Minecraft 1.13 Update News/Snapshots

All Minecraft posts go here

What do you think of the Aquatic Update aka 1.13?

It's wonderful!
57%
It's pretty good.
14%
It's ok.
No votes
I don't like it that much.
No votes
I really don't like it.
No votes
Where's that village update?
29%

Total votes: 7

JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin
Are you human?: Yes!

Minecraft 1.13 Update News/Snapshots

Postby JesusIsLord713 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:29 pm

WARNING!!!!! If you want to avoid spoilers for the 1.14 update, then DON'T READ ANY FURTHER! I will not be responsible for any spoilers that you read in this or any future post. You have been warned. :wink:

So it's that time again. I didn't do this sort of topic for 1.13 as that update focuses pretty much on commands and other tech related stuff I don't understand very well. :lol: 1.14 however does return to adding new mobs, items, etc. to the game so I can do this again. :D

Minecon (this year Minecon Earth) happened just about a week or two ago and revealed quite a bit of what's going to be in the 1.14 update (officially known as Update Aquatic).

The information we know so far includes:

Additions:

Coral will be added to the game in block, slab, and plant form. There will also be multiple colors of coral. Interestingly some years ago when Notch was still working on Minecraft he wanted to add coral to the game, along with little fish particles to go around the coral. However he said that drawing just a single block of coral proved to be very difficult and abandoned the idea. So while this technically isn't a completely brand new feature, this will be the first version of Minecraft coral has ever appeared in. :)

Kelp will also be added to the game that grows from the bottom of the water in tall pillars.

A new item called the trident will be added to the game. The trident can be either thrown at enemies (like a spear) or you can damage enemies in melee combat. The amount of damage the trident does or the durability of it is currently unknown. The trident can also be enchanted with some new enchantments coming in this update (mentioned later).

Three new mobs are going to be coming in this update as of right now.

There was a poll about a month ago I think that allowed players to choose between four mobs to be added into the game. The mob that won was Mob B. While the mob doesn't really have a name yet it is referred to as "The Monster of the Night Skies". It will spawn at high altitudes and will attack any players that haven't slept in a while. This mob will attack in groups of 3 or 4. Of course this mob will be a hostile mob.

Dolphins will be added into the game as well. I think this mob is peaceful. They will swim around in oceans and maybe ponds/lakes as well and will jump out of the water and go back into the water often. They will also help lead players to sunken treasures.

The last mob is kinda already in the game. This mob will be fish. Fish currently exist in the game, but only as items, you can't physically see them in the water. So fish will finally have an actual model. :) Fish will come in multiple colors and possibly multiple types as well. You can pick some fish up in a bucket and place the bucket somewhere else to keep your fish. So it's possible to have aquariums if you want now! I don't know if this will affect the actual fishing process at all or not.

Two new generated structures are going to appear in the game.

Shipwrecks will appear (probably just in oceans, but I'm not sure yet) and will have loot chests that you can collect from.

Icebergs are also going to appear. They will consist of packed ice and snow.

Three new enchantments will be added to the game. These are the Loyalty, Impaler, and Slipstream Dash enchantments. The loyalty enchantment can be applied to tridents and will make it to where if you throw the trident, it will automatically come back to you (you don't have to go to the trident and pick it up again). I don't know what the other two enchantments do, but just from looking at the names it seems they will be exclusive to the trident.

Changes:

Water physics will change a bit, such as water will now be able to flow through semi-transparent blocks (such as fences and slabs). I don't know if signs are semi-transparent but if they are...then mob farms are in trouble. :cry: Items will no longer go down to the bottom of a pool of water, but will rather float now.

Magma blocks will act interestingly as they will produce bubble columns that will reduce the water's buoyancy. It looks like magma blocks can spawn in ocean ravines. Be careful when driving a boat near underwater magma blocks, as your boat will shake and eventually will sink if you don't get away fast enough. Items will sink if dropped where underwater magma blocks are. Lastly players will be able to breathe if they are in the bubble columns.

So that is all the information we know of right now. What do you guys think? Are you guys excited for the Update Aquatic? (I really wish they named it the Aquatic Update...) I personally am pretty happy with this update so far (aside from that I'm a bit worried about water being able to run through semi-transparent blocks).

More information about the update will be posted as I get it. :D
Last edited by JesusIsLord713 on Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I love playing Mario games! :D :D :D :D :D They are so awesome!!!

1.12 is here!

A former admin of Prism!!!

