Public art that is hard to get to

For threads that strayed off topic or never made sense in the first place.
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
Apparently, there's a small swimming pool in the middle of the Mojave Desert.

It's an art installation. That you can swim in.

Um... yeah....
Orodrist
CCGR addict
Location: Surrounded by blood and bathed in fire on a frozen lake
Not gonna lie, if I ever find myself in the Mojave I'd swing by that.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do - Robert A Heinlein

Courage ~ Discipline ~ Fidelity ~ Honor ~ Hospitality ~ Industriousness ~ Perseverance ~ Self Reliance ~
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
If I'm walking through the desert, I'm not going to swing by some dirty old water pit. That probably everyone and their dog has peed in.

Gross. That's not art.
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote:If I'm walking through the desert, I'm not going to swing by some dirty old water pit. That probably everyone and their dog has peed in.

Gross. That's not art.
If you ask me, it's a race to "stake one's claim," if you know what I mean, before anyone else.

It's a virginal pool, and I'm going to be the first one to pee in it.

*slides banjo into a saddle bag*

*rides into the sunset*
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
I'ma disagree. I'm not sure how long that's been out there, but I'm pretty sure it may as well be labeled "Outhouse" by now.

Heck, the dude who built it probably whizzed in it to demonstrate that, no matter how far you go in the struggle to find beauty, human corruption will always be there inside.
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Actually, according to the article, the pool has a locked cover, and to use it, you have to contact the artist in advance in order to pick up the key. So you don't have to worry about some random stranger using it as a latrine.

... that still doesn't explain why, though.... Or what will happen to it in a few weeks, when they apparently will take down the display... somehow....
Orodrist
CCGR addict
Location: Surrounded by blood and bathed in fire on a frozen lake
Because its impossible to force a lock...
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do - Robert A Heinlein

Courage ~ Discipline ~ Fidelity ~ Honor ~ Hospitality ~ Industriousness ~ Perseverance ~ Self Reliance ~
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
I don't have to worry about a random stranger using it as a turlet.

But I do have to worry about a random stranger who calls and picks up a key using it as a turlet. :P