new feature however). I don't know if summoning lightning with commands on a villager will also work or not.

A new item has been added. This item is called "Phantom Membrane" (that just sounds really gross...). Anyway as the title pretty much gives away this item is dropped by Phantoms upon death. They are actually used to repair Elytras. Phantom Membranes are also used to brew a new type of potion...

Potion of Slow Falling has been added! This item is brewed with Phantom Membrane and gives the player a new status effect known as "Slow Falling". This status effect will make the player fall much more slowly than usual. Also you won't take any fall damage upon landing. So basically you fall like a chicken now! Also since you don't fall nearly as fast you can cover a lot more distance in the air. Minecraft Wiki has an example of this where if your sprinting under the slow falling effect, you are able to cross over a gap of 5 1/2 blocks while you could normally only cover 4 blocks. A couple more details about the effect is that crops will not break if you land on them with the slow falling effect, no matter how many times you jump on them. Also if you force the effect to have higher levels through commands the rate of descent will not change. Of course the splash, lingering, and arrow versions of slow falling were added as well.

If you do F3 + C then the game will give you a warning before forcing a debug crash.

The Riptide enchantment is no longer compatible with Loyalty or Channeling.
Unfortunately if you are not in water and it is not raining you cannot throw tridents that are enchanted with riptide. However your still able to deal melee damage to mobs.
When it's raining or your in water, instead of throwing the trident, it will only launch you forward.
Players will now do a spinning animation while dashing.

Cloud rendering has been optimized.

New kelp textures have been added.

Elytras will now require phantom membrane to be repaired instead of leather.

Due to phantom membrane being added, Phantoms will no longer drop leather.

World generation rules for kelp and sea grass have changed.

Kelp cannot generate in warm oceans and sea grass can generate in rivers and swamps.

For snapshot 18w14b...

Sea pickles have been added! These plants can generate in warm oceans, especially around coral reefs. Up to 4 of them can be placed on one block. If they are placed underwater, every time you add a sea pickle onto a block it will emit a light level of 3. So if you have one sea pickle on a block it emits a light level of 3, 2 sea pickles for light level of 6, and so on. Lastly they can be smelted into lime dye.

Coral items now have specific names. I'm going to copy the list of the old and new names from Minecraft Wiki.

Coral is now called "coral block"
Dead coral is now called "dead coral block"
Coral plants are now called "coral"
"blue" coral is now called "tube" coral
"pink" coral is now called "brain" coral
"purple" coral is now called "bubble" coral
"red" coral is now called "fire" coral
"yellow" coral is now called "horn" coral

All coral fan textures, except for the fire coral fan texture, have been changed.

So yeah that's it for these 2 snapshots! Definitely interesting they are adding another potion effect, which I think will be quite useful in PVP battles that take place in mountain-like areas. Pretty unfortunate that the riptide enchantment is getting much more limited now.

1.12 is here!

JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin

Postby JesusIsLord713 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:03 pm

Next snapshot is here! :D 18w15a.

Two new blocks have been added. These blocks are blue ice and conduit.

Blue ice acts practically the exact same as packed ice. The only real differences is that blue ice spawns at the bottom of icebergs and that it can be crafted with 9 packed ice blocks.

Conduits are very interesting blocks. These blocks are activated by building a structure of prismarine, dark prismarine, or sea lanterns around it. When it's activated, the block will give all nearby players the conduit power status effect. (So basically we got a new status effect that is activated using the conduit block).

The conduit status effect is quite powerful. The conduit status effect will stop the breathe meter from running out, will give you better vision underwater, and it will increase your mining speed. So basically your combining water breathing, night vision, and haste all into one super status effect.

Icebergs can now spawn! As far as I know they can spawn in frozen oceans but I'll need to look more into it and what they look like.

Two new items have been added, and they are both used to craft a conduit block.

The first one is an item called "Heart of the sea" and currently there is no way to obtain it. Although in the Bedrock edition you are able to obtain it in buried treasure chests in stacks of 1.

The other item is nautilus shells. These items are able to be obtained via fishing and drowned will also occasionally spawn with the item. Regarding obtaining it through fishing the nautilus shell counts as a treasure item. So yay we finally can catch a new item from fishing!

In order to craft conduits you need to place a heart of the sea in the center of the crafting table and place nautilus shells all around it.

One new mob has been added, and we knew this mob was going to come ever since the update was announced...dolphins!

