Noah

ArchAngel
CCGR addict
This is not just a joke. There's a very real and substantial criticism towards those so easily offended at the "unbiblical" nature of the movie. It'll get lost if you think it's just jokes about God. It's not even remotely that.

It's a real danger and a huge mistake to confuse "God" and "Christians." Don't ever think something said against a person is said against your god.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
HankTheCowdog
Are you human?: Yes!
Yeah, I was saying that against the video posted, not against the movie, if you watch a movie based on the bible most times you just need to view it as not from the bible just as I am going to do with this movie.

God's Not Dead!
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
I was talking about the clip from the Daily Show.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
I would actually recommend all strong Christians view the movie and reexamine how seriously they take movies produced by non-Christians
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
HankTheCowdog
ArchAngel wrote:This is not just a joke. There's a very real and substantial criticism towards those so easily offended at the "unbiblical" nature of the movie. It'll get lost if you think it's just jokes about God. It's not even remotely that.

It's a real danger and a huge mistake to confuse "God" and "Christians." Don't ever think something said against a person is said against your god.

I don't believe he is saying this against Christian Doctrine, he is trying to say that Christians are dumb because of what they believe, and what we believe is given to us by God!

There is a way to watch this and just ignore the little comments about Christians, but I don't like what this guy is saying, and it hurts my conscience.

God's Not Dead!
HankTheCowdog
ChickenSoup wrote:I would actually recommend all strong Christians view the movie and reexamine how seriously they take movies produced by non-Christians
Yeah, I agree, Christians can't expect this movie to be based on the Bible or follow it's principals.

God's Not Dead!
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
HankTheCowdog wrote:
ArchAngel wrote:This is not just a joke. There's a very real and substantial criticism towards those so easily offended at the "unbiblical" nature of the movie. It'll get lost if you think it's just jokes about God. It's not even remotely that.

I don't believe he is saying this against Christian Doctrine, he is trying to say that Christians are dumb because of what they believe, and what we believe is given to us by God!

There is a way to watch this and just ignore the little comments about Christians, but I don't like what this guy is saying, and it hurts my conscience.
you missed the point of the video quite drastically.

And for the record, the reaction by the Christian community at large has been dumb.
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
LAVA89
Watching most of the trailers and even an interview the cast did with EWTN I was on the fence about viewing this movie. But after reading this thorough review and alot of comments backing it up, I have no interest in seeing it.

If the writers want to fill in the gaps for the story, I might be uncomfortable with that, but it makes sense. The 10 Commandments did that and people hold it up as a great Biblical epic. However, my big issue is how sympathetic the movie seems to be with the fallen angels \ pre-flood demons (where they outright help Noah) and it sounds like they've really demonized Noah as a character.
EvergreenAcademy101
Noob
Noob
My Christian friends who have seen the movie do not recommend it. Our church is recommending to stay away from the movie Noah and go to see Gods Not Dead instead.