New server feedback!

All Minecraft posts go here
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!

New server feedback!

Postby ccgr » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:48 pm

Please post your feedback here. Thanks for your patience everyone!

LTB_Strax_Core
Gamer
Gamer

Re: New server feedback!

Postby LTB_Strax_Core » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:01 pm

So far it's great. I really recommend we keep the new claiming system. I've used it before, and it works wonders. Easy to use and rarely glitches. I've seen it updated from 1.7.2 and it still works in 1.12, (or at least same aspect dose) Just my opinion though!

N1ghtBreak3r

Postby N1ghtBreak3r » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:46 am

I'm very concerned with a few things right off the bat:

1. The /home limitations. We can only set one home. This is okay by me, but we did have a few options previously (3 I believe?)
2. The 10 second timer before going /home or /back or teleporting in general.
3. The /nick command is already being abused like crazy. I would recommend removing it or limiting it.
4. Mob griefing is enabled. Currently creepers blow up stuff. I admit I have not claimed land yet and I am hoping that doing so will disable the griefing.
5. The lack of spawn and portals to resource worlds. I know this has already been mentioned, but not having these things are going to result in a quicker degradation of the map as people mine and look for resources.

This is my short list so far. Just my opinions so take into consideration as you will.

Jaredk105

Postby Jaredk105 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:50 am

I had lots of fun on the new server today. I like how we can use nicknames now. (I don't think we could do that before.) As LTB_Strax_Core mentioned, I like the claiming system as well. I would like to learn more about how it works since all I know at the moment is that chests create a protective barrier around themselves, but that is more than I could easily do before. It is especially useful since the barrier is marked for a short amount of time on the four corners. I really like that. I can't wait to get back on. Thank you for everything you put into this. It is greatly appreciated.

JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin

Postby JesusIsLord713 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:13 am

I'd imagine the /nick command will get removed for normal players, as this can easily get abused and overused.

Mob griefing will be of course disabled, we just haven't done it yet.

The other little issues with the /tpa and /home commands should hopefully be fixed.

And of course we are going to have resource worlds, we haven't gotten around to that yet either. This is of course a sort of test server at this point and we are testing to see how the plugins are running and how well the server handles multiple players.
I love playing Mario games! :D :D :D :D :D They are so awesome!!!

1.12 is here!

An Admin on Prism!!

ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ccgr » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:07 am

We'll have to see which plugin or setting allowed multiple homes. I did a minimal plugin setup to mainly test for stability and compatibility with 1.12.1 So far the server is stable and handling the load pretty well with small instances of lag but better than the 1.11 server if I'm not mistaken.

I still have to grant the ops status and give them the ability to tweak the server as well :)

This is the first phase of the roll out. It would be horrific if we had everything set only to find it lagging with a handful of people on. Thanks for the feedback everyone!

mob damage should be disabled and I disabled the nick command. The other suggestions I'll need admin help because I'm not 100% sure which plugins are in charge of that stuff.

N1ghtBreak3r

Postby N1ghtBreak3r » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:08 am

So far so good. Here are a few more observations:

1. The 10 second timer is gone for /back but I still had to wait when I went /home. If I'm remembering correctly I encountered this issue when using /back or /home several times within a few minutes.
2. I claimed land (didn't have a chance to test mob griefing yet) but was having trouble with hoppers placing items into chests. With this claiming system in place on other servers you had to have a claim to allow red stone to function. I'm not sure what is prevent my hoppers from placing items into chests (and yes, I've set it up correctly).
3. I had a creeper blow up in a cave system and it caused no damage. Yay!

I won't be able to play much the next few days, but I'll get back to more extensive testing on Sunday.

ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ccgr » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:48 am

Not sure where the timer would be or red stone enabling, if an admin can point me in the right direction I'll gladly adjust it

N1ghtBreak3r

Postby N1ghtBreak3r » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:13 pm

I figured out the hopper issue. I wasn't aware that LWC was still a plugin on the new map. To use the hoppers for created chests the command is:

/lwc flag hopper on

As far as the timer delay. If you're using essentials for the permissions, adding the following to the general permissions will get rid of the delay:

essentials.teleport.timer.bypass
essentials.teleport.timer.move

JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin

Postby JesusIsLord713 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:40 pm

Yeah for hoppers and chests to work you either have to do what night did, or unlock your chests that are connected to your hopper.
I love playing Mario games! :D :D :D :D :D They are so awesome!!!

1.12 is here!

An Admin on Prism!!

N1ghtBreak3r

Postby N1ghtBreak3r » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:40 pm

Found another issue.. should I post new threads or edit the old ones? Let me know which is better for you all.

1. When using the green recipe book in my inventory, my client crashes. Every time. Does anyone else have this problem?

2. Some other permission nodes that I'm not sure if you want all users to have including: /powertools, /top, /suicide, /recipe, /balance, /balancetop, /getpos, /pay, etc. Some of these may already be removed from permission nodes, BUT they are still available to see in the /help menus. You can remove items that are inaccessible to players in the /help menu so they can't even be seen and help clear up any confusion.

ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ccgr » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:04 pm

The recipe book works great for me, no issues here. Glad you guys figured out the hopper thing. I added the timer permissions and reloaded the plugins. Let me know if that fixes it.

LTB_Strax_Core
Gamer
Gamer

Postby LTB_Strax_Core » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:49 pm

My /back is broken. I was at 9300/9000 and I went to my /home, I then grabbed most of my stuff, and went /back, and it teleported me to a swamp at -1300 -30. Please teleport me back. This is the 3rd time it happened. Please fix this.

N1ghtBreak3r

Postby N1ghtBreak3r » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:30 pm

My /back is broken. I was at 9300/9000 and I went to my /home, I then grabbed most of my stuff, and went /back, and it teleported me to a swamp at -1300 -30. Please teleport me back. This is the 3rd time it happened. Please fix this.
Yeah. I also experience this too. that swamp you keep going back to is the world spawn point. For some reason /back doesn't play well with /home. I can check into it tonight and maybe shine some light on the issue.

ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ccgr » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:31 pm

Teleport you where? Does /spawn or/home (assuming you set a home spawn) work?

Return to “Minecraft”