Anyone know any cool Christian rock bands?

amped3000
Noob
Noob
Are you human?: Yes!
Right now I listen to Skillet, Family Force 5, Philmont, Switchfoot, Pillar, Decyfer Down, Manafest, and Thousand Foot Krutch. You guys know any others? I have $20 on iTunes and I don't know what to buy.
Orodrist
CCGR addict
Location: Surrounded by blood and bathed in fire on a frozen lake
Get Slechtvalk's At the Dawn of War or The Forlorn Throne.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do - Robert A Heinlein

Courage ~ Discipline ~ Fidelity ~ Honor ~ Hospitality ~ Industriousness ~ Perseverance ~ Self Reliance ~
mebmatt
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Red, Fireflight, and Disciple.
I tried being normal once. Worst five minutes of my life.
JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
I recommend Relient K.
Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

1 Corinthians 13; remember it always.
TripExistence
donkey
Are you human?: Not likely
House of Heroes, for sure.
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
Queens Club, Project 86, Emery, Royal Tailor, Anberlin, Satellites and Sirens, Icon for Hire, Inhale Exhale, Run Kid Run, Poema, Rocky Loves Emily, blah blah blah.........
“The humble sinner will sometimes be interpreted as one of the filthiest in the eyes of man yet immersed in the eyes of God, and this is due to the volition of honesty regarding his own corruption.”

― Criss Jami
TheWampaKing
VIP Member
VIP Member
Neon horse, demon hunter, RED, staple, and Tobymac's first CD was good.
"When the world flips you a Jeffrey, stroke the furry wall"
"IT'S LIKE GIBBERISH ONLY IT'S IN PRINT." - DeadManReedeemed
Emwok
CCGR addict
Skillet is the best one I know of. I also like Decypher Down, Pillar and Thousand Foot Crutch. I've never listened to them but another one is Switchfoot.

EDIT: Just read ur post all the way through. I just recommended all the bands u listen to. LOL!!!!!!!
Spoiler:

Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
TripExistence wrote:House of Heroes, for sure.
This. I would also second many of the ones listed here, especially Demo Hunter. And, though I'm wondering if I should just sign up as an advertising agent for them, Theocracy. They will blow your freaking pants off. Your normal pants will be safe, however.

Heck, dunno if iTunes has them, but also look up Audio Adrenaline. They're pretty much the forefathers of Christian rock (true, Bride, Bloodgood, ETC for Metal; but AA was actually original in their themes). You hear next to nothing of them nowadays, but they are excellent in both music and themes.
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
Robbie Seay Band, David Crowder Band, The Afters, The City Manifesto(?)
“The humble sinner will sometimes be interpreted as one of the filthiest in the eyes of man yet immersed in the eyes of God, and this is due to the volition of honesty regarding his own corruption.”

― Criss Jami
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
Chozon1 wrote:I would also second many of the ones listed here, especially Demo Hunter.
Sounds more like a hipster music column than a rock band. :P

I second(Third?) House of Heroes. And even though you already know them, Switchfoot. Oh so good.
TripExistence
donkey
Are you human?: Not likely
Since they haven't been mentioned here, The Classic Crime. They're not strictly 'Christian' persay (Christians in a band sort of thing), but their lyrics are hard-hitting/uplifting and they've got some rocking tunes. I would avoid their third album and stick with the first two, but that's just me. Their second album, The Silver Cord has got to be one of the best modern rock albums I've ever heard and their acoustic ep is just as good, if not better.

I know I said them already, but seriously dude, House of Heroes. They make some of the best quality Christian music I can think of, and it doesn't sound as overproduced to me as a lot of the bands listed here. Again, that's just me, but you'd be remiss not to seriously check these guys out.

I know I'm just rambling at this point, but if you're looking for something softer or a little more different, try Over the Rhine. They've got a massive back catalogue of great folk/rock/Americana songs and Karin Bergquist has a fantastic voice. Alternatively you could try the more well known Sixpence None the Richer: I found their self-titled album to be surprisingly intense and thoughtful.

Okay, rambling over. You now have no excuse to not check out great music.

PS, I'm gonna second Wampa's Neon Horse suggestion just because it went relatively unnoticed.
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
Starflyer 59

Children 18:3

― Criss Jami
xbox650
Gamer
Gamer
Relient K: Forget and not slowdown.

DO IT! or at lest listen to the demos. ITS AMAZING O,O
"Even if the morrow is barren of promises,
Nothing shall forestall my return."

- Genesis Rhapsodos.
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
xbox650 wrote:Relient K: Forget and not slowdown.

DO IT! or at lest listen to the demos. ITS AMAZING O,O

Dude, we know. Please pick another band for him to listen to (if you know any other besides reliant k. lol)

― Criss Jami