So, what about the Jewish people?

Got a question? We may have some answers!
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
Sacntus_Incendia
Noob
Noob
Hey guys! I have a question to throw out there. I know that God's salvation applies to all of humanity, but is there any scripture in regards to the future of Jews as a people and nation and their relevance to God's plan? Is there anything specific for them as God's original people or are they just kind of free floating now, disconnected unless saved? I'd enjoy some education on this subject :)
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
Since Bruce has got me on a "let's post about the LDS beliefs" kick tonight, I'll go ahead and provide that perspective.

The LDS vision of the afterlife is actually one of the neatest things that I like about the church. Basically, since we do have a kind and loving Heavenly Father, there will be a place for nearly everyone in heaven. Jewish, atheist, Buddhist, Muslim... basically everyone except those who have learned the truth about Heavenly Father and then deliberately sets out to disable His plans or destroy His kingdom.

Now there are different degrees of Heaven based upon whether someone is a Christian or not, but then we're getting a bit more complicated and deeper into the LDS faith. If you're so inclined, you can read about it here. But short answer, yes, Jewish people get to go to Heaven, too. :)
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Since the messiah came the same rules apply to the Jews these days. They have to believe in Christ as he is the mediator between God and mankind. Sadly, many Jews don't accept Christ as their savior and are still looking for for their messiah.
Sacntus_Incendia
Noob
Noob
Okay. I get that the rules are the same for them. So there's no scripture regarding the House of Israel specifically? I guess the main curiosity of this question is the rebirth of Israel as a nation in the middle east. Is that foretold somewhere in scripture?
selderane
Gamer
Gamer
Sacntus_Incendia wrote:Okay. I get that the rules are the same for them. So there's no scripture regarding the House of Israel specifically? I guess the main curiosity of this question is the rebirth of Israel as a nation in the middle east. Is that foretold somewhere in scripture?
There's Scripture saying it would happen, but not when. A quick Google search brought up this site that talks about the relevant prophesies.

And Yahweh still has plans for Israel. It's true that without Yeshua they are not saved, but they are still His children. The saved come into Israel after all. The Church did not replace them.
Everything above this sentence is opinion and worth precisely what was paid for it.
Everything below this sentence is indisputable fact as verified by scientists, philosophers, scholars, clergy, and David Bowie.

If Star Wars: Destiny is a CCG, X-Wing is an LCG.
LAVA89
Sacntus_Incendia wrote:Hey guys! I have a question to throw out there. I know that God's salvation applies to all of humanity, but is there any scripture in regards to the future of Jews as a people and nation and their relevance to God's plan? Is there anything specific for them as God's original people or are they just kind of free floating now, disconnected unless saved? I'd enjoy some education on this subject :)
I guess what you have to ask is, is there a promise of heaven in the Old Testament? (Pre-Christ's earthly emergence \ birth)

I have yet to find any and prophecies about Christ's emergence don't count.

So if that's the case, then I would say that there's no exception for people outside of acceptance of Christ.

As far as them as people and part of God's plan. I would say that Israel and the Jewish people are very important for the end time prophecies.
MrKanister
Noob
Noob
Well, there is no way beside Christ, but the Jewish People are Gods chosen one - Romans 11,2 ist very clear in that Point. I think they need Jesus, because there is no other way (he is the way, the truth and the light), but they are also closer than any other to gods heart.