I imagine this mob is currently in its early stages so it's behavior will likely change quite a bit. As of this snapshot dolphins will spawn in any ocean that isn't frozen. They also normally swim in groups and will occasionally jump out of the water. They are neutral mobs, so don't attack them! Also when attacked they will call all other nearby dolphins to aid in attacking, just like wolves and zombie pigmen do. When you guys aren't trying to kill each other you can actually play with dolphins. If you throw an item into the water the dolphin will chase after it, pick it up, and drop it (I assume they bring the item back to you). If there is a boat out where dolphins are the dolphins will chase after the boat. When they are killed they will drop 0-1 cod. This can be increased with looting.

Water has a new texture. Also each ocean variant has differently colored water. Each water block will only block 1 light level, instead of 3 light levels. So oceans, lakes, and rivers will be slightly brighter! (Note this only affects newly placed water, though it will take affect for all water blocks at some point) Also frozen and warm oceans are less likely to generate near each other in newly generated chunks.

If you are swimming you can travel through 1 block holes. Also the transition between swimming and normal state is now smoother (thankfully, as it wasn't very smooth before). Lastly "sprinting at the surface of water no longer makes you swim, instead you stay at the same altitude constantly" (this came from Minecraft Wiki).

So yeah this is it for this snapshot. I wouldn't be surprised if one or two more snapshots showed up this week. For now enjoy the dolphins!

1.12 is here!

SimplyAmazing
Noob
Noob

Postby SimplyAmazing » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:29 pm

This looks amazing! I can't wait for the official release!

JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin

Postby JesusIsLord713 » Wed May 09, 2018 12:45 pm

Sorry guys I've been behind on snapshots lately. I'll be releasing info about the last 2 that have been released hopefully sometime this week. Also they have said that pre-releases are going to be starting soon so 1.13 isn't too far away from now!

1.12 is here!

JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin

Postby JesusIsLord713 » Wed May 16, 2018 1:21 pm

Sorry for the delay, just been tired and busy lately. Got some snapshots to share with you though!

We'll start with Snapshot 18w16a.

This snapshot added a brand new world type, called Buffet. Buffet worlds generate only a single biome, so this is a good world option if you want to try to survive in just one type of biome. There are two ways to generate these worlds. There is the normal overworld type, which spawns the biomes as they do in normal worlds (except of course they go on for infinity). There is also an end type, which generates the biome in a similar fashion to how the end islands beyond the main island in the end are generated.

Coral fans will now spawn naturally in coral reefs on the sides of coral blocks.

Blue ice is a little less slippery.

Coral blocks now require silk touch to drop itself. Otherwise it will drop as dead coral. Coral blocks will also no longer instantly die on land.

Drowned can now spawn in underwater ruins.

When water spreads and would later turn into a source block, it now immediately just places a source block.

Conduit Power particles (those little swirly things you see when you're under a potion effect) are now blue instead of orange.

Water breathing given from turtle shells no longer give off particles.

This next part is copied from Minecraft Wiki.

Optimized world spawn position–finding code.
New valid_spawn block tag for blocks that the player can spawn on.
There is now a distinction between scheduled "liquid ticks" and "block ticks".
New block and item tags for coral.
Changed how the temperature of ocean biomes is calculated; should result in nicer transitions between oceans.
Biome names are now translatable.
Updated some biome names:

Name ID Old name New name
minecraft:desert_hills DesertHills Desert Hills
minecraft:forest_hills ForestHills Forest Hills
minecraft:frozen_ocean FrozenOcean Frozen Ocean
minecraft:frozen_river FrozenRiver Frozen River
minecraft:hell Hell Nether
minecraft:jungle_edge JungleEdge Jungle Edge
minecraft:jungle_hills JungleHills Jungle Hills
minecraft:mesa_rock Mesa Plateau F Mesa Forest Plateau
minecraft:mushroom_island MushroomIsland Mushroom Island
minecraft:mushroom_island_shore MushroomIslandShore Mushroom Island Shore
minecraft:mutated_birch_forest Birch Forest M Mutated Birch Forest
minecraft:mutated_birch_forest_hills Birch Forest Hills M Mutated Birch Forest Hills
minecraft:mutated_desert Desert M Mutated Desert
minecraft:mutated_extreme_hills Extreme Hills M Mutated Extreme Hills
minecraft:mutated_extreme_hills_with_trees Extreme Hills+ M Mutated Extreme Hills+
minecraft:mutated_jungle Jungle M Mutated Jungle
minecraft:mutated_jungle_edge JungleEdge M Mutated Jungle Edge
minecraft:mutated_mesa_clear_rock Mesa Plateau M Mutated Mesa Plateau
minecraft:mutated_mesa_rock Mesa Plateau F M Mutated Mesa Forest Plateau
minecraft:mutated_redwood_taiga_hills Redwood Taiga Hills M Mutated Redwood Taiga Hills
minecraft:mutated_roofed_forest Roofed Forest M Mutated Roofed Forest
minecraft:mutated_savanna Savanna M Mutated Savanna
minecraft:mutated_savanna_rock Savanna Plateau M Mutated Savanna Plateau
minecraft:mutated_swampland Swampland M Mutated Swampland
minecraft:mutated_taiga Taiga M Mutated Taiga
minecraft:mutated_taiga_cold Cold Taiga M Mutated Cold Taiga
minecraft:taiga_hills TaigaHills Taiga Hills

