Can we get some personal testimonies in here? Love me some testimonies :D

Got a question? We may have some answers!
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
TheMightyMcGrew
Noob
Noob
So I thought I'd take the time to properly give my testimony and to hear everyone else's testimonies. I have always loved sharing my own and even more so to hear them from others. I can remember as far back as about 5 -8 years old, I was going to church as a novelty act, only to go and have fun and play with other kids, the sermons bored me to tears, or Z's :lol: . During this time however I had a dream that I look back on fondly as a precious gem from our Father. The dream or vision was as follows, I was in my bathroom and i stepped into the bathtub shower combo fully dressed with giant rubber mitts with no fingers on, carrying a bible into the bathtub where there was no water. A claymation face of Jesus appeared in the upper right hand corner of the shower-tub combo and He began to speak to me, but I couldn't hear Him. I saw a claymation scene take place on the wall in front of me of a war, and two towers falling. Shortly after this the dream ended, and naturally I took it to my pastor at the church where I attended AWANAS. I don't exactly remember his response to it, but it wasn't helpful so I shrugged it off. From then until now I can still recall that dream with vivid detail. Years pass and my novelty attitude towards the church and God and everything changes from apathetic to hostile. I held my grandfathers suicide against God and refused Him. So for years I ran from God, blaming Him for everything. When I was about 19 or 20 I had gotten myself in trouble with the law, ended up going to jail for marijuana, which didn't stop my self-destructive behaviors, I ended up going to prison for the very same. When i was released the first time I tried to go live with my parents in Texas while on probation in Missouri but my P.O wouldn't let me. So i ran from her too. Just as I was readying myself to go on the lamb from the law, I acknowledged God and asked Him "If I can keep myself on the straight and narrow will you allow me to stay on the run long enough for the statute of limitations to kick in and clear this up for me?" I had a feeling of assurance, like His answer was "Sure, go ahead" Needless to say I lasted two years before getting caught and sent back, I had messed up a lot while I was on the run, but it drew me closer to Him, closer to understanding more about Him. A year into being on the run I stayed at a ranch in Mathis, Texas where i began to suffer pains from kidney stones that i thought was a hernia, either way it caused me to fall to my knees and realize I am only a man, and I need my Father in Heaven. I admitted I was powerless, and broken, and asked for help When I got caught in Sinton, Texas January 12th 2014 I was placed in a padded cell because a voice told me to lead the Correctional Officers to believe I was suicidal when in fact I wasn't. I spent 2 days in there talking with God directly, I could hear Him. He asked me, "Son what will you do now?" my response was "God I don't know, I cant help myself" and He said again "What will you do now?" finally I said "I'll surrender, help me know you God, I want to know more about you" two days later I received the first and only hard copy of His word I have ever read cover to cover, front to back. I spent a year and 12 days in jail and prison growing closer to God. But that last day in the padded cell was where it all turned around for me. Incarceration couldn't stop the salvation of Jesus Christ for my life. The day they let me out of the padded cell and into general population men came around with bibles and were ministering, and providing inmates with the sinners prayer, they had bibles as well, I got the very last one they had. My first legitimate prayer, answered immediately. I stayed in that bible for 8 months, and was astounded by the fact that all the other times i had ever tried to read the bible i couldn't get past the genealogies. That day I got my bible i said the sinners prayer, from my heart. I had recited it before, but contrition and a meaningful heart makes a world of difference. I bawled my eyes out, i still tear up remembering it. Jesus Christ paid my sinful debt in full, and the burden of it was lifted when i accepted that. My time spent behind bars was no longer incarceration, it was an opportunity to learn and to teach what i learned. Jesus Christ didn't just save me with the salvation He gave to the world, He came in and fixed that broken man I used to be, and made me a new creature filled with the love of God. God bless all of you reading this, and those who arent :lol: I know its a bit lengthy, TBH i left out a few details, my testimony is a lifelong one.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Mine isn't extremely exciting but here goes:

I was raised Catholic and went to church every week. I did Sunday school and partook in all of the applicable sacraments (baptism, communion, confession, confirmation). In junior high we were learning about the inquisition and the dark history of the church. It started to make me think and I wondered if I was attending the right church. I also started reading various book and Chick tracts that turned me off to the Catholic church. At 15 I accepted Christ into my life as my personal savior. I was still going to Catholic church every week, but when I was able to drive on my own I would start attending my own church. Often going to two churches out of respect fro my parents. I'll admit sometimes I ditched their church and just say I went.

