WoW Composer Leads Game Cover Band, Critical Hit

ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Blizzard’s composer Jason Hayes and VGMarket’s founder Michael Gluck as a freelance PR consultant to help them launch Critical Hit. Together, they’ve founded the all-star game cover band, performing their own arrangement of soundtracks from some of our favorite videogames of all time – and featuring award-winning performers and recording artists with credits, including Primetime Emmy’s, American Idol, MTV Music Awards, Cirque du Soleil and more!

Today marks the formal announcement of Critical Hit and their debut album, Critical Hit: Volume One. They’ve also released their first music video to their performance of Angry Birds: “Main Theme”. Eleven other tracks are featured on the album

Critical Hit website: http://www.criticalhitband.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
I follow the violinist, Taylor Davis (she does some pretty great covers of movie and game songs), so I found out about this through her. It was pretty good. Wish they chose something other than the Angry Birds theme, but they did a good job with the source material.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
the CD tracklist seems pretty good
baconisgood23
VIP Member
VIP Member
That's pretty cool. Thanks for sharing! :mrgreen:

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should've been more specific." -Lily Tomlin
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
They released another video today. Still good.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Since their debut in October 2013, they’ve been working to line up a series of concerts. Today they announced that they are co-headlining Orlando Nerd Fest 2014 with Final Fantasy’s Nobuo Uematsu’s band, The Earthbound Papas. They’ve also unveiled their latest music video from Tetris.

ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Not dead enough to be resurrected, so I'm bumping this back up. I'm a bit disappointed they didn't get more exposure, they're covers are really good.
The Tetris one is the best yet.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.