The Joke Thread

For threads that strayed off topic or never made sense in the first place.
Emwok
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
A man walks into a bar. *THUNK*
Spoiler:

MrVertebrate
Noob
Noob
Heard this one from Jeff Foxworthy... If you think a quarter horse is the kiddie ride in front of Kmart, you might be a redneck!
ZappierVirus
CCGR addict
Deepfreeze32 wrote:An Afghan, an Albanian, an Algerian, an American, an Andorran, an Angolan, an Antiguan, an Argentine, an Armenian, an Australian, an Austrian, an Azerbaijani, a Bahamian, a Bahraini, a Bangladeshi, a Barbadian, a Barbudan, a Batswanan, a Belorussian, a Belgian, a Belizean, a Beninese, a Bhutanese, a Bolivian, a Bosnian, a Brazilian, a Briton, a Bruneian, a Bulgarian, a Burkinabe, a Burmese, a Burundian, a Cambodian, a Cameroonian, a Canadian, a Cape Verdean, a Central African, a Chadian, a Chilean, a Chinese, a Colombian, a Comoran, a Congolese, a Costa Rican, a Croatian, a Cuban, a Cypriot, a Czech, a Dane, a Djibouti, a Dominican, a Dutchman, an East Timorese, an Ecuadorean, an Egyptian, an Emirian, an Equatorial Guinean, an Eritrean, an Estonian, an Ethiopian, a Fijian, a Filipino, a Finn, a Frenchman, a Gabonese, a Gambian, a Georgian, a German, a Ghanaian, a Greek, a Grenadian, a Guatemalan, a Guinea-Bissauan, a Guinean, a Guyanese, a Haitian, a Herzegovinian, a Honduran, a Hungarian, an I-Kiribati, an Icelander, an Indian, an Indonesian, an Iranian, an Iraqi, an Irishman, an Israeli, an Italian, an Ivorian, a Jamaican, a Japanese, a Jordanian, a Kazakh, a Kenyan, a Kittian and Nevisian, a Kuwaiti, a Kyrgyz, a Laotian, a Latvian, a Lebanese, a Liberian, a Libyan, a Liechtensteiner, a Lithuanian, a Luxembourger, a Macedonian, a Malagasy, a Malawian, a Malaysian, a Maldivan, a Malian, a Maltese, a Marshallese, a Mauritanian, a Mauritian, a Mexican, a Micronesian, a Moldovan, a Monacan, a Mongolian, a Moroccan, a Mosotho, a Motswana, a Mozambican, a Namibian, a Nauruan, a Nepalese, a New Zealander, a Nicaraguan, a Nigerian, a Nigerien, a North Korean, a Northern Irishman, a Norwegian, an Omani, a Pakistani, a Palauan, a Palestinian, a Panamanian, a Papua New Guinean, a Paraguayan, a Peruvian, a Pole, a Portuguese, a Qatari, a Romanian, a Russian, a Rwandan, a Saint Lucian, a Salvadoran, a Samoan, a San Marinese, a Sao Tomean, a Saudi, a Scotsman, a Senegalese, a Serbian, a Seychellois, a Sierra Leonean, a Singaporean, a Slovakian, a Slovenian, a Solomon Islander, a Somali, a South African, a South Korean, a Spaniard, a Sri Lankan, a Sudanese, a Surinamer, a Swazi, a Swede, a Swiss, a Syrian, a Taiwanese, a Tajik, a Tanzanian, a Togolese, a Tongan, a Trinidadian or Tobagonian, a Tunisian, a Turk, a Tuvaluan, a Ugandan, a Ukrainian, a Uruguayan, a Uzbekistani, a Venezuelan, a Vietnamese, a Welshman, a Yemenite, a Zambian and a Zimbabwean all go to a nightclub...

The doorman stops them and says sorry I cant let you in without a Thai.
I saw this joke in a Uncle John's bathroom reader.
Creepers + Boom Slimes = Big Crater
Minecrafting all the time!
I post too much.
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
MrVertebrate wrote:Heard this one from Jeff Foxworthy... If you think a quarter horse is the kiddie ride in front of Kmart, you might be a redneck!
... you mean it isn't? :shock:
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
Lexpeee
Noob
Noob
Not really good at jokes, but there's one that I clearly remember.

I used to be an ESL Teacher before. We teach Korean kiddos how to use the English language and related stuff.

So I had this conversation with an 11 year old:

Me: Hello, my name is teacher Alex, and I will be your teacher today!
Student: Hello, my name is (Korean name. cant remember. lol), and I will be your "student" for today! :D

Yeah, for some reason I lol'ed at it because it's very unusual. That was like the first time I had that sudden conversation with a student, because most of my students get tired of hearing the same opening spiel over and over again.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Have you ever heard of the almost famous artist Edward Youf`? His paintings were beautiful, lauded by the critics, and yet he always sold them at prices the everyman could afford. He worked solely for the love of the work.

Unfortunately, a clerical error ruined the opening of his gallery, "Art by Ed Youf." The papers he sent out invited everyone instead to the grand opening of "Youf art, Ed." No one showed up.

>_>

<_<
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
We need an emoji for a groan.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
ZappierVirus
CCGR addict
Agreed.
Creepers + Boom Slimes = Big Crater
Minecrafting all the time!
I post too much.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
:lol:

True story though. :| The failure of his gallery actually made him ill, so he had to stop painting for awhile. His passionate love of art encouraged him to take up writing during his convalescence however, and he penned an inspiring book about his illness and recovery, and the many people who helped him along the way. It didn't achieve high sales, but I liked it personally.

It's called "Youf, ailed: Self help isn't for everyone" if anyone is interested.

>_>

<_<
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
A facepalm emoji would be good, too.

—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
You don't even want to hear about his cousin, Earl Collin.

It was going fine for him until he joined the military; everyone thought he was joke. That ticked the sergeant off, who took it out on Earl by making him do push-ups until his arms almost fell off; the whole experience left a bad taste in his mouth.

>_>

<_<
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
Chozon1 wrote:You don't even want to hear about his cousin, Earl Collin.

It was going fine for him until he joined the military; everyone thought he was joke. That ticked the sergeant off, who took it out on Earl by making him do push-ups until his arms almost fell off; the whole experience left a bad taste in his mouth.

>_>

<_<
I don't get it?
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Deepfreeze32 wrote:I don't get it?
"Calling Earl" means you're barfing. I guess it's a southern thing...

That's why Earl actually changed his name; He was tired of the joke, since it had followed him back to his home in Georgia, and made the rounds so that everyone and their grandmother knew.

Not to go to far into my history, but that's actually how I met the entire strange family. I in Georgia, the home state of the Youf's and the Collin's, and standing in line in the Atlanta courthouse (tax reasons; I don't want to get into it). After several hours of waiting in the dreary place, clutching a manila folder to my chest, I saw and heard a guy run by me shouting happily at the top of his lungs. This doesn't usually happen in a courthouse, so when I finally got to the counter, I asked; "Do you know what made that guy so happy?"

He did; he looked up and stared at me with sagely eyes, and said in a very thick drawl, "Guy that ran out awhile ago? I guess I do. He was Collin, Earl when he went back, but now he's Jess Peachy."

>_>

<_<
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
Chozon1 wrote:
Deepfreeze32 wrote:I don't get it?
"Calling Earl" means you're barfing. I guess it's a southern thing...
Huh. I was raised in Texas, and that expression has never been in my vocabulary (Meaning I've never heard it). Maybe it's a non-Texas southern thing. XD