God's Not Dead

Praise
Noob
Noob
I enjoyed the movie. Expected it to be better but I expect all movies to be better. Hopefully this movie lead people to Christ. I haven't seen the new Left Behind but would like to see it.
appleseed2002
Noob
Noob
I think it was a great movie! It offered a lot of scientific explanation for the Bible being true. It is a good family movie for Christians to watch.
gamebrain123
Noob
Noob
Have you seen the movie "God's not Dead" too?
EchoDelta
Gamer
Gamer
Are you human?: Yes!
Noticed the movie is available on Netflix streaming and Amazon Prime now.
jsrcj
Noob
Noob
One of the best new Christian movies ever!
storm
Gamer
Gamer
a very good movie and one that hit a lot of nerves and souls of a lot of people as well as lifting up so many hearts which makes it even better
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
16 Rejoice always, 17 pray without ceasing, 18 in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. (NKJV)
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” Greg King
OMG_Its_Aly
Noob
Noob
I love God's Not Dead...(Song and movie lol)
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Just watched it.

I think you guys who are complaining about 2 dimensional portrayals of Atheists have rather missed the point of the movie. (And oddly, it seems like many of those with that criticism haven't seen the movie anyway.)

Is an Atheist going to like this movie? Spoiler Alert: No. But then, this movie isn't for Atheists.

Strangely, the Atheist characters actually get as much development as any other character, sometimes even more. The story of the Professor is a lot deeper and more complex than even the protagonist. Is it Oscar nominee material? Well no, it's pretty cliche', but it doesn't really have to be an Academy Award contender. It does the job.

This movie is not meant to be a deep character study on people from different worldviews. It's a pressure valve.

Here's what I mean. These days, Christians are feeling pretty defeated, aren't we? Every time we turn around we see Christianity fighting what seems like a losing battle with the LGBT community, radical Islam, politicians, you name it. It's easy to see where a movie like this will appeal to those who feel this way. Whether you personally believe that Christians are losing the culture war or not, we can all agree that there are plenty of people who do, and it is these people the movie was made for.

It's a feel good movie for people who are sick of being called zealots, Flat Earthers, religion nuts, homophobes, superstitious, etc. It's a movie for people who feel like a story that gives them a little hope and validation. Just watch the closing credits, where they include a list of legal cases in which Universities were successfully sued in court for suppressing students' rights to religious expression.

So the movie was a success in that it does what it sets out to do. I liked it, and I would recommend it to any Christian.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
LegoFan560
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
I really like that perspective, Arctic. I agree with your analysis as well. Thanks for sharing! +1
@Cheryl: Thanks for a wonderful community. It is a pleasure and honor to be a part of it.

"Well then, carry on chaps."
-Deepfreeze32

"it's not malware guys it's linux ;)"
-ccgr

"Go play outside. That's what I'm going to do now."
-ccgr
ShilohtheCrazyCatLady
Noob
Noob
If you're anything like me, you're going to cry. A lot. I bawled my eyes out... I enjoyed every minute of it. ^_^
coffeeblocks33
Noob
Noob
What if people who don't know Christ aren't opponents to be conquered, but people in desperate need of genuine love? There is sub-culture within the church that really wants to win arguments, and "stand up for God". This adversarial approach to following Christ does much more harm than good. Winning arguments is not evangelism, it's egotistical. God doesn't need anyone to defend him. God needs people that look like Jesus, to infiltrate every corner of the planet and build relationships with the lost.
JO987
Noob
Noob
Went to see this movie with my Great-grandfather and my mom.