Sstavix
CCGR addict

Re: Minecraft 1.14 Update News/Snapshots

Postby Sstavix » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:51 pm

I had heard about some of this previously (see my "Dolphins in 2018" post) but a lot of this is new. Thank you! :)

I wonder if the "Impaler" enchantment will immobilize a mob for a short time (e.g. the weapon pins them to the wall/floor). If so, that might be a handy enchantment for bows as well!

JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin

Postby JesusIsLord713 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:45 pm

Already got quite a few new things to announce.

1.13 is actually going to get some "new" blocks and some blocks will get changes. So I'll list them for ya. I'll also list a few other things from 1.13 that most normal players can understand.

First up wooden trapdoors, pressure plates will get all 6 wood variants, just like wooden doors currently have.

Second an actual uncarved pumpkin will appear in the game. The carved version still exists and can be obtained by shearing a regular pumpkin. You'll also get 4 pumpkin seeds when you carve a pumpkin.

Bark is getting added which is available for all 6 wood types. It looks almost exactly like wood logs but all 6 sides are bark textured. You can obtain 3 bark by placing 4 logs in a 2x2 shape. Bark's only function as of right now is for decorative purposes.

Some currently existing blocks that don't have an item form or have item forms that only exist via commands are getting easily obtainable item forms (all of these items will at least exist in the creative inventory)

Petrified oak slabs will exist as an item. In case you don't know what petrified oak slabs are they are slabs that look like oak slabs but act like stone slabs (thus requiring a pickaxe to break properly). Item forms will exist for smooth quarts, red sandstone, sandstone, and stone. Red, brown, and stem mushroom blocks will exist be added to the creative inventory (the red and brown mushroom blocks already exist as items and can be obtained in survival mode).

Some flattening is being done to all the blocks and thus some blocks in the creative inventory are getting moved around. All blocks getting item forms will get added to the creative inventory. Some other blocks I haven't mentioned yet will also be added to the creative inventory. Mushroom blocks, farmland, and grass paths will get added to the Decoration Blocks part of the creative inventory. Blank firework rockets will get added to the miscellaneous section. The bark, smooth stone, sandstone, red sandstone, and quartz will get added to the building blocks section.

A couple of new game options will be added. One of them will hopefully help admins. The first option is that you can make a backup of a world and open the backups folder while editing said world. The other option is in the chat settings which lets you decide whether to let the chat automatically suggest commands to you or not (the default option is true).

Statistics are currently being updated.

Here is some changes to blocks in general.

All blocks (excluding redstone wire) that didn't have a bottom texture now have a bottom texture.

Turning a lever will produce a little redstone particle (which I thought was pretty cute).

Some stuff with collision boxes for some blocks that I don't really understand is being updated.

Beds will now need support blocks under it at all times. Before the bed required two blocks to sit upon but afterwards you could freely break those two blocks and the bed would stay where it is.

This next changes to chests I really like. You can now put chests right next to their double versions! You no longer need to sacrifice a block worth of space just to add another chest or double chest! Also another change is that if you shift right-click a chest or trapped chest next to another chest of the same type it will not form into a double chest! So you can freely choose whether to combine your chests or not! This will really help with shops I think.

Placing pumpkins and fence gates no longer require a block below them.

Any blocks infested with silverfish will break automatically, no matter what you use, even in survival mode. Well I guess the good news is that you will more quickly figure out the block was infested. :lol:

Blocks will now emit the block breaking particles according to their size. So if you've ever noticed a block producing more particles than you think it should, then chances are it will produce less particles now. :wink:

Lastly, buttons and levers can no longer be placed on top of pistons.

One minor change to the witch hut has been made. The flower pot that appears in a witch hut will now always spawn with a mushroom (previously it was just empty).

Now onto 1.14. Sorry to distract you with 1.13 stuff in a 1.14 topic. :lol: :roll:

Five colors have been shown so far for coral, and I guess the textures that they currently have for coral will be replaced (if I’m understanding it correctly. I’m getting this info from Minecraft Wiki).

The player has to be above sea level in order for Mob B to attack you.

More ocean variants will be added, such as warm and cold versions of oceans.

The slipstream dash enchantment will make the player leap forward. However this only works while it is raining or if you’re in water. Hey, we finally have an actual reason to have it rain now! (aside from fishing more quickly)

Anyway that’s all the info I have for you as of right now. Glad 1.13 is getting some stuff besides command overhauls and such!

1.12 is here!

Foxwick
Minecraft Server Admin

Postby Foxwick » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:36 am

Wow, this is a lot of news heh.. I'm already not a fan of the transparent block thing..