So in the list "minecraft (biome name)" that is shown first is the name ID. Next the old biome name is shown, and lastly the new biome name is shown. We unfortunately have to learn some new biome names. :( Although thankfully some of them are the exact same as before but they just added a space in between the two words.

Next up, snapshot 18w19a.

A new effect has been added! It is called Dolphin's Grace. This effect is obtained by swimming near dolphins and it allows the player to swim faster in water. How much faster? I'm not really sure, I'll have to test it.

Some stuff with fluids that I don't really understand. However in this snapshot it cannot be interacted with directly.

A new buffet generation type was added, caves. It creates nether generation. I haven't played around with this yet so I'll have to see how this works.

A couple of blocks got new names. Sea Grass is now called Seagrass. Tall Sea Grass is now called Tall Seagrass. Their ID names were also changed accordingly. It's a weird change I think. Speaking of Sea Grass Sea Grass will now generate in underwater caves.

The texture for the turtle egg in your inventory was changed.

The phantom spawn egg texture has been updated to better reflect the actual phantom's new textures.

The heart of the sea can now generate in buried treasure chests (in stacks of 1 and it looks like it is guaranteed to appear).

Clownfish has now been renamed to Tropical Fish. It feels kinda sad that clownfish don't exist anymore, though I think its texture is still being used. Also Puffer Fish Bucket has now been renamed to Pufferfish Bucket. Lastly the Pufferfish itself has gotten renamed from Puffer Fish to Pufferfish. It's ID name has also been changed accordingly.

All undead mobs, excluding zombie horses, will now sink underwater. It's unknown if the wither will do this as well since it normally flies. Also skeleton horses are now rideable underwater, which I think is pretty neat! It also gives another reason to own skeleton horses.

Phantoms will now flap their wings smoother and faster, although for some reason it won't work in some snapshots. Phantoms will also now drop experience.

Parrots will now imitate phantoms and drowned.

If dolphins start drowning (as they can drown and suffocate, so they need a mixture of both water and air), then they will swim to the surface.

Some world generation stuff has been updated, and thus worlds in older snapshots will not work in this snapshot (although this got fixed in future snapshots).

The output from the /seed command can now be copied.

Now for some general stuff:

Improved the upgrade paths from old versions.
The credits list has been updated.
Experience orbs will now float in water instead of sinking in water (which I find to be a major convenience).
The "How Did We Get Here?" Advancement now includes the Conduit Power status effect as part of its list.
Some new sounds for conduits and beacons have been added.
The F3 menu now shows the biome ID rather than the name.
Lastly several biomes have had their names changed, some more than others. However the list is fairly long so I'll just give you the link to Minecraft Wiki if you want to check out all of the new biome names. https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/18w19a

I'll put the rest of the snapshots on the next post. 8) :)

1.12 is here!

JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin

Postby JesusIsLord713 » Wed May 16, 2018 1:35 pm

Next up, snapshot 18w19b.

This snapshot didn't have a lot stuff changed, although worlds opened before snapshot 18w16a can now be opened again. However 18w16a worlds are still unable to be opened.

A new sound event for husks has been added.

Snapshot 18w20a is the most recent snapshot as of this post.

Teams can now have a prefix and a suffix. There is a /team command but I don't really know how it works.

Players in creative mode can now sleep in beds even if there are monsters nearby.

All worlds created in older snapshots (including 18w16a) should be able to be opened again.

Many data/internal IDs have been changed.

Some block ID names have been changed.

Kelp_top is now kelp.
kelp is now kelp_plant
prismarine_bricks_slab is now prismarine_brick_slab.
prismarine_bricks_stairs is now prismarine_brick_stairs

Some blocks have had their name changed as well.

