Fav Movie?

Voyde
Gamer
Gamer
Are you human?: Yes!
Anyone seen 'Jumper'? It's odd, but I love it.
People who hack Metroid are losers.
TripExistence
donkey
Are you human?: Not likely
I saw it when it came out. Didn't really care for it.
Orodrist
CCGR addict
Location: Surrounded by blood and bathed in fire on a frozen lake
Same.

Hayden Christensen can GDIAF.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do - Robert A Heinlein

Courage ~ Discipline ~ Fidelity ~ Honor ~ Hospitality ~ Industriousness ~ Perseverance ~ Self Reliance ~
Voyde
Gamer
Gamer
Darn. Guess I'm the only one. So far anyway...

And H. Christensen's acting wasn't all that bad...
Obibear
VIP Member
VIP Member
Location: Dillon, Texas, helping Landry practice his field goal kicks.
Voyde wrote:
And H. Christensen's acting wasn't all that bad...
He's...

...he's just awful. :lol:

He ruined the Star Wars prequels.

Seriously.

(Him and George Lucas)

Oh, I'm an Obibear. Yes, I'm an Obibear. I'm a yummy tummy funny lucky Obibear.

I'm a jelly bear. Cuz I'm an Obibear. I'm a movin' grovin' jammin' singin' Obibear.
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
I dunno, I enjoyed Phantom Menace, and parts of Revenge of the Sith.

Probably PM because of the lack of Hayden Christensen, and I liked the parts in Revenge of the Sith where he wasn't there.
ohnolookout
VIP Member
VIP Member
Deepfreeze32 wrote:I dunno, I enjoyed Phantom Menace, and parts of Revenge of the Sith.

Probably PM because of the lack of Hayden Christensen, and I liked the parts in Revenge of the Sith where he wasn't there.
I liked the part where McGregor chopped his limbs off.

I always think it's because of his bad acting skills and not because he turned to the dark side.
Si ergo Filius vos liberaverit vere liberi eritis
Pheonix
Forum Moderator
Obibear wrote:He ruined the Star Wars prequels.

Seriously.

(Him and George Lucas)

How can Lucas ruin his own story? It would be the actors fault not his. Haha
OI! I have a Tumblr. You could follow it if you want,

New member? Want to get those first 15 posts? This should help.
Lazarus
CCGR addict
How? By writing a great story - and then writing another story in the same universe that sucked. And then turning it into a movie and hiring a bloody awful actor like Hayden what'sisname. >_>

It's easy to do. Just ask George Lucas.
Kendrik
CCGR addict
Pheonix wrote:How can Lucas ruin his own story? It would be the actors fault not his. Haha
Easy. Lucas is responsible for a grand, and great, vision. This I will always credit him for.

Crappy characterization, scriptwriting, breaking of his own story... I also credit him.

He nearly ruined Star Wars by turning the prequels into a mediocre cash-in. Liam Neeson was The Phantom Menace's saving grace; McGregor the saving grace of Revenge of the Sith.

But the prequels are flat, uninspired cash-ins. The spark and charm of the original trilogy is definitely lost in the prequels.

Lucas nigh killed his own vision.

And we won't even start on how he screwed up the original trilogy with his special edition.
Voyde
Gamer
Gamer
Oh come on guys. It wasn't all that bad. I take it you guys didn't like the Force Unleashed games? Because they were far-fetched as well.
Kendrik
CCGR addict
Voyde wrote:Oh come on guys. It wasn't all that bad. I take it you guys didn't like the Force Unleashed games? Because they were far-fetched as well.
I rather liked Force Unleashed as a game. It was really fun. I even liked its place in the Star Wars universe.

It just went and defiled the Rule of Two, though it kind of makes sense that the Rule of Two would always be threatened, and that's why I have a hard time with it on a canon level. Beyond that, the game is very enjoyable.

On the other hand, there were points in the prequel trilogy that made me go "that doesn't seem to work with established canon," but that wasn't a major issue for me.

The craptacular writing (which was more atrocious than the acting of everyone other than Christiansen) is why I hold the prequels in such low regard.

Conversely, you will find few people who like the original trilogy as much as I do.
Pheonix
Forum Moderator
Kendrik wrote:
Pheonix wrote:How can Lucas ruin his own story? It would be the actors fault not his. Haha
Easy. Lucas is responsible for a grand, and great, vision. This I will always credit him for.

Crappy characterization, scriptwriting, breaking of his own story... I also credit him.

He nearly ruined Star Wars by turning the prequels into a mediocre cash-in. Liam Neeson was The Phantom Menace's saving grace; McGregor the saving grace of Revenge of the Sith.

But the prequels are flat, uninspired cash-ins. The spark and charm of the original trilogy is definitely lost in the prequels.

Lucas nigh killed his own vision.

And we won't even start on how he screwed up the original trilogy with his special edition.
Fair enough.
OI! I have a Tumblr. You could follow it if you want,

New member? Want to get those first 15 posts? This should help.
Voyde
Gamer
Gamer
Kendrik wrote:
Voyde wrote:Oh come on guys. It wasn't all that bad. I take it you guys didn't like the Force Unleashed games? Because they were far-fetched as well.
I rather liked Force Unleashed as a game. It was really fun. I even liked its place in the Star Wars universe.

It just went and defiled the Rule of Two, though it kind of makes sense that the Rule of Two would always be threatened, and that's why I have a hard time with it on a canon level. Beyond that, the game is very enjoyable.

On the other hand, there were points in the prequel trilogy that made me go "that doesn't seem to work with established canon," but that wasn't a major issue for me.

The craptacular writing (which was more atrocious than the acting of everyone other than Christiansen) is why I hold the prequels in such low regard.

Conversely, you will find few people who like the original trilogy as much as I do.
That's good. Really wanna play Ultimate Sith Ed., and I heard they were making a second Force Unleashed title, surely not the Ultimate Sith Ed. that was just released. That isn't a sequel. It's more like a re-release.
Obibear
VIP Member
VIP Member
Location: Dillon, Texas, helping Landry practice his field goal kicks.
No. It really was that bad. For the reasons Kenny mentioned, it was bad. Like...I wish those movies didn't exist.

Seriously.

With the possible exception of Revenge of the Sith...cuz I do kinda like that one. But even then...ugh.

I just wanna watch The Empire Strikes Back right now. :lol:

Oh, I'm an Obibear. Yes, I'm an Obibear. I'm a yummy tummy funny lucky Obibear.

I'm a jelly bear. Cuz I'm an Obibear. I'm a movin' grovin' jammin' singin' Obibear.