Demons in Warhammer 40K

Got a question? We may have some answers!
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
ImperialR
Alright so this is just kinda a way to get specific advice; but I used to play Warhammer 40k, (Necrons FTW) and I stopped playing because I felt it wasn't spiritually...On the level, the Chaos legion summoning demons and all that unpleasantness didn't seem right to me or was setting off my old silent alarm system inside me, so I stopped. I used to really enjoy playing as the other factions, never tried the Chaos Legion. And specifically because of the demon aspect I defeated them first in my planet campaign from Dark Crusade.

So the Warhammer 40K series is on sale, and I was considering buying the last expansion I never got, but I don't know if I can ever play that game again, I wonder what your thoughts were about it, I'm sorry to post it here but I did in the Strategy forum and didn't provoke any response.

Thank you, and God bless you and your day.
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
I've played a bit of 40K here and there, you could say...

(Yeah, that's me.)

Been playing since I was in high school, back during the days of 40K 1st Edition.

You're right, there's a lot of content in 40K that is potentially a problem for someone depending on their own personal spiritual journey. At the same time, there are some fairly positive spiritual elements if you get deep enough into the fluff. I suppose like so many things, you get out of it what you put into it. I'm just grateful it's not a bunch of nudity or coarse language. The violence and the occult themes are there, but at least that's all you really have to consider.

Ultimately, 40K, whether you're playing the tabletop version or a video game version, is a game. The elements in it aren't for everybody, and I certainly wouldn't try to talk someone out of avoiding it if they feel those elements are unhealthy for them. I don't think the game is existentially a bad thing, so the firmest response I'd make is to choose what's best for you, and it never hurts to include some prayer in the decision making process.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
ImperialR
ArcticFox wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:58 pm I've played a bit of 40K here and there, you could say...

(Yeah, that's me.)

Been playing since I was in high school, back during the days of 40K 1st Edition.

You're right, there's a lot of content in 40K that is potentially a problem for someone depending on their own personal spiritual journey. At the same time, there are some fairly positive spiritual elements if you get deep enough into the fluff. I suppose like so many things, you get out of it what you put into it. I'm just grateful it's not a bunch of nudity or coarse language. The violence and the occult themes are there, but at least that's all you really have to consider.

Ultimately, 40K, whether you're playing the tabletop version or a video game version, is a game. The elements in it aren't for everybody, and I certainly wouldn't try to talk someone out of avoiding it if they feel those elements are unhealthy for them. I don't think the game is existentially a bad thing, so the firmest response I'd make is to choose what's best for you, and it never hurts to include some prayer in the decision making process.
I wish I had money to throw into cosplay lol...That is amazing.