Reasons to get up in the morning?

Got a question? We may have some answers!
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
ZanySauce
Gamer
Gamer
Since school is out and I have no job, I have been having trouble getting motivated to get out of bed these last several days. By extension, I have had extreme temptation to sin as I have neither worldly or Godly people around me to give my example of faith to. :(

I feel the answer is so stupidly simple, but I can't seem to convince myself of anything being worthwhile. I know it's good to be happy living everyday life (Ecclesiastes), but since I have no immediate obligations I don't know what "everyday life" is right now. Help?
AKA ZanyAmoeba :mrgreen:

Ask Amoeba is now officially defunct. Sorry :(

Yet God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God’s work from beginning to end.
Ecclesiastes 3:11 NLT
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
If a job is what you need to motivate you, why not go out and look for a job? Or if you don't need or want a job, another goal to accomplish each day. That could be working for a charity like a local food bank. Or set a personal goal - try to set up a schedule that includes morning scripture study, with the goal of having the entire Bible read by the time school is back in session.

If you don't have any goals right now, it might be a good time to set some. What do you want to accomplish? Start there, and then try to figure out the best way to get there.
ZanySauce
Gamer
Gamer
Thanks SSav, that helped a lot! :D I will trust in Jesus, as I need his power now as much as ever.
AKA ZanyAmoeba :mrgreen:

Ask Amoeba is now officially defunct. Sorry :(

Yet God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God’s work from beginning to end.
Ecclesiastes 3:11 NLT
J.K. Riki
I think we've all been there, so what you're talking about it pretty normal.

You can also do personal work to better yourself. Play an instrument? Make it a goal to practice for 20 minutes first thing upon waking up. Don't play an instrument? Get an instrument, ha ha! You never know when even a tiny musical skill can bless others. I've had the chance to play guitar (quite badly) for people as a ministry, and it is a joy even though I'm not very good at it at all.

There are also things like art, which anyone can learn if you put in the work. Or cooking, maybe you can make a new, unique recipe for breakfast every day and expand your ability there? Or even take food you make to others for sharing. I am currently trying to learn to make soft bread (it's always too dense, dang it) and friends and neighbors get the test-products as I'm learning. Who doesn't enjoy fresh bread delivered to their door?

Reading, as Sstavix said, it another great thing. Find some books your passionate about, be it fiction or non-fiction.

If nothing else, get up and out of the house. Find some greenspace near you, even if it's just a tree to sit under, and relax there. Being in nature makes you feel less lazy, unlike staying in the house all day.

Will be praying you get a burst of the passion that gets us all up in the morning!
evered
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
This is one reason I say get up and a get a moving!:

And we know that to them that love God all things work together for good, even to them that are called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28
If that doesn't help idk what will!
cedaroak
Noob
Noob
If you don't want to or don't have to work, then find something to volunteer for.

Or find something to make. A website, a handicraft, whatever. Creating stuff on the side is how I found my career that I enjoy and pays alright.
junnkbarbarian
Noob
Noob
I think maybe you have answered your own question. Give yourself more credit :)

"I know it's good to be happy living everyday life (Ecclesiastes), but since I have no immediate obligations I don't know what "everyday life" is right now."

First part, spot on! Second part, I think maybe you are putting an unnecessary condition on the first.

Psalm 118:24
This is the day which the LORD has made;
Let us rejoice and be glad in it.

Says nothing there about knowing God’s plan or knowing what the day will bring. So you don’t have a routine, or a plan? Embrace that. Embrace that every day is a gift from God full of possibility. Try not to be so caught up in looking for what you expect (I know I do this all the time) that you don’t see what is there.

Also, this may be odd advice on a to read on a forum with a gaming slant, but get outside in the sun. When I am in a funk, I find that sitting in front of the Xbox is often the worst thing for me. Try to find some place where you can be outside with God and just take a moment to look around at how amazing it is, how and how blessed you are to be part of it.