;)
Phlipians 4:1, Therefor my brothers, whom I love and long for, my join and crown. Stand firm, thus in the Lord, My beloved

evered
Master Gamer
Master Gamer

Postby evered » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:59 am

Oh.
my.
GOSH.

Icebergs!!

ZappierVirus
CCGR addict

Postby ZappierVirus » Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:34 pm

Looks interesting, I can't wait for 1.14.
Creepers + Boom Slimes = Big Crater
Minecrafting all the time!
I post too much.

Trix_110
Noob
Noob

Postby Trix_110 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:49 pm

They announced turtles a couple of days ago to be added along with the 1.14 update.

JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin

Postby JesusIsLord713 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:20 pm

They announced turtles a couple of days ago to be added along with the 1.14 update.
Yep they did :) Turtles will also have a baby version that when hatched will go to the ocean (like their real life counterpart).

1.12 is here!

Sstavix
CCGR addict

Postby Sstavix » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:00 pm

Turtles?

Will they be ninja turtles?

Trix_110
Noob
Noob

Postby Trix_110 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:08 pm

Turtles?

Will they be ninja turtles?
Nah, they won't be that cool but the twitter post has a link to a post on the minecraft website describing what they can do:
https://twitter.com/Minecraft/status/945749584407490561

This describes how they will lay eggs in 'various' biomes (probably meaning any biome near to the sea) and then those eggs will then hatch and 'scamper' towards the sea. Much like in real life. Presumably, this also confirms a baby variant, which is just adorable!

JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin

Postby JesusIsLord713 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:59 pm

Welp, 1.14 doesn't exist anymore. So, what happened? Did they decide to explode everything coming in 1.14 and start fresh? Well, no they didn't.

So you all know that 1.13 is that big technical update no one understands except for the people who are good with commands and such right? Well...the update is taking a big longer to come than the developers expected (I think). So what they decided to do is merge 1.13 AND 1.14 into one giant update! This huge update will be called the Aquatic Update still and this will be the true 1.13 update. This is actually good news for us because we will get all the 1.14 content sooner than expected! So stay tuned to the huge 1.13 update with both technical and world generation content!

Also the title has been updated appropriately. :D

1.12 is here!

ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Minecraft 1.13 Update News/Snapshots

Postby ccgr » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:17 pm

Neat!

PurpleTurtle42
Noob
Noob

Postby PurpleTurtle42 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:58 am

i would really like to see these new features! :)

Trix_110
Noob
Noob

Postby Trix_110 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:11 pm

Please Backup your minecraft and any valuable world before using the snapshots as they can corrupt the game and any worlds (especially as they rewrote the generation code for the game)

The latest snapshot (18w07a) adds in a lot of new features:
-Turtles, they spawn on beaches and move faster in water than on land but will spend more time on land (at the moment). They lay eggs (added as a block, which break when stepped on), which will hatch babies hatch babies. When killed the turtles drop turtle shell fragments (I think that's what they're called) which can craft a turtle shell that can be put on your head. There is also a potion called the "potion of the turtle master" which gives you slowness and resistance (at levels you cannot brew in a potion stand) this can be crafted with the
- Along with the turtle is kelp and sea grass. These can be found in the ocean biome. The kelp can be smelted into dry kelp that can be crafted into a block, be used as furnace fuel or be eaten.
- Bubble columns are created by placing magma blocks underwater, this make items sink and boats sink, as well as making the player sink (they don't generate in the world yet but will soon). They can also be used to get air underwater.
- A new weapon called the trident was added, this can be tossed above and underwater (and trust me it can get to places). This has four new enchantments called Loyalty (brings it back after tossing), Riptide (propels the player through the water), Channeling (I don't know what it does, I tested it, I still have no idea) and Impaling (all I know about this one is that it's "useful against creatures of the sea").
- There are also some new blocks, a new set of logs called 'stripped logs' which can be gained by right clicking with an axe (I think they loo awesome and will look good with wooden structures and interior), there is also the slab and stair variant of all the prismarine blocks (except the lantern, poor thing).
- The voted mob called the Phantom was also added as well, this mob will spawn when a player doesn't sleep for a long period of time and is a flying mob. This mob will drop leather when killed, however, that's liable to change (hopefully to something more interesting).
- There are also a bunch of fixed bugs as well as a ton of new ones (remember to backup your game and it's worlds).

Bare in mind things are liable to change and more things will be added to the technically aquatic 1.13 update.

MrFixit
Noob
Noob

Postby MrFixit » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:49 pm

So is the bark like Xisumavoid's Vanilla Tweak thing where it has the lig's side texture on all sides? Anyway, I'm really excited for the update.

Return to “Minecraft”