Presbyterian Church endorses same-sex marriages

Got a question? We may have some answers!
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
Adrilaron wrote:Nice to see this thread stay on topic [/sarcasm].
You'll notice that tends to happen a lot around here (or most Internet forums, in my experience). Someone will eventually take the thread and gleefully and often unintentionally run it off the rails.

Sometimes that's me doing in. And I apologize. :)
Adrilaron wrote:I'm not surprised that the Presbyterian church endorses this. I think that the corporate church is quickly slipping into mainstream culture that is being dictated by the minority. This is why so many people are turned off by organized religion - myself increasingly included.
I don't think we've met... hi there! I'm a lizard! :wink: Is there any particular church you identify with right now, or are you pretty much straight nondenominational?
Adrilaron
Noob
Noob
haha! I'm beginning to see that staying on topic seems to be a difficult and often-impossible proposition. Just learning my way around on forums as I've never really gotten into them before (usually due to lack of interaction of others).

I've been plugged into a variety of denominations over the years but don't really consider myself one or another. I get tired of the pettiness and the politics that are involved in churches and usually move on to another place. Maybe that's not the right mentality, but I've yet to find a place that really puts God's work first above all else.

To keep this on topic, I don't understand how any denomination can profess to follow the christian God, profess to read and follow scriptures, yet support something that contradicts those beliefs. *shrugs*