where is your god now christfags

Got a question? We may have some answers!
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
where is your god now christfags
That was one of the tweets I woke up to this morning. It's an interesting question on many levels. I believe that God is in heaven with Jesus at His right hand (Luke 22:69) side while his holy spirit is among us on earth and guiding us (John 14:26) as Jesus promised.

Jesus does not break His promises. And nowhere in the Bible does it say that your life will be easier if you become a Christian. If that was the case, I'm sure more people would convert upon hearing that! In fact, the Bible suggests otherwise in 2 Tim 3:12 that states that Christians will be persecuted for their faith. While Christians (myself included) may be ridiculed it should not come as a surprise and many have suffered worse and have even lost their lives.

Even in bad circumstances God is still with us. As Psalm 23:4 says "Even though I walk through the darkest valley,fn I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me." It is in our deepest struggles that we grow closer to God and God has the power of working evil intentions into good (Gen 50:20). When Joseph was wrongfully sold into slavery by his jealous brothers, God used their misdeed to save Israel from the upcoming drought.

The context of this tweet was referring to a lost revenue opportunity. By standing up for what was right we were re-reimbursed my times over the $25 we could have gained. God has indeed blessed us in this situation. In the grand scheme of things, this was hardly a trial and I am sure many bigger ones await us. Know this, when they do come, I will not question God, I will pray to Him for guidance and I will not be alone because He will be with me. He made that promise. (Deut 31:8)
TheAlexTDB
Minecraft Server Admin
Haha, I love how you responded to his statement! Well said, and what a great consequence for doing the right thing!

Yes, we all need to continue to lean on Christ, to lead us through where we can't see.
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

RedPlums
VIP Member
VIP Member
I approve of the aforesaid statements by CCGR & TheAlexTDB.
Last edited by RedPlums on Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is my signature
Sstavix
CCGR addict
ccgr wrote: The context of this tweet was referring to a lost revenue opportunity. By standing up for what was right we were re-reimbursed my times over the $25 we could have gained. God has indeed blessed us in this situation. In the grand scheme of things, this was hardly a trial and I am sure many bigger ones await us. Know this, when they do come, I will not question God, I will pray to Him for guidance and I will not be alone because He will be with me. He made that promise. (Deut 31:8)
I've been following that Twitter conversation with quite some interest. If anything, this could serve as a testimony that sticking with your convictions and ethics can be quite rewarding in the end! I hope this experience can encourage others to follow your example, and perhaps lead others to Christ as well. :)
Bruce_Campbell
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Wow. That's rude. What is this person, 12?
A vegan atheist walks into a bar. Bartender says "Hey, are you a vegan atheist? Just kidding, you've mentioned it like eight times already."
amyjo88
Minecraft Server Admin
What happened? I don't know my way around twitter...
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
some troll thought that we would get discouraged about losing an advertising opportunity
BlockHeadLewie
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Found the BEST version of this song to post here. THIS IS TRUTH:

:clap:
If God is my Pilot and fully in control of the flight, I guess that makes me a Steward on the plane. How may I serve you?
Angrus
Noob
Noob
Psalm 115:2-3 is a pretty apt response to the question:

"Why do the nations say, 'Where is their God?'
Our God is in heaven; he does whatever pleases him."

verses 3-8 talk about other gods and those who follow them... but even just those 2 verses tell enough of the story.