Evangelizing in Video games

Got a question? We may have some answers!
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
project312
Noob
Noob
Anyone know any good ways to evangelize in video games?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
I remembered reading about some players of Second Life who built their own church and holds services. I found a Web site about it right here. Looks like there are several churches in that game.

I thought I heard something about a World of Warcraft guild which also tried to use that as an evangelical outreach. But they received a lot of harassment, and I don't know if they are still trying.
ZanySauce
Gamer
Gamer
Sstavix wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:47 pm I remembered reading about some players of Second Life who built their own church and holds services. I found a Web site about it right here. Looks like there are several churches in that game.

I thought I heard something about a World of Warcraft guild which also tried to use that as an evangelical outreach. But they received a lot of harassment, and I don't know if they are still trying.
I would never have thought of Second Life of all things having Christian churches. However, I suppose it makes sense because a large portion of players of Second Life do consider it to be a legitimate alternative to the real world and Jesus did say to make disciples of all nations.

I have been also wanting to use video games as tool for evangelism. I want to make a livestream (ie Twitch) for this purpose, but I decided it would be better to pursue this at a later date. Perhaps when I get a Nintendo Switch I can use it to make friends and convert them, as Jesus did say;
Here’s the lesson: Use your worldly resources to benefit others and make friends. Then, when your possessions are gone, they will welcome you to an eternal home. (Luke 16:9 NLT)
AKA ZanyAmoeba :mrgreen:

Ask Amoeba is now officially defunct. Sorry :(

Yet God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God’s work from beginning to end.
Ecclesiastes 3:11 NLT
J.K. Riki
How you act in (online) games is a bit part of witnessing, which is the backbone of evangelizing. That's a good place to start. Being positive and filling others with the spirit helps to showcase you as a light on a hill, and people are looking for that light. From there, pointing to God is an easier step, because people are already seeking something better. :)