Weighted Pressure Plate (heavy) is now called Heavy Weighted Pressure Plate
Weighted Pressure Plate (light) is now called Light Weighted Pressure Plate.
Prismarine Bricks Slab is now called Prismarine Brick Slab.
Prismarine Bricks Stairs is now called Prismarine Brick Stairs.

Some item ID's have been changed too.

kelp_top and kelp had their names changed in the exact same way as the block ID ones were.
cod_mob_spawn_egg and salmon_mob_spawn_egg had "mob" removed from their names.

Several of the item's names have been changed.

Gold Horse Armor is now called Golden Horse Armor.
All of the chain armor has had their name changed from Chain (name of armor part) to Chainmail (name of armor part).
Milk is now called Milk Bucket.
Seeds is now called Wheat Seeds.
All of the spawn eggs have had their name changed from Spawn (name of mob) to (name of mob) Spawn Egg.

Lastly one entity name has changed. It is the lightning bolt.

The lightning bolt was previously called Bolt of Lightning. Although now it's just called Lightning Bolt.

So yeah that's all of the latest snapshots! Sorry I haven't kept up with this topic for the past month. Lots of name changes and some other general stuff as well. I'm looking forward to the update! How about you? Are you looking forward to the update?

1.12 is here!

JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin

Postby JesusIsLord713 » Wed May 16, 2018 8:38 pm

A new snapshot was released today, 18w20b.

This snapshot just did bug fixes, nothing else.

1.12 is here!

JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin

Postby JesusIsLord713 » Fri May 25, 2018 12:57 pm

Apparently I lied lol. :roll:

Snapshot 18w20b actually did have some stuff changed and added to it.

Some translations were added for potted plants, like "Potted Oak Sapling" or "Potted Cactus".

A new splash was added, which says "All rumors are true!" which, why Mojang...would you give us such false information?!?! *facepalm*

The conduit's eye will open or close depending on if its hunting for hostile mobs or not. It will open its eye if its looking for hostile mobs, it will close its eye when its not.

The ID name for melon was melon_block and has now been changed to melon.
The ID name for melon slice was melon and has now been changed to melon_slice.
Glistering Melon has had its actual name changed to Glistering Melon Slice. It's ID name was changed as well from speckled_melon to glistering_melon_slice.

Ender Crystal is now named End Crystal.
Block of TNT is now named Primed TNT.

That's it for snapshot 18w20b, let's move on to snapshot 18w20c.

Just bug fixes in snapshot 18w20c, nothing else. (And I'm fairly sure this is correct this time!)

Snapshot 18w21a has...

Some NBT tags have been added to dolphins.

Apparently there is a new option that might get added into the game, but I think it's just in the options.txt folder or something and can't be accessed right now. It would be mouseWheelSensitivity. As the name clearly states, this option would change how sensitive the mouse wheel is in-game. This would default to 1.0, and I don't know how much higher or lower it can go.

Dolphins can now lead players to treasure. If they are fed raw cod (it is called raw fish in 1.12 and older), then they will swim to the nearest shipwreck or underwater ruins.

Mob yaw (left-right) head movement is now smooth. So I'm assuming the animation for a mob moving its had left to right is now smoother?

The ench NBT tag is now called Enchantments, and it no longer has number IDs in each compound.

If you played the 1.13 snapshots and used enchantments, then you would have possibly noticed that the colored tooltip was gone and it was just a typical boring white color. Well now that is finally fixed in this snapshot, and on top of that multiple items that have never received colored tooltips now have colored tooltips. I will list each item that currently has a colored tooltip, even if the item already had a colored tooltip prior to 1.13.

Creeper, dragon, player, zombie, skeleton, and wither skeleton heads/skulls, along with dragon's breath, elytra, enchanted books, bottle o' enchanting, heart of the sea, nether star, and totem of undying have a yellow colored tooltip.

Beacon, conduit, enchanted items (excluding books), end crystal, golden apple, and music discs have a light blue colored tooltip.

Command block, chain command block, repeating command block, structure block, dragon egg, and enchanted golden apple have a pink colored tooltip.

Lastly the attack speed and attack damage in the tools' info are dark green.

The most recent snapshot is snapshot 18w21b.

A sound was added for when husks convert into zombies.

That's it for the latest snapshots! Sorry again for the lack of consistent updates. 1.13 will be here very soon (I imagine it will arrive sometime in June) and I'm looking forward to it! How about you guys? What do you guys think of the latest snapshots and the entire update in general?

1.12 is here!

JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin

Postby JesusIsLord713 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:02 pm

Alright guys. Let's talk about the snapshots that have came out between last week and this week so far.

