Music on Minecraft

DDR, Rock Band, Guitar Hero, and other musical game discussions
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
Holly_Hamilton
Noob
Noob
Is there a way to get your own music playing on mine craft? I think this would be good!
What do you think?
Side_Kik
Noob
Noob
It's very interesting, especially when you get to Mineshafts or other fun places, I like the variety of music that comes out with updates. I hope some more come out!
redwolf.harris@gmail.com
Noob
Noob
The music is really creepy in caves, but it gives you an advantage to knowing where mineshafts are because of the sounds.
Adison50
Noob
Noob
Yeah that's a good idea never heard of that before. It would be good music plays when you are close to a mineshaft or stronghold and think that would be great to add! :D Sometimes you here like creepy sounds but I think music would be cool to add like when you are close to a:

Cave
Mineshaft
StrongHold
Possibly Canyons.
TSTC2011
Noob
Noob
agreed cause I know sometimes I cant hear that you are near an opening sound
ChuckMiner25
Noob
Noob
I'm getting to the point of muting the music on both my ps4 and the pc versions I have--I'm just a little tired of it.
DALEKATOR
Noob
Noob
I agree; I would want my own theme music, one kind when I'm building, one kind when I'm mining, one kind when I'm fighting, etc. Your idea would be a good addition to Minecraft. :crazy:
Mirkku100
Noob
Noob
That would be cool.

But what you can also do is to turn the music volume off on Minecraft and put a song playing from YouTube or Spotify or anywhere really. I guess that'll have to do for now.
DaBossOfTheWorld
Noob
Noob
i wanna make a custom soundtrack. and upload it!
XxMonkeesGirlxX
Noob
Noob
All those ideas are good!!
JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
I think it would be cool if they would add more music disks to minecraft at some point.

Although I wish that if the main minecraft music was playing and you wanted to play a music disk as soon as you put it in the main minecraft music would stop so you could listen to the music disk instead of both. :D
Taffy114
Noob
Noob
On the adding your own music point, what if there were 'music packs' like texture packs and you can play different playlists depending on your taste of music! I don't know, I just thought that would be cool! :D
lallybroch876
Noob
Noob
Ahh that would be awesome!! Never even thought of that. Props to you.
PenguinT
Noob
Noob
There is probably a mod that would let you do this; if not it would certainly be possible for someone to write it
DaveyWavey
Noob
Noob
Sometimes I feel like listening to the Minecraft music just on its own when Im not even playing minecraft haha. The problem is, now because of obfuscation by the developers, it's way more difficult to find the music files. Oh well... I could probably just find them on youtube or something if I wanted to. It's always happy pretty music.