Sometimes

For threads that strayed off topic or never made sense in the first place.
Epicness23
Noob
Noob
Are you human?: Yes!
Nate DaZombie wrote:But this is America, you have to tolerate us (according to the government). :P
IT ISN'T AMERICA FOR ME!!!!
One of the reasons i love Australia is that it isn't America.
Minecraft name: randomredhead12
My motto in sports: It's not about winning or losing, its about the stupidity to try
Emwok
CCGR addict
Good point. LOL!!!!
Spoiler:

Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
Epicness23 wrote:
Nate DaZombie wrote:But this is America, you have to tolerate us (according to the government). :P
If there's anything I've learned from Cracked, it's that Australia is home to way more dangerous beasties than I'd want to see.
Epicness23
Noob
Noob
Deepfreeze32 wrote:
Epicness23 wrote:
If there's anything I've learned from Cracked, it's that Australia is home to way more dangerous beasties than I'd want to see.
American myths, not all Australians live out in the middle of the desert with tonnes of wildlife!!!!
My motto in sports: It's not about winning or losing, its about the stupidity to try
Drewsov
CCGR addict
What are you talking about "American myths"?

You think we all speak like John Wayne?
http://exculpate.wordpress.com - Updated 2.10.12

You were telling him about Buddha, you were telling him about Mohammed in the same breath. You never mentioned one time the Man who came and died a criminal’s death...
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
Epicness23 wrote: American myths, not all Australians live out in the middle of the desert with tonnes of wildlife!!!!
What Drew said. And seriously. You need to stop getting worked up over this. I was mostly being sarcastic. I was referencing things like The Box Jellyfish, The Blue-Ringed Octopus, The Saltwater Crocodile, the bird-eating Tarantula, and more.

In all honesty, I'd love to visit Australia and New Zealand. That part of the country looks beautiful. Just calm down, if I rib another country, it's not meant as a serious insult. How many times have you made fun of our country, eh? I reference this section of your earlier post:
I could completely blow up about it, like you have in the past about Australia. But I don't. Because I can take a joke and the occasional prod.

So please, calm down.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me not everybody in Australia is a Crocodile Dundee?
Because everybody in America is a fat redneck republican.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
ohnolookout
VIP Member
VIP Member
ArchAngel wrote:Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me not everybody in Australia is a Crocodile Dundee?
Because everybody in America is a fat redneck republican.
"You call that a knife? THIS is a knife."

"That's not a knife, it's a spoon."

"Alright, alright, you win. I see you've played knifey-spooney before."
Si ergo Filius vos liberaverit vere liberi eritis
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Epicness23 wrote:One of the reasons i love Australia is that it isn't America.
I should probably take insult at that, but really, it just makes me contemplative.

It's actually very much within the spirit of my original post. You don't love Australia because of what it is, but because of what it is not.

For myself, I imagine Australia is enough within the tentacular grip of Western civilization to still be problematic, but I don't really know that.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Western civilization is way cool, bro.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
Epicness23
Noob
Noob
Deepfreeze32 wrote:
Epicness23 wrote: American myths, not all Australians live out in the middle of the desert with tonnes of wildlife!!!!
What Drew said. And seriously. You need to stop getting worked up over this. I was mostly being sarcastic. I was referencing things like The Box Jellyfish, The Blue-Ringed Octopus, The Saltwater Crocodile, the bird-eating Tarantula, and more.

In all honesty, I'd love to visit Australia and New Zealand. That part of the country looks beautiful. Just calm down, if I rib another country, it's not meant as a serious insult. How many times have you made fun of our country, eh? I reference this section of your earlier post:
I could completely blow up about it, like you have in the past about Australia. But I don't. Because I can take a joke and the occasional prod.

So please, calm down.
Yeh, I wasn't actually serious about what I said either. I was being sarcastic/joking like you. I would love to visit America one day, it's at the top of my list of countries I want to visit. I really meant no disrespect, as I'm sure you meant no disrespect either. It was just joking around; like you.
P.S. I didn't actually make a list of countries I want to visit :)
ohnolookout
VIP Member
VIP Member
Nobody got my Simpsons reference. :(
Si ergo Filius vos liberaverit vere liberi eritis
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
I was going to say something.

Decided it wasn't kind. Or worth it.
Epicness23
Noob
Noob
Yeh I got that, and I thought that was one of the funniest parodies I've ever seen after watching that episode. I don't really take offense to this stuff usually, I just do it for a bit of a joke most of the time, I mean, this is the nonsense column after all.
Orodrist
CCGR addict
Location: Surrounded by blood and bathed in fire on a frozen lake
ohnolookout wrote:Nobody got my Simpsons reference. :(
Nor my Marilyn Manson reference...meh.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do - Robert A Heinlein

Courage ~ Discipline ~ Fidelity ~ Honor ~ Hospitality ~ Industriousness ~ Perseverance ~ Self Reliance ~