tired of world using OMG

For threads that strayed off topic or never made sense in the first place.
CountKrazy
VIP Member
VIP Member
Are you human?: Yes!
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
It speaks to me. Literally.
CountKrazy
VIP Member
VIP Member
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Dear swee--

*run*
Orodrist
CCGR addict
Location: Surrounded by blood and bathed in fire on a frozen lake
CK...you have too much time on your hands.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do - Robert A Heinlein

Courage ~ Discipline ~ Fidelity ~ Honor ~ Hospitality ~ Industriousness ~ Perseverance ~ Self Reliance ~
CountKrazy
VIP Member
VIP Member
Orodrist wrote:CK...you have too much time on your hands.
Stephalawl
Noob
Noob
THAT CHER IS A HORSE

CHER MARE
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
CountKrazy wrote:Image
What...IF YOU COULD FIND A WAY?
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote:
ChickenSoup wrote:I think acting in a way that shows the love of God for the world is a better means of showing them to Christ than threatening to boycott them.
This makes no sense. Since you're claiming that actions speak louder than words, and our actions should match God's love. But you're also claiming that an action of refusing to give money to someone misusing God's name is somehow...wrong?

Maybe I'm wrong. But I still say you're nomming chowder. Because it works both ways; you think companies don't mind boycotting so much and that it really doesn't show our faith. But how much faith are we showing people when we clearly show them that we don't really care what bad morals/sins their company is doing/supporting? I mean...we're basically saying it doesn't matter. Is that biblical? Not caring about who or what we support with our money?

Don't play the judgment card either, because I'm not saying those people are inferior to me. :roll: And I'm not claiming we should screech at people when they use it.

The point here for me is that...I get bone-weary of threads like these with the guy who's like "IT DOESN'T MATTER SINCE WORSE THINGS HAPPEN IN THE WORLD". Tell that to a doctor. Sure, the bleeding vein is more important and needs to be fixed immediately. But it does not negate the slowly seeping belly wound and little bits of dirty shrapnel in the victim. You know, the types of wounds that lead to infection, and end up killing the patient later since they were neglected? Those have to be fixed and cleaned too.
Spoiler:
Whoo...didna see that coming when I started that paragraph. That worked out nicely.
Can't ignore either issue, and the murder thing is probably pretty serious...but you can't really do what you're doing either. "Genocide is far more terrible than theft, so we can ignore it and move on in love". Both are promblems, and I also think the tearing down and trodding on of God's name in our culture to be a pretty bad problem.

Basically, you gave me a wedgie with your post and I felt the need to call you on it. :lol:
I'm mostly just tired of words without actions. How many of you are going to organize this boycott? I don't like it either, but hot air blown around doesn't do anyone any good
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
Orodrist wrote:And you know what riding people for say OMG is going to do? Nothing. At all.

Wait I take that back, you'll irritate them.
Wait, I never said anything like that. XD
Because you can't tell someone to stop saying something, they won't understand.
No no, there's only one way to take action with this, Pray.

Praying is the best way to take action, and your not limited to pray for just one thing. :)
Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

1 Corinthians 13; remember it always.
TheWampaKing
VIP Member
VIP Member
Uh..I'm not really sure what to think about this. XD
"When the world flips you a Jeffrey, stroke the furry wall"
"IT'S LIKE GIBBERISH ONLY IT'S IN PRINT." - DeadManReedeemed
JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
Yeah, things got a little crazy.
Things were pretty simple at first... :|
Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

1 Corinthians 13; remember it always.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
ChickenSoup wrote:I'm mostly just tired of words without actions. How many of you are going to organize this boycott? I don't like it either, but hot air blown around doesn't do anyone any good
Works both ways padre. How many genocides have you stopped? :P

For the record, Parguay of '99 does not count since you had nothing to do with that dead'd dictator. The zombies got there before you did.

I see your point Souperman. I just don't agree with your methods presented in this thread. You need moar chainsaws.
bgpablo
So the question here, why bother telling the world that the profane misuse of our God's name bothers us? They won't care because they don't share our belief. ...Wow, so we pretty much given up on the world altogether then.

Who am I trying to please in all of my actions? God.

I declare my faith and dedication so that God is glorified. I get the conversation started so that all those I reach can bring the conversation to their families and peers. The letters from the apostles were written to challenge the churches, to remind them what it means to serve God in a world that rejects Him.

How about instead of seeing the negative side of the suggestion to let companies know that you worship the God of the universe, you listen to a brother in Christ & realize that we are called to make our faith known, not to condemn, but to show our devotion.
Will it cause some to reject us and call us fanatics? Yes! The Bible clearly states that we will suffer for His name.
Do we need to push it down their throats? No! Telling them that the name they have chose for their product or company is offensive is not telling them what to do, it's asking them to consider another point of view. Who knows, perhaps there is a Christian working for that company and this will remind them to put God first in their life and bring about some change.

Yes, I agree that the love of Christ needs to be shown. Can I not do this at the same time? How do you imagine I plan to protest? I believe I suggested writing simple letters to the companies to inform them.....no language of judgement or venom, just a request and informing them of why some people would avoid their product. Will they choose to ignore my comments? Probably, but that should never quell my resolve. I want God to know that I am on fire for Him, that I am HOT and not lukewarm.

Acting like it's no big deal is probably the WORST thing we could do. Seriously, guys.
If a tree falls and no one is there to hear it... well, we can be glad that we're all safe!
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote:
ChickenSoup wrote:I'm mostly just tired of words without actions. How many of you are going to organize this boycott? I don't like it either, but hot air blown around doesn't do anyone any good
Works both ways padre. How many genocides have you stopped? :P
I wasn't the one blowing the hot air :P
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested