God is... what now?

Got a question? We may have some answers!
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
Apparently, the Lutheran Church is telling their clergy that they need to stop using terms such as "The Lord" and referring to God as "He." Because, for some reason, they think that God is "gender neutral."

Erm... shouldn't church leaders be ... I don't know... reading their bibles or something?

You can read the article here, if you're interested. But what do you think? Especially if you're Lutheran, I'm curious to know what you think.
evered
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
-Facedesk-

Just stop...
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Is Jesus gender neutral now too? Last time I checked Jesus was referred to as a son and he kept calling God, father and not parental unit.
Sstavix
CCGR addict
ccgr wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:52 pm Is Jesus gender neutral now too? Last time I checked Jesus was referred to as a son and he kept calling God, father and not parental unit.
That's exactly what I was thinking! Jesus refers to God as "Father," so that should be the end of the discussion.

But it's one of the things that made me non-denominational in my early years of spiritual searching. If a church doesn't stick to the teachings in the Bible, is it really church I would want to be a part of?
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
This is an example of putting the philosophies and teachings of man over those of Heavenly Father. A church that changes its doctrines to satisfy pop culture is a church that doesn't truly believe in God's divine authority, if those in charge even believe in Him at all.

One has to wonder about the motives of a church that is more concerned with what people think than what God's word tells them.

$
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
J.K. Riki
I must admit, there was a time I would have agreed with this for the sake of unity. However since then I've been shown WHY gender is included in Scripture, rather than God being genderless. It's all about extremely important symbolism, and without it you lose a great deal of what is being said. Still, I understand where I once was, so I understand people's desire to water down Scripture to try and be more inclusive. It's just not the right way to do it. Truth in love. Can't have it just be love, or just be truth. Gotta have both.
DandiestBerry68
Noob
Noob
God created Adam and Eve in his image depending on which creation story you look at.. But the verbiage is clearly God in a masculine manner. Jesus could not have had his effect as a woman, but we have a strong and godly woman in his mother. Jesus was a man and made male references to God, and that's a pretty good source. Sweden is deteriorating, I would avoid adopting their theology.
B