irony is always bitter.

For threads that strayed off topic or never made sense in the first place.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
you may not know this about e, but I'm not terrible with compters. in my family, I'm the go-to guy. if there's a problem, or a question, it comes to me. that means i tend to deal with some rather...silly...questions. Like how es, you do need a firewall. or ho yes, th computer needs to be plugged in.

C'est la vie everone makes mistake; and it's often the "obviou problems" tha t cause the most frusta/ration.

Like how you shud never leave an open dink near a laptop. I know this. I tell people this. It's lke saying "don't put your fae in the fire". you already know it

Yet. just the other day, when in a rush to clean my room up for visitors, I did just that. or at least, I did just that with pepsi. not a fairy. And yes, as you can tell my by abnormally bad typing, said peps was s[illed. Not by a simple elbo bump, not even by a areless hand. No, I managed to spin/slam my chair around at precisly the right angle and location so as to wallo the cup and upend it all over my dek and laptop.

i've been meaning to get rid of that chair,actualy. the arms bite into my thighs, and the locking mechanism slps, sending yo careening bakward into waht feels like certain doom when you mant to lean gently back. It's easy to kick back in and nap though, since it goes almost horizontal. Faux leather, t00. Adn thus, it saryts. stays. dag it.

now thankfuly (To God, ince drink spilliage can be a death sentencce0, the lappy was ine. The lappy keyboard, unfortunatel, was not so luck. whether is was that pepsi itslf, b\or the alcohol I use to clearn it, it is now royally deadinated. even more unfortunately, the only usb keybaord i own is a flexible silidon board which while incredibly awesome in principle, is terrible in reality. It's possible to type clearnly on it but it requires ramming each key doen fordcifully and specifally. Like so. Dropping my WPM down to "WPH".

It has severly limited m normal typing speed, but also accuracy; Ive been typgin at m normal seed with th results seen here. So now, i have only to sit and stare longinly at te nice pS/2 keyboard frm my old compy...that, or filch my dads ice baklit keyboard.

And ths, I have learned alesson I already knew, and eaten a piece of huble pie. Which tastes like soggy keyboard. Thanksfull tough, only one person saw me. >-. Dang. I meant ">_>" I can't enen make an indifferent fae.

Sgh. sIGh. SIGH DANGIT I SAID SIGH.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
ouch, sorry about the keyboard. I am assuming it's relatively inexpensive to get a replacement on on Ebay??
Eagle Eyes
VIP Member
VIP Member
LOL

Sorry for laughing but it does sound very funny as one reads it.

However I know that on that moment when it happens it's everything BUT funny.

I too spilled a drink on a keyboard, coffee in fact, for the first time in my life. I always took care when having a beverage around the computer when i'm busy surfing the web or when im busy typing my story onto a word document. Spilling beverages on the keyboard was always my dad and brother's thing, so when I spilled my coffee over my keyboard I was more than just unhappy.

The keyboard still works but is extremely sticky and though I have cleaned the buttons as best I could the sugar underneath the buttons make it impossible to use. So now the poor thing is hoping for better days in a box that is actually too small.

Any ideas as to how I can clean underneath the buttons?
Never judge a book by it's cover
and don't underestimate them either.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Yeah, replacement keyboards are only $13 on ebay...I'm just sure I want to put that into it, since the lappy is 6 years old and never leaves my desk; the USB keyboard I borrowed from my dad works fine, at least presently. And it glows. <3

I'm not actually certain how you clean keyboards. I tried rubbing alcohol (after I removed it from the laptop. O_o) and that didn't seem to help.
JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
Wow, it's been a while since I last read one of your adventures. ^-^
I feel your pain though, have you gotten you're replacement keyboard yet?
Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

1 Corinthians 13; remember it always.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Actually, I decided to save the money and stick with my USB keyboard. I'm hoping to replace the lappy soon and the USB is full sized. :D