Starting off with 18w22a.

This is a version exclusive feature, naturally generated leaves can now survive up to 6 blocks away from logs instead of 4 blocks. Also some block state and whatnot related to leaves decaying have been changed.

The tropical fish texture has been changed (although the before and after textures on Minecraft Wiki shows very little change to the texture).

The creamy horse's texture has changed too, along with the iron horse armor when it's equipped.

Some changes involving the turtle eggs and sea pickles have been made.

Players who would be inside their hitbox if one more is to be placed inside of the stack, then the placement will fail.

Now makes placement sounds when the amount in a stack is increased.

Can place more in a stack by aiming at adjacent blocks.

Right-clicking to place sea pickles and turtle eggs no longer animates the hand.

Sea pickles now require a supporting block.

Now for snapshot 18w22b.

Performance has been improved for animated textures.

As a version exclusive, bark blocks now follow identical placement rules to logs and other such blocks. The texture was changed later on (but not in this snapshot) to accomodate this.

Usernames tab-complete again in regular chat.

All command feedback messages are now translatable.

18w22c is next.

F3 debug overlay now shows the fluid you're looking at, separately from blocks. So it will now tell you whether your looking at water, lava, or nothing at all fluid-wise.

Tab completing coordinates will now complete each part separately.

Alright, time for the pre-releases!!!

Pre-release 1 for 1.13 has some changes to it.

For the first time in quite a while, the background of the title screen has changed. It now shows you being underwater and shows all the ocean-related content added in 1.13.

There are three brand new pieces of underwater music was added to Minecraft. They are all composed by C418 (who is known for creating the music for all the discs (well most of the discs contain actual music, 11 I'm looking at you) and even the main Minecraft music). The music tracks are titled Shuniji, Dragon Fish, and Axoloti. Lastly their ID for commands is music.under_water.

The player can now tab-complete in command blocks again.

Bark blocks gained new top and bottom textures (due to new placement rules as mentioned above).

New flapping sounds have been added for phantoms.

That's it so far. The update was actually supposed to come out on May 30 but it got delayed due to critical bugs. At this point I would expect the update to get released next week or the week after!

1.12 is here!

JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin

Postby JesusIsLord713 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:25 pm

Second pre-release is out!

Stripped bark blocks were added for all 6 types of wood. Stripped bark blocks are obtained by right clicking a bark block with an axe.

As a version exclusive for Java Edition, packed ice is finally craftable! All you need is 9 regular ice blocks and you will get one packed ice block.

The title screen has been optimized.

The bark block texture changes made in the first pre-release have been reverted. Bark blocks now look the same as they did prior to the first pre-release.

This next part is copied from Minecraft Wiki.

Items with a rarity value will have their hotbar tooltips, which are displayed when scrolling over them in the hotbar, displayed as their respective colors when highlighted, rather than just being white.

Zombie horses will now sink in water.

Lastly skeleton and zombie horses had their models updated due to their texture z-fighting. Z-fighting I believe is when two different textures that are assigned to the same z-plane or coordinate or something and are fighting to be shown. Thus the texture flicks between the two textures fairly often.

That's it for this pre-release! Who knows how many more are coming.

1.12 is here!

Sstavix
CCGR addict

Postby Sstavix » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:23 pm

Woo hoo, new music! I do like the tunes that they have in the game.

One thing that I've found odd is that many of these implemented changes have already occurred in the Pocket Edition. My kids, who play on their Kindle Fires, have already seen dolphins, tropical fish, shipwrecks and ... balloons? It seems odd to me that PE gets the changes before the "full" version, rather than simultaneously.

Unless Mojang is using PE to debug the changes....

JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin

Postby JesusIsLord713 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:27 pm

The update has already been released for the Bedrock edition (which is what your kids are playing on). I guess I should say “half” of the update is released for Bedrock already. The update that came out for Bedrock only contains about half the features in the entire aquatic update. There’s a second update that contains the rest of the aquatic features for Bedrock edition coming at some point.

1.12 is here!

JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin

Postby JesusIsLord713 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:28 pm

There have been a couple more pre-releases in the past week.

First up is pre-release 3. This pre-release had some major memory usage optimizations done. Also a couple of resource pack folders got renamed and some blockstate files were updated/changed.

For pre-release 4, LWJGL (LightWeight Java Game Library) got updated. From what I read LWJGL is what Minecraft uses for its graphics, sound, and input.

Biome names are now listed in alphabetical order in the buffet menu now.

Feels like the update can come any time now!

1.12 is here!

Return to “Minecraft”