I started dating a guy and we got engaged. When it came to discussing where we were going to get married and how we were going to raise potential kids, a rift started to divide us and we broke up soon after. I learned the hard way that it's not a good idea to no be unequally yoked. When IBJamon and I were engaged we got baptized together. and had God as a foundation of our relationship. Shortly after getting married we started this site and started having kids five years later. Three kids later, we're still around and trusting in God every step of the way.
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
I really love reading conversion stories like this. (And yes, he didn't switch from one religion to another but this still counts as a conversion.)

Welcome home! Glad to have you with us.

I also think the idea of a thread sharing testimonies is always a great idea.

More than once in my own life I've had to be reminded of my own testimony when I start to become complacent or lose my focus. Sometimes I'm stressed out and worried about the future and when I pray about it I always feel a sense of peace and reassurance. Yes, things may be difficult for a while but I won't be alone, and in the end all will be well. When I'm having trouble and don't know what to do, it's uncanny how I can open the Scriptures almost to a random page and what I find there will be relevant to my situation.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
TheMightyMcGrew
Noob
Noob
ArcticFox wrote:I really love reading conversion stories like this. (And yes, he didn't switch from one religion to another but this still counts as a conversion.)

Welcome home! Glad to have you with us.

I also think the idea of a thread sharing testimonies is always a great idea.

More than once in my own life I've had to be reminded of my own testimony when I start to become complacent or lose my focus. Sometimes I'm stressed out and worried about the future and when I pray about it I always feel a sense of peace and reassurance. Yes, things may be difficult for a while but I won't be alone, and in the end all will be well. When I'm having trouble and don't know what to do, it's uncanny how I can open the Scriptures almost to a random page and what I find there will be relevant to my situation.
If your referring to me than yes I did convert in a way. Part of what was left out of my testimony was that during my time running from God I went to many other religions including but not limited to Satanism, Buddhism, New Age, Humanism and several others I can barely remember. But i say converted in a way because I dont see God or Christianity as a religion. Its a fact. God revealed to me scientific proof that there is no way to doubt Him or his word. By that revelation I percieve Him and his word as reality, not just faith. If faith is not seeing and believing, then what is seeing and believing?

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
It would be better to stand against the world as it is judged by God, than to stand with the world who is trying to judge God. - Unknown
TheMightyMcGrew
Noob
Noob
And thanks for the welcome [emoji16]. Also btw ccgr while your testimony may not contain the same elements as mine did it by no means less exciting. Angels rejoice over every sinner that repents, regardless of how spectacular there stories are. If anythimg i feel like a hard head to jave to go through so much just to reach where i am today LOL. And again im reminded of Psalms 8:4

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
It would be better to stand against the world as it is judged by God, than to stand with the world who is trying to judge God. - Unknown
1faz11
Noob
Noob
That's really cool how God's acted in everyone's lives...
I don't have a particularly interesting Testimony.
all throughout my life (or at least when I was aware of things like God, heaven, hell, etc.) I felt as if I wanted to know God. I was born into a family who didn't disbelieve, but didn't particularly believe either. Agnostic I guess. I then met Rin and Trix_110 and their family. They accepted me in and took me to a Christian Youth Club which I still go to now. I slowly learned little bits of the bible and about God. The same people that run the Youth Club, run a camp too, which I attended that year (2015). I enjoyed it so much, and on one of the evenings, I learned more about God than ever. Everyone was really emotional, the speaker was really into it, and I realized who God was. But I was scared of what to do. I wasn't sure whether to tell someone and learn more or to leave it. I decided to leave it for a while until I had gotten home in case it was just a "heat of the moment event". Well God wasn't havin' any of that. After I got home from camp and then the Holiday I had after it, Rin invited me to a sleepover. This was over Saturday-Sunday. She told me I could come over and we'd go to church on Sunday. Secretly I really wanted to go to church but I was always too scared to ask, so I jumped at this opportunity. After the sleepover, I again wanted to attend Church again but wasn't sure how to ask, God took this into account and Rin invited me for another sleepover with the same thing as before. Slowly, I was turning to God more and more. I then got the nerve to ask to come every week, and they said yes. So I still do ^-^. My Family are very accepting and I'm hoping they will become Christians too at some point.
Ever since then, I've been a Christian.
As I say, not too interesting but there it is c: