This is why people don't donate to faith causes

Got a question? We may have some answers!
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!

I'll respond to this later, I have some shopping to do. j/k
Sstavix
CCGR addict
It's not just faith-based charities that suffer from this problem. The CEO of the American Red Cross also makes a six-figure salary. The CEO of Goodwill has an annual salary of over one million dollars. The Humane Society of the United States gives a good portion of the donations they receive to PETA. And, of course, there's the infamous Clinton Foundation.... Yet these are all tax-free, "non-profit" organization.

It pays to do your research and see where your money is going whenever you want to donate to a cause. Will it really go to support what you believe? Or will it pad someone else's pocketbook?

Here's one good example - Christ Centered Gamer. You can see how much money they take in every month, and what they spent it on ($9.27 on shower caps? Really? ;) ) and they publicly disclose it on the Web site. More charities need to be so up front with how they utilize their donors' money.

(This is actually one of the only beefs I have with the LDS church - they don't disclose how much, precisely, they give to the leadership in terms of a salary, or a "living allowance." However, one leaked document indicated that the First Councillor, Henry B. Eyring, receives approximately $89,000 a year for his duties to the church - certainly a respectable annual salary, but humble in comparison to other religious leaders around the world. Given what the LDS church spends money on in other regards - such as relief efforts to Haiti - I think my tithing money is well-spent. I just wish they were more public about where the money goes.)
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
The shower caps are for our upcoming exhibits where we'll be showing off VR. We don't want to spread head lice so we'll be providing shower caps and paper VR mask covers for hygienic purposes.
Sstavix
CCGR addict
ccgr wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:27 pm The shower caps are for our upcoming exhibits where we'll be showing off VR. We don't want to spread head lice so we'll be providing shower caps and paper VR mask covers for hygienic purposes.
Now that makes sense, and is very hygienic of you. Since it's a great sign of how thoughtful you can be, everyone should really donate to help with your ministry!

Really, everyone should donate! Come on, let's show Christ Centered Gamer some love!
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
ccgr wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:27 pm The shower caps are for our upcoming exhibits where we'll be showing off VR. We don't want to spread head lice so we'll be providing shower caps and paper VR mask covers for hygienic purposes.
I could buy that story if the shower caps weren't made of pure silk and decorated with 14kt gold inlaid monogram initials...

:lol:
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Towards the end of school my family got hit with head lice pretty hard, I don't wish that on anybody. Those suckers are resilient and nigh impossible to remove with over the counter treatment options. Spent over $600 between over the counter options and lice clinic treatments ;( And no, ChristCenteredGamer didn't foot the bill ;)
DandiestBerry68
Noob
Noob
One of the biggest problems I hear from intellectuals complaining about Christianity is the hypocrisy. It is the onus on all of us to examine ourselves, rid ourselves of hypocrisy, and call it out in others. Jesus sure hated hypocrites!