The United Kingdom has banned the teaching of creationism

Got a question? We may have some answers!
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
LONDON, June 18 (UPI) --The United Kingdom has banned the teaching of creationism as scientifically valid in all schools receiving public funding.
http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/ ... 22/?spt=su" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Good. It's not science. If you want it taught, get it taught in a religions class.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
ArchAngel wrote:Good. It's not science. If you want it taught, get it taught in a religions class.
This.
Wildebear
Is this really a Christian forum?
“Conquer yourself rather than the world.”
― René Descartes
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
Is belief in Creationism really a deal-breaker for being a Christian? Last time I checked, the only prerequisite was believing that Jesus was the son of God, who died for your sins and rose from the dead. That's it.

Also, we have members who aren't Christian. Does that also mean we're not a Christian forum?
cjv
I think Arch and Deep are right.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain
Wildebear
Deepfreeze32 wrote:Is belief in Creationism really a deal-breaker for being a Christian? Last time I checked, the only prerequisite was believing that Jesus was the son of God, who died for your sins and rose from the dead. That's it.

Also, we have members who aren't Christian. Does that also mean we're not a Christian forum?
Why did Jesus die? Where does sin come from?
― René Descartes
ScotchRobbins
VIP Member
VIP Member
Deepfreeze32 wrote:
ArchAngel wrote:Good. It's not science. If you want it taught, get it taught in a religions class.
This.
That.
[Insert witty afterthought here]
Wildebear
Deepfreeze32 wrote:Is belief in Creationism really a deal-breaker for being a Christian? Last time I checked, the only prerequisite was believing that Jesus was the son of God, who died for your sins and rose from the dead. That's it.

Ah, sorry, I'm a bit slow.

Is this perhaps a Christian Atheism community?
Christian atheism is a theological position in which the belief in the God of Christianity is rejected or absent but the moral teachings of Jesus are followed.
― René Descartes
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
I don't think anybody here follow that.

Many of the people who are agreeing with me are Christians whose faith is very important to them. Just because they don't think a religious teaching should be taught in a science classroom doesn't make them any less a Christian.

I am an Atheist, but I am a minority here. The fact I'm welcomed and embraced here is a credit to this community, not a bafflement of their faith.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
Wildebear
ArchAngel wrote:I don't think anybody here follow that.

Many of the people who are agreeing with me are Christians whose faith is very important to them. Just because they don't think a religious teaching should be taught in a science classroom doesn't make them any less a Christian.

I am an Atheist, but I am a minority here. The fact I'm welcomed and embraced here is a credit to this community, not a bafflement of their faith.

Evolutionism is just a belief too.
― René Descartes
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Well for my 0.02 I can see why they did it and I'm not very surprised. The US will follow suit I'm sure. We're roughly 20 years behind the UK morally.

For now I'm okay with public education, but if I were home schooling I would teach both view points and let the kids decide which side of the fence they're on.
Wildebear
ccgr wrote:Well for my 0.02 I can see why they did it and I'm not very surprised. The US will follow suit I'm sure. We're roughly 20 years behind the UK morally.

For now I'm okay with public education, but if I were home schooling I would teach both view points and let the kids decide which side of the fence they're on.
So anti-creationism is a moral incentive now?

I can respect allowing people decide. I think that's truly the only way for a multi-religious society...but saying that evolutionism is science is a bunch of horse dung.
― René Descartes
ScotchRobbins
VIP Member
VIP Member
Wilpanzer wrote:

I can respect allowing people decide. I think that's truly the only way for a multi-religious society...but saying that evolutionism is science is a bunch of horse dung.
First things first. This is going to turn into an explosive argument. Constructive arguments are much more fulfilling overall, so let's remember that we're disagreeing with ideas and not people.

Second things second. It would be healthy for your beliefs overall if you sat down and gave evolution and natural selection and the lot an unbiased, scientific approach and examination. Either your perspective changes and somehow you see it supplemental and beneficial to your beliefs or your old beliefs intensify as your newfound understanding of evolutionism only furthers your notion that it is all nonsense.

Seriously though, there is nothing worse you can do than write something off as false without examining it. I can speak from experience on that.
[Insert witty afterthought here]
Wildebear
ScotchRobbins wrote:
Wilpanzer wrote:

First things first. This is going to turn into an explosive argument. Constructive arguments are much more fulfilling overall, so let's remember that we're disagreeing with ideas and not people.

Second things second. It would be healthy for your beliefs overall if you sat down and gave evolution and natural selection and the lot an unbiased, scientific approach and examination. Either your perspective changes and somehow you see it supplemental and beneficial to your beliefs or your old beliefs intensify as your newfound understanding of evolutionism only furthers your notion that it is all nonsense.

Seriously though, there is nothing worse you can do than write something off as false without examining it. I can speak from experience on that.
I'm not debating atheists here. Who I am debating here are Christians who seem to be hesitant to address my statements that 1) evolutionism is just a theory(it's not concretely scientific) and 2) God and sin had to exist for Jesus's sacrifice to have any meaning. These are the very basic principles of the gospel! Creation - sin - sacrifice - resurrection - salvation.

The ban is not good for us Christians. Christian persecution over the world is on the increase. I'm not a proponent for banning evolutionism. On the contrary, we know through aggressive assertion Christianity has actually decayed into a political entity in many instances. As ccgr wisely stated, choice needs to be the commodity.

We are entering a new age. Everything has to be bound by law. Tax dollars are wasted just so that governments can regulate our society. They want to dictate how we breath, eat, sleep and entertain ourselves. This is not equality or justice at all. It's just another form of indoctrination - as the Roman Catholic Church did in its time. It convinced thousands upon thousands of people that they had to pay gold to atone for their sins. In the same manner the world is being indoctrinated, romanticized and patronized. It's being told that science is objective and true - while unproven theories dominate as general wisdoms.
― René Descartes