FaithLeaks targets Jehovah's Witnesses

Got a question? We may have some answers!
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
RemnantRD
Noob
Noob
Odd how there is only one entry in their wiki.
That being said, is it really targeting JW? I mean they have enough erroneous beliefs and false doctrine to deal with.
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
RemnantRD wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:19 am Odd how there is only one entry in their wiki.
That being said, is it really targeting JW? I mean they have enough erroneous beliefs and false doctrine to deal with.
Not sure what you mean by that. Are you saying the JWs aren't really being targeted because the site will post whatever they get regardless? Or are you saying they basically deserve it because of their church's teachings?
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
RemnantRD
Noob
Noob
Interesting how you direct that line of thinking.
I'm not asserting that the website isn't targeting JW. I mean they're the only listing in that entire wiki.

Nowhere did I ever say that the JW deserve to be targeted, but I'm also making the point that the erroneous doctrine of the JW poses an interesting conundrum. As Christians, we do need to examine out doctrine and beliefs in the light of scripture, and when they do not line up, we try to line up with scripture. As Christians, when another group claims to be Christian, but their doctrine is flawed, we are indeed called to help correct them. If they do not listen but continue in that error, we dust our feet off. Is this considered targeting?
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
RemnantRD wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 8:32 am Interesting how you direct that line of thinking.
Not sure what you mean by "directing" the line of thinking. I asked a question so that I could be sure of what you meant before commenting. Sometimes when we post our thoughts online, they don't come across to others as clearly as we think. Believe me, I learned that lesson the hard way. It's why it's better to ask.
RemnantRD wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 8:32 am I'm not asserting that the website isn't targeting JW. I mean they're the only listing in that entire wiki.

Nowhere did I ever say that the JW deserve to be targeted, but I'm also making the point that the erroneous doctrine of the JW poses an interesting conundrum. As Christians, we do need to examine out doctrine and beliefs in the light of scripture, and when they do not line up, we try to line up with scripture. As Christians, when another group claims to be Christian, but their doctrine is flawed, we are indeed called to help correct them. If they do not listen but continue in that error, we dust our feet off. Is this considered targeting?
No, but it's unclear to me whether FaithLeaks is a Christian organization, or an organization looking to leak documents from all religions in general. I'm sure you can imagine that the possible motives for the site could be just about anything.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens