Tutorial and Help With Our Plugins!

All Minecraft posts go here
storm
Gamer
Gamer
StarvedArtist wrote:Hehehe I don't know what's with the glasses! :lol:

Really Lynn? I'll have to test that when I get a chance and fix the tutorial.

And no more backpacks. Way too glitchy.
Sooo I was right no more backpacks (faints dead at being right) Thank you for clearing that up
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
16 Rejoice always, 17 pray without ceasing, 18 in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. (NKJV)
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” Greg King
JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
I know right it's so sad we lost the backpacks. Which also takes me back to the old way of mining like in 5 mins your inventory is full.
I love playing Mario games! :D :D :D :D :D They are so awesome!!!

1.12 is here!

A former admin of Prism!!!
storm
Gamer
Gamer
JesusIsLord713 wrote:I know right it's so sad we lost the backpacks. Which also takes me back to the old way of mining like in 5 mins your inventory is full.
Ikr most likely why I had hoped i was wrong OF ALL THE TIMES TO BE RIGHT arggg :roll:
16 Rejoice always, 17 pray without ceasing, 18 in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. (NKJV)
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” Greg King
EgoDuke
Noob
Noob
I haven't join the server yet, still working on 15 post, just curious is there any requirement to claim land?
LegoFan560
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Nope! Just find a spot that no one else owns, and claim it. As long as you are following the rules you are welcome to claim land. :)
@Cheryl: Thanks for a wonderful community. It is a pleasure and honor to be a part of it.

"Well then, carry on chaps."
-Deepfreeze32

"it's not malware guys it's linux ;)"
-ccgr

"Go play outside. That's what I'm going to do now."
-ccgr
FazedMCBaller
Noob
Noob
It's really cool how this server is getting worked on! I would love to help when I get whitelisted.

John 3:16
webyankee
Noob
Noob
I never played on a server before and wondered about what you do?
I see your tutorial but it really lacks the basics. ie I see these commands for claiming land but where do they go and what else do you need? I am wondering how far someone can go with these hacks or are they predefined?
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
in minecraft you build stuff and try to stay alive from the monsters that roam at night, you have to mine and build your own stuff. These guiudes are for claiming and protecting your stuff
storm
Gamer
Gamer
webyankee wrote:I never played on a server before and wondered about what you do?
I see your tutorial but it really lacks the basics. ie I see these commands for claiming land but where do they go and what else do you need? I am wondering how far someone can go with these hacks or are they predefined?
you can also if asked or if others wish build together some have built small towns and such Some would say the main purpose is to build to push yourself to make your build even better To have fun building and exploring and yes to try to survive
And at first it can be a bit daunting But there is so much more to this server
There is a creative world where you can fly and build what you want with unlimited materials A place to not only enjoy building but admire what others have done
And there are also mini games like paintball You need never play in survival if you dont wish
And there is the chance to chat with others Ive seen some nights many chatting more than playing I often enjoy reading chat as well as joining in Ofc many will also point out that I often forget to respond to chat but then I am a builder
There is so many things to do I would suggest you take time look around and go from there
I will say this post has been a great help to many of us Star was good at explaining things something i am not good at but I hope i have helped some
Le_Beholder
Noob
Noob
huh. so its a wooden axe instead of a gold shovel?
thats good.
I always manage to accidentally dig out the block im trying to claim select on those other servers.
BlockHeadLewie
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
In regards to the land claiming, seems whenever I go through the process I end up with land I can't build on or mine! I end up removing the claim to continue. I'm following instructions given to me to the letter and it's even making the region in my name, I don't understand something apparently?
:?: 8) :?:
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Mining should be done in Mining Inc so the main world does not get depleted of resources, we'll double check the claiming process
amyjo88
Minecraft Server Admin
I had trouble with this in the past. My mistake was not typing my username at the end of the code. So you should be typing

/rg define [region_name] [username]

That will put you as the owner of the region

Also note that you cannot have spaces in your region's name. Another possible mistake would be to do /rg define Desert Village amyjo88 instead of /rg define Desert_Village amyjo88

It could be that the plugin gets confused when there isn't a user named Village and ignores the actual username at the end
BlockHeadLewie
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
That's exactly what it was: I told the server to create a region (with my name) but never told the server who owns it (my name)! Simple user error!
As for the mining I'm mostly preparing the land for building. I'll be doing my actual gathering in the proper place.
8)
ZappierVirus
CCGR addict
Just telling the people who live in the community south of spawn, I don't have much experience with making regions, especially one so close to other property. I want to make sure my boarders are well defined so nothing happens. Anyway, if my new region is too close to anyone's property, just Private Message me so we can work out the boarder.

Also, is there a way to make a region that is not a rectangle or a square? My village curves around another property to keep respectful distance, and my region should curve too. I am attempting to add a picture of my situation.
Black is my land, Blue is other people's property, and white is unclaimed buffer space between properties.
Property Diagram
Property Diagram
Property Diagram.png (2.06 KiB) Viewed 8348 times
Hope this works :)