Last CD/Digital Album You Bought?

newcement
VIP Member
VIP Member
Xian_Lee wrote: A grab bag of 30 Tooth and Nail CDs for $25. I'm not sure what all is going to be in this "grab bag," but T&N usually puts out decent stuff, so it's probably a good deal.
Where is this available? I might be interested...

Good choices on music...I don't own the Emery CDs, but I want to get them...

That Mat Kearney album is good. I've seen him live twice. The first time at youth group. He put on a great show there and was open about his faith. The second time was a secular venue. He didn't really share anything Christian related and the entire concert was pretty much a big letdown. :( I still like him though...
Kendrik
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
newcement wrote:Where is this available? I might be interested...
Don't think about it, just go buy it. Worst case scenario, you sell all the CDs in a garage sale for a buck and a half and still turn a profit. With shipping, the deal is just over $40. Anyway, here's the link. I'm hoping for some random stuff I've never heard of. Of course, I could go for an album from Adam Again.
newcement wrote:Good choices on music...I don't own the Emery CDs, but I want to get them...

That Mat Kearney album is good. I've seen him live twice. The first time at youth group. He put on a great show there and was open about his faith. The second time was a secular venue. He didn't really share anything Christian related and the entire concert was pretty much a big letdown. :( I still like him though...
Also buy the Emery CDs. They're also that good.

As for Mat Kearney, I like his music so far. That's cool that he was at your youth group. Too bad about him not really using his secular platform for presenting the gospel. I get that everyone has different evangelism styles, but I like to see Christian artists stand out a little bit.
newcement
VIP Member
VIP Member
Xian_Lee wrote:Don't think about it, just go buy it. Worst case scenario, you sell all the CDs in a garage sale for a buck and a half and still turn a profit. With shipping, the deal is just over $40. Anyway, here's the link. I'm hoping for some random stuff I've never heard of. Of course, I could go for an album from Adam Again.
$40, huh? I've been spending way too much money lately... I know you said not to, but I'll have to think about it. :wink: You've been an excellent salesperson for T&N though...
:D
Xian_Lee wrote: I get that everyone has different evangelism styles, but I like to see Christian artists stand out a little bit.
Yeah, me too. After that concert, my mom and I started to doubt his Christianity, as did my friend and his mom...too bad.
Kendrik
CCGR addict
newcement wrote:$40, huh? I've been spending way too much money lately... I know you said not to, but I'll have to think about it. :wink: You've been an excellent salesperson for T&N though...
:D
Thanks. Here's the deal: I want Christian music to improve. I want Christian artists to be bold in their approach to evangelism through music, and I don't want the artistic portion of the music to suffer for it. Tooth and Nail tends to have artists that fit this mold. As such, I want to promote their bands as much as I can. I try to promote specific bands, but sometimes a whole record label deserves credit. Moreover, I have to buy music in order to walk my talk. The Christian music industry can only change if the money forces it to change. As it stands, Christian pop radio music is able to sell because of the "safe" image it carries. Christian rock doesn't sell so well because it isn't always up to par with the secular rock industry. Well, there needs to be money going into Christian rock if it's too improve. Of course, just throwing money at the industry isn't going to help if the music is lacking. That's why I selectively promote Christian artists like Emery. Of course, when I find amazing Christian music, I feel quite compelled to purchase it.

Also, buy straight from Tooth and Nail (or whatever record label) whenever possible. The number of units sold are still tracked, but the labels make more money. I've said that before, but I wanted to say it again because it's that important.
newcement wrote:Yeah, me too. After that concert, my mom and I started to doubt his Christianity, as did my friend and his mom...too bad.
Hmm... I don't know that I would go so far as to doubt his faith, but I could see disapproving of his evangelism style. There are many Christian artists that just want to make good music for its own sake. I'm not opposed to that, but if an artist presents him/herself as a God-minded person to Christians and not to the secular realm, then I have a problem. Consistency, yeah?
battousai akuma
Gamer
Gamer
Just ordered:

Once - Nightwish
The Black Halo - Kamelot
O God the Aftermath - Nomra Jean
waiiting for them to come in the mail.
battousai akuma formally known as hittokiri04

Myspace: www.myspace.com/otakunocrazo
shy_guy
I just bought Chris Daughtry's (from American Idol) CD... Pretty good stuff, definitely the only American Idol contestant's CD I would recommend.

I also got Switchfoot's Oh Gravity! Seems good so far.
satjome
Noob
Noob
^ i plan on buying said above cds...
ME= Good monsters by Jars of ?Clay (awesome)
Audio/Visual by Bleach
Daylight by needtobreathe
Jekyll and Hyde by Petra (W00t!!!!!!1111)
Anthems for the Imperfect by Everyday Sunday
etc..free samplers are my friend, though i boght the above cds.
And i BUY stuff, not illegally download it... :x
Lazarus
CCGR addict
Sure you do...
Kendrik
CCGR addict
I just purchased the Deluxe Edition of Demon Hunter's The Triptych. Amazing. The Deluxe Edition is worth buying, even if one already owns the regular version.
battousai akuma
Gamer
Gamer
Xian_Lee wrote:I just purchased the Deluxe Edition of Demon Hunter's The Triptych. Amazing. The Deluxe Edition is worth buying, even if one already owns the regular version.
Is there any difference between the regular and deluxe edition?

newcement
VIP Member
VIP Member
Hittokiri04 wrote:
Is there any difference between the regular and deluxe edition?
There are some videos and some remixes.
Kendrik
CCGR addict
And a 12 song (approximately) live show that's amazing. And a ton of behind the tour footage that's pretty cool.
battousai akuma
Gamer
Gamer
Oh kool! I may get some day. I have to save my money on others things.

DarthDapor
VIP Member
VIP Member
YEAAAAAAH
I got Red The End of Silence
AND...
Skillet Comatose!!!!!!!!!!!
Kendrik
CCGR addict
Both of which are amazing CDs!

+45 Kudos to Darth for buying some awesome music.